Author Topic: Romney says he believes GOP will maintain control of Senate, Trump will be reelected  (Read 210 times)

Offline libertybele

Romney says he believes GOP will maintain control of Senate, Trump will be reelected

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, said he is confident the GOP will maintain control of the Senate, and he believes that President Trump will be reelected in November.

“I'm confident that we will keep the majority in the Senate,” Romney told a group of reporters following a Senate GOP luncheon. “And I actually have long predicted the president will be reelected. I continue to think that's the case.”

A most recent Gallup poll had Trump’s approval rating dropping 10 points over last month, to 39 percent. A new CNN survey shows Joe Biden ahead of Trump 55 to 41 percent.

The New York Times, citing “people familiar with their thinking,” reported this week that Romney was not expected to vote for Trump.

The Utah senator and former presidential candidate voted to convict Trump on one of two articles of impeachment in the Senate — abuse of power. The Times reported that Romney was deliberating whether to again write in his wife Ann on the presidential ballot or cast a different vote........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/romney-says-he-believes-gop-will-maintain-control-of-senate-trump-will-be-re-elected
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.