Author Topic: Park Police walk back tear gas denial in aggressive Lafayette Park clearing  (Read 299 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Park Police walk back tear gas denial in aggressive Lafayette Park clearing
By Morgan Phillips | Fox News

A U.S. Park Police spokesperson said Friday it was a “mistake” to insist in a statement Tuesday that no tear gas was used to clear Lafayette Park on Monday before President Trump walked across to visit St. John’s Church.

However, the spokesperson insisted that  Park Police did not lie, explicitly noting that pepper balls were shot. Pepper balls can cause irritation to the eyes and cause tears.

“I’m not going to say that pepper balls don’t irritate you,” Sgt. Eduardo Delgado told Vox. “I’m not saying it’s not a tear gas, but I’m just saying we use a pepper ball that shoots a powder.”

“The point is we admitted to using what we used,” Delgado said. “I think the term ‘tear gas’ doesn’t even matter anymore. It was a mistake on our part for using ‘tear gas’ because we just assumed people would think CS or CN,” two common forms of tear gas.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/park-police-walk-back-tear-gas-denial-in-lafayette-park-clearing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Park Police have always said they used pepper ball powder .... they're walking back nothing.

Offline EdinVA

They were warned 3 times to move back....

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
There are different degrees, of smoke, gas, etc.

GThe strongest you ould not like, at all. Really not like, at all.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

They were warned 3 times to move back....

Police always set parameters for protests, especially in DC near government buildings and the White House.

If a group ignores and challenges a directive from law enforcement to move, they are now "confronting" and have moved from "peaceful" to hostile. 

The group has only themselves to blame.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 05:32:19 pm by Right_in_Virginia »