Author Topic: A Brief History of Antifa: Part I  (Read 234 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A Brief History of Antifa: Part I
« on: June 12, 2020, 06:34:14 pm »
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/16104/antifa-history

A Brief History of Antifa: Part I
by Soeren Kern
June 12, 2020

excerpt:
What is Antifa?

Antifa can be described as a transnational insurgency movement that endeavors, often with extreme violence, to subvert liberal democracy, with the aim of replacing global capitalism with communism. Antifa's stated long-term objective, both in America and abroad, is to establish a communist world order. In the United States, Antifa's immediate aim is to bring about the demise of the Trump administration.

Antifa's nemeses include law enforcement, which is viewed as enforcing the established order. A common tactic used by Antifa in the United States and Europe is to employ extreme violence and destruction of public and private property to goad the police into a reaction, which then "proves" Antifa's claim that the government is "fascist."

Antifa claims to oppose "fascism," a term it often uses as a broad-brush pejorative to discredit those who hold opposing political beliefs. The traditional meaning of "fascism" as defined by Webster's Dictionary is "a totalitarian governmental system led by a dictator and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism, militarism, and often racism."

Antifa holds the Marxist-Leninist definition of fascism which equates it with capitalism. "The fight against fascism is only won when the capitalist system has been shattered and a classless society has been achieved," according to the German Antifa group, Antifaschistischer Aufbau München.

More at URL above...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: A Brief History of Antifa: Part I
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 06:41:16 pm »
I put this into the "politics" forum because, for all practical purposes, antifa is now "an emerging political party" in the USA.

It's competing against, and in some cases co-opting, the democrat-communist party.

I'm thinking that as what's left of "the traditional wing" of the "old" democratic party collapses and fades away, the young leftists will increasingly align with the antifammunists -- and eventually may be absorbed INTO the new "antifa/blm party".

Even though a large number of youthful "democrats" might feel comfortable with communist precepts, as yet I'll guess they would resent being called "communists", or even "democrat-communists".
But these same individuals would probably be as happy to wear antifa t-shirts as they seem to be wearing che t-shirts...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:22:48 pm by Fishrrman »