Author Topic: Analysis: White House, Pentagon tensions near breaking point  (Read 431 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Analysis: White House, Pentagon tensions near breaking point

By ROBERT BURNS, AP National Security Writer 56 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Tensions between the White House and Pentagon have stretched to near a breaking poin t over President Donald Trump's threat to use military force against street protests triggered by George Floyd's death.

Friction in this relationship, historically, is not unusual. But in recent days, and for the second time in Trump's term, it has raised a prospect of high-level resignations and the risk of lasting damage to the military's reputation.

Calm may return, both in the crisis over Floyd's death and in Pentagon leaders' angst over Trump's threats to use federal troops to put down protesters. But it could leave a residue of resentment and unease about this president's approach to the military, whose leaders welcome his push for bigger budgets but chafe at being seen as political tools.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/analysis-white-house-pentagon-tensions-near-breaking-point/ar-BB158qcH?ocid=spartanntp
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Analysis: White House, Pentagon tensions near breaking point
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 12:30:54 am »
The military is way out of line.  They serve at the command of the president.

And the use of US military is not such a rare event.  Heck, George Patton led a group of Army soldiers to break up veterans that camped in Washington who did not receive benefits promised to them.  And his men were quite violent about it all.

I think the Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff should get the boot.  He is out of order with his mindset.  Most likely another Obama star.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 02:15:46 am by jafo2010 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 12:41:00 am »

And the use of US military is not such a rare event.  Heck, George Patton led a group of Army soldiers to break up veterans that camped in Washington who did not receive benefits promised to them.  And his men were quite violent about it all.

I think the Chief of Staff should get the boot.  He is out of order with his mindset.  Most likely another Obama star.

Isn't the current Chief of Staff Mark Meadows?  He hasn't been in that position for very long at all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 12:50:00 am »

I think the Chief of Staff should get the boot.  He is out of order with his mindset.  Most likely another Obama star.
Bush the Elder used the military in LA In 92.

I hope this is typical media hyperventilating. If true it is a very bad thing for the nation, and the fault lies within the Pentagon.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 02:16:32 am »
Did not mean Meadows.  I meant Chr of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.