Author Topic: Minneapolis Mayor Asks Trump For Aid After Riots Cause At Least $55 Million In Damage  (Read 592 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Minneapolis Mayor Asks Trump For Aid After Riots Cause At Least $55 Million In Damage
By  Tim Pearce
•
Jun 5th, 2020   DailyWire.com

The Minneapolis mayor is asking for federal help cleaning up and rebuilding his city after rioters caused at least $55 million worth of damage through looting, burning, and defacing public and private property.

That cost estimate is likely to increase in the coming days as government officials continue to tally the damage done in the wake of George Floyd’s death, Mayor Jacob Frey said according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and the state’s congressional delegation are also pushing the Trump administration and Congress for funding.

On Tuesday, city officials released an initial estimate of $55 million in damage done to at least 220 buildings. The mayor said that the number was likely a lowball estimate and that the total cost of the riots across Minneapolis and the state capital of St. Paul is likely to be “tens, if not hundreds of millions” of dollars.

“We will do everything we can as we shift to recovery mode,” Frey said, according to the Star Tribune. “We’re recovering from crises sandwiched on top of each other, from COVID-19 to the police killing and then the looting which took place afterward.”

City and state officials are attempting to get financial support from Congress or through the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Neither option looks promising, Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN) said.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/minneapolis-mayor-asks-trump-for-aid-after-riots-cause-at-least-55-million-in-damage
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 06:32:42 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Why should any taxpayer outside of Minneapolis pay for the failure of Minneapolis to stop the rioting and looting?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online roamer_1

I would not give them a single thin dime.
They made their bed, let em lie in it.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

comon

Suicide is painless.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Absalom

Why should any taxpayer outside of Minneapolis pay for the failure of Minneapolis to stop the rioting and looting?
----------------------------
Wise, as bad behavior changes only when we cannot bear the penalty
and/or we come to terms w/our actions resolving to change.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Agreed...besides the idiot Mayor thought it was okay to let them burn their city down so it would make the rioters feel better...remember..buildings are just things and can be replaced..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That cost estimate is likely to increase

FFS

Just add it to the defense budget or the farm bill.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
An alternate take on this:

Minnesota  didn't invite him, he was a career criminal from Houston Texas.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
An alternate take on this:

Minnesota  didn't invite him, he was a career criminal from Houston Texas.

Please post all immigration issues on the riot thread.

@Cyber Liberty

Online roamer_1

Agreed...besides the idiot Mayor thought it was okay to let them burn their city down so it would make the rioters feel better...remember..buildings are just things and can be replaced..

Right. So let em replace them... Out of pocket. Maybe then they'll better appreciate what they have.

You broke it, you bought it.

Offline cato potatoe

The property owners and insurance companies should seek reimbursement from the local democrats.  Actually, this is just the cost of doing business in a looter's paradise.