Author Topic: Trump on Seattle: ‘If We Have to Go in, We’re Going to Go in’  (Read 7668 times)

Offline libertybele

This is entirely a Washington State problem. Why should Trump get involved in this when Washington State is fine with it? In fact, they seem to be in favor of the takeover and are aiding and abetting the perps.

Inslee and every other politician in Washington will only use Trump's help to pummel him with it. It is not for Trump to resolve and issue which the governor and mayor there do not want to be resolved.

Disagree.  This isn't just a Washington State problem ... the thugs want to set up zones now in Nashville.  These zones are going to continue to crop up as long as no one steps up and tells them that mob rule isn't acceptable.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tennessee-gov-lee-nashville-autonomous-zone
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Cyber wrote:
"The time isn't yet ripe."

Correct.
And Mr. Trump phrased his remarks so as to give local and state authorities time to resolve the problem themselves, before "making a federal case" out of it.

This is nothing less than armed insurrection, and somebody is going to have to take action to resolve it. Particularly so if the extortion of businesses and individuals continues, or if the beatings (and perhaps killings) continue.

Hmmm...
That's one side of the ol' fishrrman, but here's the other side.

Perhaps it's time for the more conservative eastern two thirds of Washington State to declare that IT is establishing it's own nation, and build a wall at the base of the Cascades with its own armed guards. And then (now being an independent nation, a la Texas) petition the Congress for admission to the United States as a new state of its own?

C'mon, ya gotta believe...!

Won't help much. Spokane would be the new power center, and it too is liberal as hell.

Offline libertybele

BLM's response to Trump's declaration:

Pretty much so.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

This is entirely a Washington State problem. Why should Trump get involved in this when Washington State is fine with it? In fact, they seem to be in favor of the takeover and are aiding and abetting the perps.

Inslee and every other politician in Washington will only use Trump's help to pummel him with it. It is not for Trump to resolve an issue which the governor and mayor there do not want to be resolved.
Agree but if American lives are being threatened there is a moral obligation to stop it if no one else will.

Offline corbe

I'm quick but not as quick as you, @libertybele  :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Disagree.  This isn't just a Washington State problem ... the thugs want to set up zones now in Nashville.  These zones are going to continue to crop up as long as no one steps up and tells them that mob rule isn't acceptable.

You don't seem to understand that this whole thing is to setup Trump.

The mayor and the governor are kissing the feet of BLM and Antifa while fully expecting the Trump will come in to retake control of the city. Then they, the mayor and governor, will be HEROES to the woke crowd while President Trump will be called a fascist and a Nazi for doing the right thing.

It is a mouse trap Washington State is laying out for Trump. I hope he does not fall for it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

You don't seem to understand that this whole thing is to setup Trump.

The mayor and the governor are kissing the feet of BLM and Antifa while fully expecting the Trump will come in to retake control of the city. Then they, the mayor and governor, will be HEROES to the woke crowd while President Trump will be called a fascist and a Nazi for doing the right thing.

It is a mouse trap Washington State is laying out for Trump. I hope he does not fall for it.

??? The mayor and the governor are kissing their butts ... so how exactly does that make them heroes?  Trump will be the hero if he takes control of things and restores order ... so far things remain out of control.  The longer they remain out of control, the harder it is going to be for Trump to do anything.

Offline libertybele

I'm quick but not as quick as you, @libertybele  :beer:

Gee thanks.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

If they start it up in Nashville, then it will be a Washington state and Tennessee problem.  I'll bet it gets handled a tad differently in Tennessee.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Isn't this kind of a win-win.  They now have their own country, therefore they should have to provide for everything for their people.  This means the people of the U.S. don't have to supply them any healthcare, or any benefits whatsoever.  Seems to me the nastiest of the nasty are all in one place.  What a deal....

@mrpotatohead

Well,it would SEEM that way,but they are being backed by the DNC,and the DNC NEEDS a crisis with Americans gunned down in the street by troops so they can blame it on Trump.

