Author Topic: 'Outlandish,' 'nonsense': McConnell blasts calls for defunding police  (Read 195 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Outlandish,' 'nonsense': McConnell blasts calls for defunding police
by Susan Ferrechio
 | June 08, 2020 04:03 PM

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said calls to defund police departments will be rejected by most of the public.

“I am all for social work and mental health,” McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, said Monday on the Senate floor. “But call me old-fashioned. I think you may actually want a police officer to stop a criminal.”

He called the Minneapolis City Council’s plan to defund its police department “outlandish” and “nonsense.”

McConnell said police should not be “lumped in with the very worst examples of heinous behavior.”

Critics of the police are calling for defunding in several major cities, including Washington and New York City.

Nine out of 13 members of the Minneapolis City Council announced Sunday they would defund the police and replace it with an alternative public safety plan.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/mcconnell-criticizes-police-defunding-proposals-as-nonsense
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34