Author Topic: Trump on Seattle: ‘If We Have to Go in, We’re Going to Go in’  (Read 7667 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ian Hanchett 11 Jun 2020

During a portion of an interview with the Fox News Channel released on Thursday, President Trump stated that he wouldn’t allow Seattle to “be occupied” and “If we have to go in, we’re going to go in.” Trump also urged Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) to use the National Guard but stated that “one way or the other, it’s going to get done. These people are not going to occupy a major portion of a great city.”

Trump said, “If there were more toughness, you wouldn’t have the kind of devastation that you had in Minneapolis and in Seattle. I mean, let’s see what’s going on in Seattle. But I will tell you if they don’t straighten that situation out, we’re going to straighten it out.”

He added, “What I mean is very simple, we’re not going to let Seattle be occupied by anarchists. … If we have to go in, we’re going to go in. The governor’s either going to do it, let the governor do it, he’s got great National Guard troops, he’ll — he can do it. But one way or the other, it’s going to get done. These people are not going to occupy a major portion of a great city.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/06/11/trump-on-seattle-if-we-have-to-go-in-were-going-to-go-in/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 04:06:03 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

All talk, no action.  Didn't he say he was going to send in the military a week or so ago if cities couldn't get the anarchy under control?  Maybe if he had, Seattle wouldn't be occupied. 

Offline Mesaclone

All talk, no action.  Didn't he say he was going to send in the military a week or so ago if cities couldn't get the anarchy under control?  Maybe if he had, Seattle wouldn't be occupied.

If the President did 10% of the things you think he “should” do, his approval rating would be 10% and the House and Senate would have 2/3rds Dem majorities after this fall’s election. Before Troops can be sent in, its essential to attain a modicum of public support for such an action...which clearly does not exist yet. Let these idiots continue to flaunt their stupidity for a bit longer and support will grow for direct action...acting before that, might feel good, but would severely damage the support for the President specifically and for Conservatism more broadly.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The time isn't yet ripe.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

Isn't this kind of a win-win.  They now have their own country, therefore they should have to provide for everything for their people.  This means the people of the U.S. don't have to supply them any healthcare, or any benefits whatsoever.  Seems to me the nastiest of the nasty are all in one place.  What a deal....

Offline LottieDah

Let those SOBs fend for themselves.  When they get tired of playing their stupid games they will go away.

Offline Applewood

If the President did 10% of the things you think he “should” do, his approval rating would be 10% and the House and Senate would have 2/3rds Dem majorities after this fall’s election. Before Troops can be sent in, its essential to attain a modicum of public support for such an action...which clearly does not exist yet. Let these idiots continue to flaunt their stupidity for a bit longer and support will grow for direct action...acting before that, might feel good, but would severely damage the support for the President specifically and for Conservatism more broadly.

Excuses.  I was reading a headline today that said despite Trump's promise to sever ties with the WHO, those ties continue.  Trump makes a lot of promises he has no intention of keeping and says many things he doesn't really mean.  Typical Republican politician. 

Offline verga

Excuses.  I was reading a headline today that said despite Trump's promise to sever ties with the WHO, those ties continue.  Trump makes a lot of promises he has no intention of keeping and says many things he doesn't really mean.  Typical Republican politician.
So your answer is to go all Waco on them Ala Clinton/ Janet Reno? He is a different/ better idea. Wait a while let the people in that area get sick and tired of the lack of food, lack of security, increased assaults, etc..... Let the American public see some of them go on the news begging to be "rescued". Then give those that want out 24 hours to leave. Tell them that anyone left inside the perimeter is fair game after that deadline. Invoke the Insurrection act and send in the Military with water cannons. Anyone that does not comply after that is shot on sight.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

So your answer is to go all Waco on them Ala Clinton/ Janet Reno? He is a different/ better idea. Wait a while let the people in that area get sick and tired of the lack of food, lack of security, increased assaults, etc..... Let the American public see some of them go on the news begging to be "rescued". Then give those that want out 24 hours to leave. Tell them that anyone left inside the perimeter is fair game after that deadline. Invoke the Insurrection act and send in the Military with water cannons. Anyone that does not comply after that is shot on sight.

Obviously Trump can't say out loud that the better option is allow these punks to crap their own nest and be a stinking example to the rest of the country, and let the local lunatic rats take the heat. Although he's almost obligated to say so, the feds wading into them plays right in to rats hands.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:10:18 pm by skeeter »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump just gave Inslee a way out, without having to lift a finger.
If you don't do it, I will. This will make Trump the fall guy for the whole thing.
Of course Washington State will now just sit on their hands and wait for Trump to 'fix it' for them.
Why should they bother with it? Inslee said he doesn't even know it is happening?
Very much like a mother telling a child, "If you don't clean up your room, I will!"
What do you think will happen with an ultimatum like that?
Obviously the child will sneak out the window to go play, and will come home to a clean room. win/win

Trump should stay far away from this. The Liberals/MSM are looking for any reason, no matter how small, to blame this on him. So far the Democrats have not been able to pin this on Trump, and it is driving them crazy. Trump should keep it this way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Mesaclone

Its so easy and simplistic to claim inaction is "excuses". The truth is, often the wise policy is to do nothing, particularly when your opponent is self destructing. Let them self destruct for a bit. Your Trump-hate would blind your thinking whether he went in or not, so its hard to take your perspective too seriously...there's no choice the President could make that would satisfy the NT crowd, which is why you are almost universally ignored.

Offline Mesaclone

Trump just gave Inslee a way out, without having to lift a finger.
If you don't do it, I will. This will make Trump the fall guy for the whole thing.
Of course Washington State will now just sit on their hands and wait for Trump to 'fix it' for them.
Why should they bother with it? Inslee said he doesn't even know it is happening?
Very much like a mother telling a child, "If you don't clean up your room, I will!"
What do you think will happen with an ultimatum like that?
Obviously the child will sneak out the window to go play, and will come home to a clean room. win/win

Trump should stay far away from this. The Liberals/MSM are looking for any reason, no matter how small, to blame this on him. So far the Democrats have not been able to pin this on Trump, and it is driving them crazy. Trump should keep it this way.

Inslee will be waiting a long time before Trump handles this for him...let the man sweat it out for a while. At some point, his own constituents will start demanding he do something. This is a "wait out" that Trump will win...Trump urging Inslee to do something or "he will" just adds more pressure on Inslee. Its a tactic on the President's part, and a good one.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

Yes, Trump does say things, and doesn't always act on them, which I am okay with.
I'd be upset of the government overreach if he did act on a lot of it.

But I have to give the President  credit.
During the virus and during the protest, he's differed to the states.
He has made comments, and claims he'd do this or that, but, by-and-large, he's followed the 10 amendment pretty close in these situations.
Isn't that one of the things that all of us want?

Also, although a little callous of me to say this, this is a good political move in this instance.
If Inslee won't send in the National Guard, wait for him, or someone there, to ask the White House for help.

Offline Mesaclone

Yes, Trump does say things, and doesn't always act on them, which I am okay with.
I'd be upset of the government overreach if he did act on a lot of it.

But I have to give the President  credit.
During the virus and during the protest, he's differed to the states.
He has made comments, and claims he'd do this or that, but, by-and-large, he's followed the 10 amendment pretty close in these situations.
Isn't that one of the things that all of us want?

Also, although a little callous of me to say this, this is a good political move in this instance.
If Inslee won't send in the National Guard, wait for him, or someone there, to ask the White House for help.

Well said.

It would be one thing if the entire state were in insurrection...or if the state lacked the means to put this down. Neither of those being the case, the state leadership is currently opting to do nothing. This creates breathing space for the Federal government to wait things out, forcing the Governor to deal with something he has the MEANS to deal with...while standing ready IF the Governor requests Federal support. It seems likely that at some point, even liberal Seattle will have had enough of the this anarchy and economic devastation...when that point is reached...the President will be in a position to quash this WITH a broad base of support behind him.  Call that political if you want to, and it is, but it is also adhering to the will of the people...which, as Groucho stated, is what all of us generally want from a President.