The truth is the mayor of Seattle can shut it down any time he wants by simply shutting down the water supply and cutting off the power and phones. You think these spoiled "pets" are going to live without all the modern conveniences? Not a chance in hell. They would all just go back to Mom's Basement and live the "good life" once again.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
>>Trump just gave Inslee a way out, without having to lift a finger.<<

No,Trump just backed him into a corner by making him a offer he KNEW couldn't be accepted. The DNC NEED these riots to keep going.

>>Trump should stay far away from this. The Liberals/MSM are looking for any reason, no matter how small, to blame this on him. <<

And they will eventually step forward and try to place the blame on him,and there he will be with video evidence he made the offer,and it was refused.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If the President did 10% of the things you think he “should” do, his approval rating would be 10% and the House and Senate would have 2/3rds Dem majorities after this fall’s election. Before Troops can be sent in, its essential to attain a modicum of public support for such an action...which clearly does not exist yet. Let these idiots continue to flaunt their stupidity for a bit longer and support will grow for direct action...acting before that, might feel good, but would severely damage the support for the President specifically and for Conservatism more broadly.
Right. The way these things ordinarily go, there will come a time when the surviving residents of the area are practically begging to bee liberated from their 'liberators'.

Wait for it...timing is everything.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
I think Trump should have a press conference and give the country a civics lesson on the duties in State government of Mayors and Governors and the duties in the federal government and the President to control the events in sovereign states. Break it down like Mr. Rogers and put the shame on those idiotic pandering officials.  Tell the people of Seattle to let their voices be heard if they are being ignored and put in danger by the people they elected. If they don’t speak up and demand the federal governments help, that he is more than willing to give, then enjoy the free state of Chaz.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
I think Trump should have a press conference and give the country a civics lesson on the duties in State government of Mayors and Governors and the duties in the federal government and the President to control the events in sovereign states. Break it down like Mr. Rogers and put the shame on those idiotic pandering officials.  Tell the people of Seattle to let their voices be heard if they are being ignored and put in danger by the people they elected. If they don’t speak up and demand the federal governments help, that he is more than willing to give, then enjoy the free state of Chaz. He should also tell them while their state is in insurrection all Fed funds and Fed offices will be closed and Federal elections in their state will not be recognized
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Right. The way these things ordinarily go, there will come a time when the surviving residents of the area are practically begging to bee liberated from their 'liberators'.

Wait for it...timing is everything.

@Smokin Joe

Wait long enough,and you may even force them to face the reality that ultimately THEY are responsible for allowing it to continue,and THAT is when the left begins to fall.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think Trump should have a press conference and give the country a civics lesson on the duties in State government of Mayors and Governors and the duties in the federal government and the President to control the events in sovereign states. Break it down like Mr. Rogers and put the shame on those idiotic pandering officials.  Tell the people of Seattle to let their voices be heard if they are being ignored and put in danger by the people they elected. If they don’t speak up and demand the federal governments help, that he is more than willing to give, then enjoy the free state of Chaz.

@LilLamb

Yup. Elections have consequences. You can elect the candidate that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about how "woke" the special human being you are really is,or you can elect a candidate that performs the duties of his or her office.

Your choice,and you WILL have to live with the consequences of your vote.

Offline libertybele

What good is that going to do at this point?  Trump is becoming irrelevant in all of this because he isn't doing anything.  He is making idle threats. He isn't doing what he said he's going to do. So his words don't mean squat.

Offline libertybele

@LilLamb

Yup. Elections have consequences. You can elect the candidate that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about how "woke" the special human being you are really is,or you can elect a candidate that performs the duties of his or her office.

Yes elections have consequences, but obviously those elected don't always necessarily do what they say.  Electing a new mayor or governor?  Months away from the elections, meanwhile the problem grows and festers and the police force continues to dwindle and the movement to rid them spreads.

Offline Applewood

@LilLamb

Yup. Elections have consequences. You can elect the candidate that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about how "woke" the special human being you are really is, or you can elect a candidate that performs the duties of his or her office.

