Author Topic: Democrats seek to tap into fury over George Floyd  (Read 470 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats seek to tap into fury over George Floyd
« on: June 07, 2020, 10:42:51 pm »
Democrats seek to tap into fury over George Floyd
By Mike Lillis and Scott Wong - 06/07/20 06:12 PM EDT

House Democrats intend to go big in their coming legislation to tackle systemic racism and patterns of violence against African Americans — a package responding to the killing of an unarmed black man by Minneapolis police exactly two weeks ago.

The legislation, while centered around criminal justice reform, will seek to address racial disparities well outside the realm of law enforcement, delving into issues as varied as health care, education and environmental justice.

The strategy advances the notion that the plague of police violence against African Americans — as exposed in graphic fashion with the death of George Floyd last month — is a symptom of problems much more ingrained and ubiquitous than police reform can fix by itself.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/501419-democrats-seek-broad-reforms-for-george-floyd
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Democrats seek to tap into fury over George Floyd
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 11:40:18 pm »
Let's see what happens as the Rats overplay their hand, yet again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 11:53:18 pm »
Let's see it happened in a Dem-run city in a Dem-run State.

But it's Trump's fault.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 11:58:10 pm »
Let's see it happened in a Dem-run city in a Dem-run State.

But it's Trump's fault.

How long do you think the public at large is going to take that shit?  I think the Rats are in for a Hella surprise.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 01:56:39 am »
How long do you think the public at large is going to take that shit?  I think the Rats are in for a Hella surprise.

I see two things that can backfire on the Dems

1. COVID19 - If there is no spike in cases after the protest (not a huge one), I think a lot of people are going to question the logic of the lockdowns.
2. George Floyd.  I feel sorry for what happened to this guy. It was horrible and I hope the cops go to jail. However, the riots and protests could harm the dems.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 02:12:44 am »

I see two things that can backfire on the Dems

1. COVID19 - If there is no spike in cases after the protest (not a huge one), I think a lot of people are going to question the logic of the lockdowns.
2. George Floyd.  I feel sorry for what happened to this guy. It was horrible and I hope the cops go to jail. However, the riots and protests could harm the dems.

As far as I'm concerned, this lockdown is over...No more stupid masks.  It's time to go back to work and open the country back up.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 02:21:36 am »
As far as I'm concerned, this lockdown is over...No more stupid masks.  It's time to go back to work and open the country back up.

I agree.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 02:34:35 am »

Florida (for the most part) just opened up bars, theaters and gyms at 50% capacity, parks are now fully open, water parks at 50% ...but our numbers are rising by over 1,000 new cases a day.  Cases are steadily rising in my county as well.  I'm at high risk -- I opt to still wear a mask when I go out and the majority of people are doing so as well. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.