Author Topic: UPS Calls For Justice And Reform To Advance Equality  (Read 654 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

UPS Calls For Justice And Reform To Advance Equality
« on: June 14, 2020, 09:03:26 pm »
"Brown is Now Black"

https://pressroom.ups.com/pressroom/ContentDetailsViewer.page?ConceptType=PressReleases&id=1591644704120-571

The new CEO Carol Tome is off to a blazing start, committing over $4 million to African-American agencies, money that would be better spent on cleaning filthy hubs, and providing masks and gloves to package handlers.

There is also a push within the ranks to make Juneteenth a company holiday.

The comments are predictable, here's one that stood out:

I am so proud of my company for taking a stand on the right side of history. However, I would like to see us evaluate some of our own employees who don't seem to be on the same page as our great company when it comes to equality and justice and compassion.

I pray that those of you who have vitriolic, rude, racist-tinged comments have your eyes opened to the state of your heart. And if you don't, I pray that UPS removes you from this company. We need to get rid of the bad apples and some of you are downright rotten.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: UPS Calls For Justice And Reform To Advance Equality
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 09:26:32 pm »
EGADS...

et tu, UPS...?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 09:48:24 pm »
No problem...

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 09:49:16 pm »
A few daring souls posted divergent comments, but not me...I can see where this is headed. My one comment was to lend support to making Juneteenth a company holiday (in actuality, I am dead set against the notion).

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 09:49:54 pm »
No problem...

Amazon's going to crush them all.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 09:59:22 pm »
Amazon's going to crush them all.

General delivery yes.  But for overnighting letters and small packages P2P, B2P, or P2B?  Not a market that Amazon is in ......YET!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 01:12:14 am »
Shut up, treat all your employees well, and deliver packages.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 03:57:09 am »
Sounds like some brown got on the wrong side of the uniform, there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 01:32:05 pm »
UPS just became my shipper of last resort.

I encourage you all to join me in this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 01:33:15 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 01:38:54 pm »
General delivery yes.  But for overnighting letters and small packages P2P, B2P, or P2B?  Not a market that Amazon is in ......YET!!!!

@catfish1957

It IS a market the Post Office was in long before any of the others even existed.

In fact,they are always my first choice if the seller will ship by USPS.

One reason is I never have to worry about my package being left on the steps in the rain if I am not home when it is delivered. It's put inside my enclosed porch. It has been several years now,and neither Fed Ex or UPS can seem to manage something as complicated as a door knob.

Plus,one day I cut open and reached into a package that had been sitting outside for most of the day,and there was a freaking snake inside it. Not a big one,maybe 10-12 inches long before I mashed him into mush with a 20 ounce ball peen hammer,but a copperhead doesn't have to be big to be deadly.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2020, 01:39:18 pm »
23% of UPS is black.  https://sustainability.ups.com/media/UPS_Who_We_Are.pdf

Why does the CEO believe the company is racist?

The only racism one could come up with is the disproportionately high amount of blacks working there, meaning whites are discriminated against?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 03:10:09 pm »
23% of UPS is black.  https://sustainability.ups.com/media/UPS_Who_We_Are.pdf

Why does the CEO believe the company is racist?

The only racism one could come up with is the disproportionately high amount of blacks working there, meaning whites are discriminated against?
There you go.. Trying to introduce facts into the situation.
You know facts are the last thing these people are interested in. This is just another shakedown.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis