Author Topic: 'Defund the police' a new land mine for Biden as Democrats warm to the idea  (Read 1303 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What's actually dumb about this is that where the city will not enforce the law, the county is obliged...
Where the city law remains basically unenforced, and thereby basically stricken, County law still applies and will be enforced, with the county backcharging the city... SO the cost of enforcement will go up, and the city just wrote off their ability to make law.

*****rollingeyes***** **nononono*
@roamer_1

None of that matters. What matters is the Dims are desperate,and they need riots and anarchy to keep Biden off the campaign trail and off tv interviews. They are desperate,and if winning means some cities have to burn and some people have to die,so be it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The Dems are smack dab in the honey pit.  Nothing they do gets them out of it or the stink off.  When November rolls around, Americans will turn their backs on the Dems.  I fully expect a huge landslide for Republicans.  If I did not know better, I would think it was almost planned that way, with the full cooperation of the Dems.

Just when you think it could not get any dumber than GREEN NEW DEAL, along comes DEFUND THE POLICE.

By all means, let these Dem cities defund police.  There is no cure for dumb.  We have a major outbreak of it in America.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Land Mine?  In Biden's basement bunker that question will never be answered. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline conservativevoter

I can't wait to see NYC do away with its Police department.  How many hours would that dive last without some protection?  Or without any protection for the innocent?  (This, of course, would NOT include deBlasio.)   :police:  :patriot:

Please look for me in my office.  I will be taking cash bets. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I can't wait to see NYC do away with its Police department.  How many hours would that dive last without some protection?  Or without any protection for the innocent?  (This, of course, would NOT include deBlasio.)   :police:  :patriot:

Please look for me in my office.  I will be taking cash bets.

I can't wait to see what happens to NYC's $40B tourism industry after this happens.  After that cash cow dries up, a dive would be an upgrade.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
  The Left always, always, always overreaches.
  The average American would be open to better civilian supervision and accountability of police.
  They want good cops to stop protecting bad cops.
  They want fired, abusive cops not to be able to get hired elsewhere.

Whether "defund the police" means abolishing law enforcement in its entirety or whatever, it is a veritable goldmine for the GOP.

If I was advising Biden, I would have every black political ally I could muster in front of a camera craftily steering the conversation away from that nonsense. Craftily, because as always, the loudest, most discordant victimhood-embracing voices don't want to hear the truth. Make better choices with education, procreation, occupation, and legalization and you will limit the likelihood of negative involvement with law enforcement and build a damn good life for yourself. Stop giving into every carnal, expedient impulse.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
  The Left always, always, always overreaches.
  The average American would be open to better civilian supervision and accountability of police.
  They want good cops to stop protecting bad cops.
  They want fired, abusive cops not to be able to get hired elsewhere.

Whether "defund the police" means abolishing law enforcement in its entirety or whatever, it is a veritable goldmine for the GOP.

If I was advising Biden, I would have every black political ally I could muster in front of a camera craftily steering the conversation away from that nonsense. Craftily, because as always, the loudest, most discordant victimhood-embracing voices don't want to hear the truth. Make better choices with education, procreation, occupation, and legalization and you will limit the likelihood of negative involvement with law enforcement and build a damn good life for yourself. Stop giving into every carnal, expedient impulse.

goopo

Excellent ground-level perspective!  I think, bottom line, the Rats could not have come up with a worse idea.  Maybe they think people are ready to cashier all the cops because of some of the COVID crap, but people don't blame the Police for their bonehead Governors. 

Their extreme leftists have seized the reins of the Party, and it's scaring the Hell out of the normals.  This is beyond over-reach!

(Good to see you again, @FeelNoPain!)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
As of one hour ago, Biden is not in favor of defunding, closing police.

Musta bee some of his staff, that shook him awake and said, tose AOC types got a hoorible plank for your campaign.

Gotta reject this one,  pronto.

Hiden Biden say, do what ever makes sense. I always supported LEO and will do so this time, too.

Whatta we going to say, to keep everybody happy?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln