Author Topic: Pelosi, Schumer kneel in silence for almost 9 minutes to honor George Floyd  (Read 2084 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi, Schumer kneel in silence for almost 9 minutes to honor George Floyd
By Cristina Marcos - 06/08/20 11:05 AM EDT

Senior Democratic lawmakers, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.), knelt during a moment of silence shortly before unveiling a legislative package of police reforms on Monday.

About two dozen lawmakers knelt for eight minutes and 46 seconds as a tribute to George Floyd, the unarmed African American man who died after a now-former Minneapolis police officer pinned his knee on Floyd's neck during an arrest for that length of time.

Lawmakers, wearing African Kente cloth scarves, knelt in the Capitol Visitor Center before holding a press conference to unveil their legislation in response to almost two weeks of nationwide protests over police brutality toward African Americans.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/501633-pelosi-schumer-kneel-in-silence-for-almost-9-minutes-to-honor-george-floyd
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Whatever floats your boat....

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This is kind of like Stalin taking a knee for the millions who died in the Ukranian famine. 

Offline skeeter

The next time I get razzed for 'nodding off' I'll try pulling the old 'it was a moment of silence for George' ploy & see if it works for me, as well.

These posers make me wanna toss biscuits.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 04:32:03 pm by skeeter »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Pandering at its best.....

Too bad truth serum couldn't be administered to the pukes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

I think the Pelosi and Schumer should remain kneeling until the riots are over.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

So floyd broke into a pregnant woman's home, burglarized her, and god knows what else, and floyd is a hero to Pelosi/schumer?
Kinda kill the whole women have rights thing....

Offline LottieDah

9 minutes of them not flapping their gums.  Maybe they should observe moments of silence continuously.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
9 minutes of them not flapping their gums.  Maybe they should observe moments of silence continuously.

Any of those moments  for the STL retired police captain who was executed by BLM/Antifa rioting thugs?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online Hoodat

I think the Pelosi and Schumer should remain kneeling until the riots are over.

I think they should be apologizing for these consequences of Democrat Party policies for the remainder of their lives.  Democrats own 100% of this.  From Democrat unions covering for abusive cops, to Democrat prosecutors refusing to prosecute bad cops, to Democrat Mayors refusing to fire bad cops.  And for a Democrat Party entrenched in Racism for the last 180 years, always drawing lines of division based on skin color, and responsible for the breakup of the black family by subsidizing fatherlessness, the devaluation of human life through abortion, and the creation of the new plantation where blacks become addicted to government handouts that entrench them in cyclic poverty generation after generation.

And this same Democrat Party is responsible for the rioting across the nation by destroying the economy with their unlawful lockdown orders, implanting the seeds of restlessness through long term idleness, locking church doors, and then mandating that people wear face shields to mask their identities while looting stores.  And during all of this, Democrat leaders stood off at a distance while private property was stolen and destroyed as a matter of 'justice'. 

And to top it all off, Democrats now demand that we take lawlessness a step further by eliminating those who enforce the law.

Democrats are the greatest evil ever perpetrated upon a free American society.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Any of those moments  for the STL retired police captain who was executed by BLM/Antifa rioting thugs?

0.27 seconds of it was devoted to David Dorn and the 0.27 seconds it took for the bullet to shatter through his skull and rip through his cerebral cortex.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

The real slogan should be OLM .... One Life Matters

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

85 shot, 24 fatally, over one of Chicago's most violent weekends in 60 years

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/6/1/21275944/chicago-weekend-shootings-most-violent-weekend-2020-may-29-june-1

10:15 AM · Jun 8, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1269996405843689472

PIERS MORGAN: If you really want to show America you care about race and national unity, President Trump, then take the knee live on TV in the Oval Office

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8399121/PIERS-MORGAN-President-Trump-knee-live-TV-Oval-Office.html

Or... the President can invite them to stand. :shrug:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Or... the President can invite them to stand. :shrug:

Brits who butt into American issues?  Like we really give a s__ what you think. 

Offline EdinVA

The real slogan should be OLM .... One Life Matters

Hmmm, not one law enforcement officer shooting out of 85.... so tell me again how the police are the problem..

Brits who butt into American issues?  Like we really give a s__ what you think.

There will be an international drumbeat for the President to kneel .... while wearing a face mask.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 05:20:43 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
There will be an international drum beat for the President to kneel .... while wearing a face mask.

POTUS will never do that.  Thank God.  Remember Reagan's silent majority?  Not since the maliase of Jimmy Carter, have they been this energized.  I think the left is underestmating that. 

80 year old knees for nine minutes on a marble floor and not one photo of them getting up?   

Offline Lando Lincoln

80 year old knees for nine minutes on a marble floor and not one photo of them getting up?

Hope the Depends firewall held up okay.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Hope the Depends firewall held up okay.

Noticed Nadler didn't kneel.  Of course I don't think Jabba the Hut had knees.

Offline dfwgator

Well then, maybe they can try to explain why it happened in a city and state that is run by Democrats?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Jerry Nadler becomes instant meme, as Dem theatrics get ripped to smithereens
June 8, 2020 | Frieda Powers

As Democrats continue to be torched over their blatant pandering in kneeling in the U.S. Capitol, one participant in the stunt is getting extra attention for all the wrong reasons.

Though U.S. Rep. Jerrold Nadler was part of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s nearly nine-minute moment of silence in Emancipation Hall on Monday, the New York Democrat apparently had some difficulty literally taking a knee for George Floyd who died in Minneapolis last week.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/08/jerry-nadler-becomes-instant-meme-as-dem-theatrics-get-ripped-to-smithereens-931984

You must read some of the comments and look at the videos..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

You beat me to that post, lol. I have been looking for a picture of "The Rising". Knowing how my own 60+ year old body would react to kneeling for that long. We also need the audio. happy77

Offline EdinVA

Jerry Nadler becomes instant meme, as Dem theatrics get ripped to smithereens
June 8, 2020 | Frieda Powers

As Democrats continue to be torched over their blatant pandering in kneeling in the U.S. Capitol, one participant in the stunt is getting extra attention for all the wrong reasons.

Though U.S. Rep. Jerrold Nadler was part of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s nearly nine-minute moment of silence in Emancipation Hall on Monday, the New York Democrat apparently had some difficulty literally taking a knee for George Floyd who died in Minneapolis last week.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/08/jerry-nadler-becomes-instant-meme-as-dem-theatrics-get-ripped-to-smithereens-931984

You must read some of the comments and look at the videos..lol
I did not realize nadler was not kneeling... lol