Author Topic: What Am I Thinking | General CQ Brown  (Read 1267 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: What Am I Thinking | General CQ Brown
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2020, 12:54:02 pm »
I’m thinking about numbers.

I’m thinking if you are black and you look around you and you see you are the only black person, or only one of a handful of black persons, in your school or workplace or career field, and you wonder why that is? If you conclude it’s only because of racism, then you don’t know numbers: Seventy two percent of Americans are white, twelve point seven percent of Americans are black. If that bothers you then move yourself to a majority black country and take that chip on your shoulder with you.

I am also thinking about ability.

I’m thinking if you are black and you look around you, and you see you are only one of the mostly black persons in your career field, then you’re a person in the NBA. Enjoy your great success and substantial income. You are one of the very few persons in America to achieve that level because of your abilities...and take that misplaced chip off your shoulder.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2020, 03:01:03 pm »
Yes, there is systemic racism in this country. Not just where you might think.
But in the ranks of blacks who have not excelled, who are the crabs farther down in the basket trying to pull those climbing out back in. They are the ones who accuse high achieving blacks of 'acting white' because they have pursued excellence. That flip in attitude came largely in the '60s, when earlier, as I recall, the black people I knew in Southern Maryland sought to rise up economically through hard work, an education, and by being the best at what they did.
Now what changed in the mid-60s that turned that social acceptance of achievement and pursuit of excellence on its head?
If you recall, that was the time that just being black for some became a valuable commodity, a ticket in the gate based on skin color, not achievement. Those who earned their slot in the scheme of things through hard work were accompanied by others who hadn't, to the exclusion of whites who had.
Oh.
What a way to start a long series of resentments, both by those who hadn't earned their spot in the grand scheme of things (who were getting 'showed up'), by those who had (who were assumed to be there by virtue of melanin, not achievement--what this man had to fight), to those who had been bumped because they may have worked hard, but didn't have the right level of suntan.
As the family structure broke down in the black community, boosted by welfare and the ever-present Left, the need and incentive to be excellent went away for a lot of people who otherwise might have worked hard. The family reinforcement competed with being a sucker and busting butt when it wouldn't be noticed by many, because of the new prejudices that came with affirmative action.
It might have gotten people to vote Democrat for the next 50 years, but the damage was incalculable, as hosts of freshly minted white, liberal, social workers wreaked the evils that accompany condescension on generations of blacks and poor whites who were not too proud to take the government check.

So, by the time this man had earned his rank, he had had to deal with blacks who resented him for achieving and whites who deeply suspected he was there as an EqOp (why he had to get it perfect without fail, a higher standard than most).

What he did not know, is that it is lonely at the top, a situation perhaps exacerbated because he is black.

Those who aren't as good or as willing to work as you are, or who simply lack the raw talent will ever be envious (regardless of skin color), and others will suspect you have somehow been handed your spot on a silver platter, especially if there are those who simply can't achieve what you have.

I pray he is someday comfortable in his achievements, but he will ever be surrounded by those jealous people who regard them with envy, not because he is black (although that may be cited), but because he has excelled.

Here is what I think:

He and his sister were African American that went to a predominately white school.  He received a good education.  He should be happy he didn't go to underfunded bad public schools in the inner cities and get hooked on drugs, join a gang, live on welfare, drop out.  I think it is likely that his parents were educated and lived in good neighborhood and school.

The video was what am I thinking.  Obama told us all about that struggle too with his white grandmother.  All the white people in school etc. etc. nauseum.

This message he sent is not the message American needs now to quell the protesting.  All he is saying is get mad.  Get mad if you lived with white people.  Get mad if anything offensive was ever said to you, or you thought it was.  Get mad because there is supposed racism and proportionately more African Americans are targeted by police.  Shot by police and arrested.   Truth is that whites suffer police violence too.  It is more about your life than it is about race.  May be true that proportionately African Americans are arrested.  Probably in neighborhoods riddled with crime where gangs, drugs and violence are prevalent.  Unlikely this man had to live through that.

If he wants to think about something think about welfare and the failed schools other African Americans have had to deal with.  That has killed more African Americans than the police.  Think about what Democrats have done to the African American race.  Offer some kind of hope instead of anger about your own pretend oppression.

The message right now needs to be positive. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:06:46 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2020, 03:46:06 pm »
Here is what I think:

He and his sister were African American that went to a predominately white school.  He received a good education.  He should be happy he didn't go to underfunded bad public schools in the inner cities and get hooked on drugs, join a gang, live on welfare, drop out.  I think it is likely that his parents were educated and lived in good neighborhood and school.

The video was what am I thinking.  Obama told us all about that struggle too with his white grandmother.  All the white people in school etc. etc. nauseum.

This message he sent is not the message American needs now to quell the protesting.  All he is saying is get mad.  Get mad if you lived with white people.  Get mad if anything offensive was ever said to you, or you thought it was.  Get mad because there is supposed racism and proportionately more African Americans are targeted by police.  Shot by police and arrested.   Truth is that whites suffer police violence too.  It is more about your life than it is about race.  May be true that proportionately African Americans are arrested.  Probably in neighborhoods riddled with crime where gangs, drugs and violence are prevalent.  Unlikely this man had to live through that.

If he wants to think about something think about welfare and the failed schools other African Americans have had to deal with.  That has killed more African Americans than the police.  Think about what Democrats have done to the African American race.  Offer some kind of hope instead of anger about your own pretend oppression.

The message right now needs to be positive.

@Chosen Daughter

I can absolutely guarantee you that there were white Generals MUCH more qualified than him that were passed over each time he got a new star,and that he is where he is today PURELY because he is black.

HE knows this,too. That's why he has that log on his shoulder.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!