@sneakypete

Except the one running for re-election this year has been quite casual about performing the duties of his office, and if re-elected, I doubt he will do better in his second term. 

And no, I'm not a closet Biden supporter either.   :tongue2:

Offline libertybele

@sneakypete

Except the one running for re-election this year has been quite casual about performing the duties of his office, and if re-elected, I doubt he will do better in his second term. 

Whatever "Trump" now says on this issue is absolutely futile.  The movement is already underway.  What is he going to do?  Ask the police officers to come back with a "pretty please" and a cherry on top??  He should have calmed the riots long before and certainly when they attacked the WH.  He talked the talk and then walked it back with no action.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
What good is that going to do at this point?  Trump is becoming irrelevant in all of this because he isn't doing anything.  He is making idle threats. He isn't doing what he said he's going to do. So his words don't mean squat.

You sound the protesters who were screaming not 24 hrs after Floyd died that they weren’t getting any justice. Don’t mind that they had to investigate because the officers had rights and they had to charge them with the right thought out charges.

Trump HAS to give them time to Work their own business out. He couldn’t march in the next day. He could voice a warning that’s it!  Now he has to talk behind scenes to all the players, watch, access and make plans
for the most strategic way to go into an area with innocent US civilians and anarchist all bunched together and sort the good, the bad and the ugly out with as little collateral damage as possible.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@Applewood

You might as well be because you are a part of the problem,not the solution.

We are rabidly reaching a point in this "Black Lives Matter"  bullshit,and blood is going to start flowing.

Where will YOU be standing when it reaches your area,with the BLM thugs,or standing along the sidelines wringing your hands while you whimper and beg your new Globalist masters to be nice to you?

If you see ME standing along side the road,you will see me holding my rifle.

As someone famous once said,"THIS far,and no further!" I am DONE kissing ass.

Offline skeeter

@sneakypete

You will get to live in an America being run by Biden or, more accurately, the radical left, should he win though.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
Whatever "Trump" now says on this issue is absolutely futile.  The movement is already underway.  What is he going to do?  Ask the police officers to come back with a "pretty please" and a cherry on top??  He should have calmed the riots long before and certainly when they attacked the WH.  He talked the talk and then walked it back with no action.

If Trump had gone in knocking heads it would be have been futile. We would have lost the next election for sure. The liberals who still have a couple of synapses firing are slowly waking up in the past week because they are seeing that the little Utopia they were dreaming of is going to be run by these useless figureheads and a bunch of anarchist.

If you take the time to check out WalkAway and some of the conservative black YouTube and Instagram accounts you will see there is an awakening happening. I am gaining more and more hope by the day. They are thinking Wait this is not what I wanted. This is totally backfiring. The corporations hopping on and the celeb virtue signaling is becoming too much for even them. The blacks turning on them calling them racist for questioning anything about the agitators and violence. They are eating their own and it’s beautiful for us.

Offline libertybele

You sound the protesters who were screaming not 24 hrs after Floyd died that they weren’t getting any justice. Don’t mind that they had to investigate because the officers had rights and they had to charge them with the right thought out charges.

Trump HAS to give them time to Work their own business out. He couldn’t march in the next day. He could voice a warning that’s it!  Now he has to talk behind scenes to all the players, watch, access and make plans
for the most strategic way to go into an area with innocent US civilians and anarchist all bunched together and sort the good, the bad and the ugly out with as little collateral damage as possible.

Most innocent citizens have the smarts to realize that they shouldn't go into an area that is rioting...or stay home lock their doors with arms ready. 

Trump made a comment that he would bring in the military and now he's made this comment about Seattle. 

If he had no intent of doing anything he should have kept his mouth shut.  If he indeed he is talking to all his "players" ... he still should have kept his mouth shut until he was ready to act.

So far, he's done nothing.  So the rioters, protesters, takeovers will proceed as they darn well please and that's exactly what they're doing with little to no resistance. Meanwhile we have squat teams walking off the force and police making an exodus.