Author Topic: Trump is playing with fire rather than leading  (Read 411 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump is playing with fire rather than leading
« on: June 06, 2020, 09:15:05 pm »
Trump is playing with fire rather than leading
By James Pardew, opinion contributor — 06/06/20 02:30 PM EDT
The views expressed by contributors are their own and not the view of The Hill

As political theater goes, President Trump’s stunt to clear peaceful demonstrators away from in front of the White House with overwhelming force to enable a photo-op was a disaster of incompetence and thoughtless public relations. Unfortunately, it also is an example of how this weak president plays with the fire of racism rather than provide leadership in a time of trouble.

The image of Trump holding up a Bible in front of a church to polish his image as a champion of Christianity plays his religious admirers for fools. As he posed by the church, he spoke not a word about faith, prayer or forgiveness. This is the same Trump who demanded that churches re-open in a pandemic, then went to the golf course on Sunday rather than attend church himself.

Trump and his handlers failed to consult the Episcopal Diocese of Washington before staging his act in front of historic St. John’s Episcopal Church across Lafayette Park from the White house. Right Rev. Mariann Budde, the Episcopal Bishop of Washington, was outraged at Trump’s use of the church for purely partisan political theater.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/501480-trump-is-playing-with-fire-rather-than-leading
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump is playing with fire rather than leading
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 09:28:55 pm »
CD is apparently too young, or too stupid, or both....to realize Reagan was elected CA Governor in 1966, and Nixon elected President in 1968 and in 1972 during riots, civil disorder.

The Law & Order both brought to office, worked, was conservativet then and now.

To say the opposite, was not conservative then and now.

Trump hate is stupid. Opposing order is stupid, and not conservative.

Is Trump hate also Chinese trolling, Antifa trolling, democrat trolling or disruption?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 06:17:24 am »
CD is apparently too young, or too stupid, or both....to realize Reagan was elected CA Governor in 1966, and Nixon elected President in 1968 and in 1972 during riots, civil disorder.
The Law & Order both brought to office, worked, was conservativet then and now.
To say the opposite, was not conservative then and now.
Trump hate is stupid. Opposing order is stupid, and not conservative.
Is Trump hate also Chinese trolling, Antifa trolling, democrat trolling or disruption?
-----------------------------
Given your posts, suggest you abstain from calling anyone else stupid!!!!!!!!!!
If you had the foggiest notion of what you're blathering on about, you would grasp
that principled conservatism has absolutely nothing to do w/politics, economics or religion.
From Plato to Burke and Kirk, it's simply precepts of behavior and sentiment, derived from the
Natural Law allowing Mankind and Society to survive and thrive.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 02:55:23 pm »
FUD FUD FUD FUD!

FUD FUD FUD FUD!

FUD FUD FUD FUD!

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 03:44:04 pm »
-----------------------------
Given your posts, suggest you abstain from calling anyone else stupid!!!!!!!!!!
If you had the foggiest notion of what you're blathering on about, you would grasp
that principled conservatism has absolutely nothing to do w/politics, ...

@Absalom

I had to stop right there because that was where your train once again ran off the tracks.

Granted,you are the site authority on stupidity,but that was a step too far,even for you.

I would try to explain it to you,but I am old and sick,and probably have less than a decade to live,and there are better things to do with my remaining time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mod2

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 04:15:59 pm »
 :im waiting:

TBR members are not the topic of this thread.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 04:16:10 pm »
Trump is "playing with fire" for invoking religion during a time of strife, but DC Mayor renames 16th Street "Black Lives Matter" and what is she playing with?

Looking at the media right now I am convinced that when the first national anthem is played at the at the first football game, every player, every coach and every fan will take a knee.  Maybe we will even stop standing at the national anthem and take a knee instead.  The times they are absurd.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 04:39:18 pm »
Trump is "playing with fire" for invoking religion during a time of strife, but DC Mayor renames 16th Street "Black Lives Matter" and what is she playing with?

Looking at the media right now I am convinced that when the first national anthem is played at the at the first football game, every player, every coach and every fan will take a knee.  Maybe we will even stop standing at the national anthem and take a knee instead.  The times they are absurd.

I could us a lot of descriptors, Victor, but I am so exhausted.  We've given voice to the destructors over the preservers. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 05:00:12 pm »
I could us a lot of descriptors, Victor, but I am so exhausted.  We've given voice to the destructors over the preservers.

@Lando Lincoln

Well,it is important to be polite.

You don't want the globalist traitors who are our enemies to think we are rude,do you?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!