Author Topic: Romney says he wants to be part of change between black voters and GOP  (Read 402 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney says he wants to be part of change between black voters and GOP
By Alexander Bolton - 06/08/20 06:58 PM EDT

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Monday said his party has “an embarrassingly small share of African-American votes” and would like to change that, one day after he marched in a protest in Washington.

Romney said he is working with several Republican colleagues on legislation to “make some changes to the way we do our policing” to crack down on aberrant officers who violate civil rights or use excessive force against people of certain races.

But Romney said he didn’t march for the cause Sunday because of politics but because he felt it was his moral duty after watching what he called the “heinous murder” of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

“I don’t know that I look at this matter from a political lens. My party obviously has an embarrassingly small share of African-American votes. I certainly did in my election and we have since,” he said. “I’d like to see that change.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/501744-romney-says-he-wants-to-be-part-of-change-between-black-voters-and-gop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Romney says he wants to be part of change between black voters and GOP
By Alexander Bolton - 06/08/20 06:58 PM EDT

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Monday said his party has “an embarrassingly small share of African-American votes” and would like to change that, one day after he marched in a protest in Washington.

Romney said he is working with several Republican colleagues on legislation to “make some changes to the way we do our policing” to crack down on aberrant officers who violate civil rights or use excessive force against people of certain races.

But Romney said he didn’t march for the cause Sunday because of politics but because he felt it was his moral duty after watching what he called the “heinous murder” of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

“I don’t know that I look at this matter from a political lens. My party obviously has an embarrassingly small share of African-American votes. I certainly did in my election and we have since,” he said. “I’d like to see that change.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/501744-romney-says-he-wants-to-be-part-of-change-between-black-voters-and-gop

8bs8
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Every day Romney proves how politically stupid he is. 

“I don’t know that I look at this matter from a political lens."

WTF does that even mean?  Never mind his stupidity, how brainless does he think everybody else must be?  Is there anybody, anybody at all, who thinks he meant that?  Really?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

They said "No" to you in 2012, Mitt.

Go away!

Offline libertybele

They said "No" to you in 2012, Mitt.

Go away!

He's now hoping to be Biden's VP and capture the black vote.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

I have no issue with the GOP reaching out to minority voters. In fact, I support it.

But unless it's welfare, reparations, and defunding the police, not going to happen on any large scale
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

Trumps tweet In response was hysterical.

Offline libertybele

I have no issue with the GOP reaching out to minority voters. In fact, I support it.

But unless it's welfare, reparations, and defunding the police, not going to happen on any large scale

The way to reach out to Black voters is to enlighten them that it is the DEM party that has chained them....compare what Trump has done v. what Obama/Biden didn't do.  Put it in their face front and center.

You know that there is going to be a push for reparations by the DEMS....any day now

Offline PeteS in CA

*****rollingeyes***** And what exactly did he do in his 2008 and 2012 Presidential runs "to be part of change between black voters and GOP"? *****rollingeyes***** Here're the two best things he could do:

1. STHU!

2. Get out of the way!

But he'll do neither, because Orange Man BAD!!!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Capitulating RINO  bastard. GTH Mittens.

Utah....  you can do better than this. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

Utah....  you can do better than this.

No they can't.