Author Topic: Lindsey Graham Challenger Jaime Harrison Promises 'New South' in Close Senate Race  (Read 236 times)

Offline libertybele

Lindsey Graham Challenger Jaime Harrison Promises 'New South' in Close Senate Race

Jaime Harrison is confident that South Carolina is ready to end the Lindsey Graham era by electing a young, black Democrat to Congress.

"At the end of the day, I do believe we are starting to see the emergence of what I call the 'New South,'" the 44-year-old Senate candidate told Newsweek in a phone interview. "This New South is bold, it's inclusive and it's diverse."

In Harrison's mind, this includes "new visionary leadership" starkly different from previous tenants of the seat—one that was held by segregationist Strom Thurmond for more than four decades and hasn't gone Democrat since the 1950s. In fact, the state hasn't elected a Democrat in any statewide election in 14 years.

But Harrison is buoyed by recent success from Democrats in red states—Andy Beshear in Kentucky and Joe Cunningham in South Carolina—and he won early support from prominent party leaders, including Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. He's since racked up endorsements from other big names such as former Indiana mayor Pete Buttigieg, Fair Fight Action founder Stacey Abrams and Representative James Clyburn.

"Jaime is grounded solidly in the soil of South Carolina," Representative James Clyburn told Newsweek. "He has the kind of life experiences that allow him to really connect with ordinary people in an extraordinary way, and he is guided by those experiences. His service in the United States Senate will make all South Carolinians proud.".......

https://www.newsweek.com/lindsey-graham-challenger-jaime-harrison-promises-new-south-close-senate-race-1509346
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I can't imagine he would be any more liberal than Trumps Congressional candidate Jeff Van Drew.  Probably wouldn't be much of a change from gang of eight Lyndsey. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.