Author Topic: Treasury Secretary Mnuchin: ‘We Can’t Shut Down the Economy Again’  (Read 328 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 11 Jun 2020

Thursday on CNBC’s “Squawk on the Street,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said that shutting down the economy again to combat a potential second wave of coronavirus is not an option.

Mnuchin said, “We can’t shut down the economy again. I think we’ve learned that if you shut down the economy, you’re going to create more damage. And not just economic damage, but there are other areas, and we’ve talked about this of medical problems and everything else that gets put on hold. I think it was very prudent what the president did, but I think we’ve learned a lot.”

He added, “We have the Fed program, we have Main Street which is going to be now up and running, and we’re prepared to go back to Congress for more money to support the American worker. So we’re going to get everybody back to work. That’s my No. 1 job working with the president, and we’re going to do that.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/06/11/treasury-secretary-mnuchin-we-cant-shut-down-the-economy-again/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

No, we can't shut down the economy again. I was actually understanding of it in the beginning. And if the damn thing starts up again...all I can say is protect yourselves. I hate it for the people that can't stay home...but you know what? The folks I know that have had to work during this seem to be ok...at least today. :laugh:

However...even with businesses reopened, if people don't frequent businesses, I fear we are in for an even bigger melt down. I will sadly be a contributor. I'm not going shopping or eating out.