Offline GrouchoTex

Well said.

It would be one thing if the entire state were in insurrection...or if the state lacked the means to put this down. Neither of those being the case, the state leadership is currently opting to do nothing. This creates breathing space for the Federal government to wait things out, forcing the Governor to deal with something he has the MEANS to deal with...while standing ready IF the Governor requests Federal support. It seems likely that at some point, even liberal Seattle will have had enough of the this anarchy and economic devastation...when that point is reached...the President will be in a position to quash this WITH a broad base of support behind him.  Call that political if you want to, and it is, but it is also adhering to the will of the people...which, as Groucho stated, is what all of us generally want from a President.

:beer:

Offline verga

Well said.

:amen: :beer:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nope.  He's wrapping this around the democrat's throats and tying it with a big, bright bow.

Offline libertybele

Well said.

Only problem is, Trump keeps making threats .... idle threats accomplishes nothing and in my opinion after awhile makes what ever he says irrelevant.  Adhering to the "will of the people"?  This country is governed by a set of laws and rules.  We are not governed by mob rule, which is exactly what is being allowed to happen and no one is doing a darn thing about it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Agree

In the meantime, point out the ineptness of these Democratic mayors and governors. Present the question to the public, "if they can't run and govern their states and cities, how can they govern the entire country?"
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Agree

In the meantime, point out the ineptness of these Democratic mayors and governors. Present the question to the public, "if they can't run and govern their states and cities, how can they govern the entire country?"

Pointing out the flaws of the DEMS at this point is futile.  The President needs to grab the bull by the horns and retake control and restore law and order, otherwise, we're just going to continue to see the same crop up in various different cities throughout the country.  Allowing mob rule to govern is not the answer, especially since their objective is to destroy this Republic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Pointing out the flaws of the DEMS at this point is futile.  The President needs to grab the bull by the horns and retake control and restore law and order, otherwise, we're just going to continue to see the same crop up in various different cities throughout the country.  Allowing mob rule to govern is not the answer, especially since their objective is to destroy this Republic.

It's not ripe.  I know, that's cold, but really, it's not time yet.  It sucks to be the people who live in that neighborhood and don't agree, I understand there are a couple hundred residents.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Disagree here. Images of troops cracking skulls in an American city will only hurt Trump in the election. Trump is better off using his bully pulpit and waiting for the inevitable crack up of this movement. Unless lives are in imminent danger. Then the gloves gotta come off.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber wrote:
"The time isn't yet ripe."

Correct.
And Mr. Trump phrased his remarks so as to give local and state authorities time to resolve the problem themselves, before "making a federal case" out of it.

This is nothing less than armed insurrection, and somebody is going to have to take action to resolve it. Particularly so if the extortion of businesses and individuals continues, or if the beatings (and perhaps killings) continue.

Hmmm...
That's one side of the ol' fishrrman, but here's the other side.

Perhaps it's time for the more conservative eastern two thirds of Washington State to declare that IT is establishing it's own nation, and build a wall at the base of the Cascades with its own armed guards. And then (now being an independent nation, a la Texas) petition the Congress for admission to the United States as a new state of its own?

C'mon, ya gotta believe...!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Disagree here. Images of troops cracking skulls in an American city will only hurt Trump in the election. Trump is better off using his bully pulpit and waiting for the inevitable crack up of this movement. Unless lives are in imminent danger. Then the gloves gotta come off.
This is entirely a Washington State problem. Why should Trump get involved in this when Washington State is fine with it? In fact, they seem to be in favor of the takeover and are aiding and abetting the perps.

Inslee and every other politician in Washington will only use Trump's help to pummel him with it. It is not for Trump to resolve an issue which the governor and mayor there do not want to be resolved.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 01:03:29 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.