Author Topic: Senate Republicans urge Trump to tone down rhetoric on protests  (Read 1076 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Senate Republicans urge Trump to tone down rhetoric on protests
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2020, 10:57:29 pm »
This is what day 10 of rioting and civil unrest?  We have a past Black president that has told "them" to make us afraid....well...I'm still waiting for the U.S. military to come in ... maybe a tank or two ... just sayin'.

I don't want to diminish the severity of what happened to Flyod, but the growing violent protests must be dealt with, otherwise this Republic will collapse.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2020, 11:04:02 pm »
This is what day 10 of rioting and civil unrest?  We have a past Black president that has told "them" to make us afraid....well...I'm still waiting for the U.S. military to come in ... maybe a tank or two ... just sayin'.

I don't want to diminish the severity of what happened to Flyod, but the growing violent protests must be dealt with, otherwise this Republic will collapse.
You are correct, but this has no longer has anything to do with Floyd.
Trump may be giving the states a little room to prove they can get this under control before he forces the issue.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2020, 11:08:21 pm »
You are correct, but this has no longer has anything to do with Floyd.
Trump may be giving the states a little room to prove they can get this under control before he forces the issue.

Definitely no longer about Floyd.  IF (and I'm becoming doubtful) Trump plans on doing something, he should do it NOW.  The longer he waits the harder it is going to be to contain and the more resistance he is going to be met with from within the GOP -- you can bet the DEMS are looking into stopping him and will probably push to impeach and remove --- the dissension in the party is ripe for his removal. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2020, 11:47:41 pm »
Definitely no longer about Floyd.  IF (and I'm becoming doubtful) Trump plans on doing something, he should do it NOW.  The longer he waits the harder it is going to be to contain and the more resistance he is going to be met with from within the GOP -- you can bet the DEMS are looking into stopping him and will probably push to impeach and remove --- the dissension in the party is ripe for his removal.

Sometimes you have to give the know it alls enough rope to hang themselves before they will listen.
Anything bad happens it won't be on Trump

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2020, 01:48:15 am »
@Once-Ler

Let's see,here. He managed to get elected as President of the United States by doing the opposite of what you wanted,and the candidate you DID support lost to him.

Agreed.  It will take another election to correct.