Author Topic: National Guard pilot grounded amid probe into helicopter flying over DC protesters  (Read 246 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
National Guard pilot grounded amid probe into helicopter flying over DC protesters
By Kaelan Deese - 06/06/20 12:34 PM EDT

The Department of Defense said Friday it had grounded one of the National Guard helicopter pilots who performed low-flying maneuvers to disperse crowds of protesters in Washington, D.C., on Monday evening, according to multiple reports.

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy told reporters that the helicopter crew was grounded pending results from an internal investigation, according to local CBS affiliate WUSA9. A Pentagon spokesman told the outlet that the move was standard procedure during such investigations.

The aircraft was one of two Army National Guard helicopters that hovered between 100-300 feet above the streets of the District on Monday night, according to an aircraft tracker. Flurries of gusts from their helicopter blades were aimed at dispersing crowds of protesters.

Maj. Gen. William J. Walker, the commanding general of the D.C. National Guard, said in a statement on Wednesday he had "directed an immediate investigation into the June 1 incident."

"I hold all members of the District of Columbia National Guard to the highest of standards," Walker said. "We live and work in the District, and we are dedicated to the service of our nation."

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/501469-national-guard-pilot-grounded-amid-probe-into-helicopter-flying-over-dc
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
That's right suspend the pilot and crew...they just didn't appear there on their own, someone gave an order..this pisses me off!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mystery, I was about to post the same thing as I read the article.

These guys didn't fly low that way on their own.
They were given instructions to do so.
Who issued those orders?
(probably the same higher-ups who have now grounded them!)