Author Topic: Republicans fear Trump may cost them Senate  (Read 622 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans fear Trump may cost them Senate
« on: June 06, 2020, 01:45:50 pm »
Republicans fear Trump may cost them Senate
By Alexander Bolton - 06/06/20 06:00 AM EDT

Senate Republicans are feeling high anxiety over President Trump’s aggressive response to nationwide civil unrest, which they fear is alienating middle-of-the-road voters who are crucial to keeping their majority after Nov. 3.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) declared at the beginning of the election cycle that winning over college graduates and women in the suburbs would be key to retaining the Senate majority in 2020.

With the election five months away, Senate Republicans worry that Trump is blowing up that strategy with his laser-like focus on his base instead of swing voters.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/501417-republicans-fear-trump-may-cost-them-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Republicans fear Trump may cost them Senate
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 01:51:50 pm »
With the advent of past week's events, I actually think the chance of retaining the senate has improved.

The Van Driving Soccer Mom demographic has easiy now been swayed with the day after day visual of the carnage of rioting and looting.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 02:02:31 pm »
Republicans fear...

Should have stopped right there IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 04:14:03 pm »
With the advent of past week's events, I actually think the chance of retaining the senate has improved.

The Van Driving Soccer Mom demographic has easiy now been swayed with the day after day visual of the carnage of rioting and looting.

I'm of the same opinion.

The media and big city leftists give the impression that there is a wide spread movement to end law and order. If you look at the crowds  it's easy to see that they are mostly 20 something ne'r do wells and radicalized antifa fools. Most people want peace and quiet and you can't have that without the rule of law. Trump has correctly come down on the side of law and order. The Rats will regret what they are supporting.

The "systemic police brutality" complaint is not supported by the facts. In 2019 police fatally shot 1,004 people, 25% were black. In 2019 police shot 9 unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites. IOW, its not an out of control pattern of abuse.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/06/06/wsj-police-racism-is-a-myth-n2569954

Also, in 2018 Blacks were 53% of known homicide offenders and 60% of known robbers (they are 13% of the population) so it's not hard to understand why police may be stopping blacks more than whites for street interviews.

We really should be looking at the role resistance while being detained by police is playing in these bad outcomes.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 04:23:59 pm »
What is going to cost the GOP the Senate is all those Senators who refuse to have any backbone or cower when we need strength...typical of the GOP.  The GOP needs to stand together and behind this President more than ever.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 04:46:33 pm »
What is going to cost the GOP the Senate is all those Senators who refuse to have any backbone or cower when we need strength...typical of the GOP.  The GOP needs to stand together and behind this President more than ever.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 05:09:36 pm »
Reagan ran for Gov. of California in 1966, on Law & Order, and won. His power base was Southern California, the OC in particular.

Nixon ran for Potus in 1968 and again in 1972 on Law & Order and won.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan#Governor_of_California_(1967–1975)

It is not up to the candidate to bend to the mob; it is up to the candidate to stand up to the mob.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 05:15:50 pm »

The "systemic police brutality" complaint is not supported by the facts. In 2019 police fatally shot 1,004 people, 25% were black. In 2019 police shot 9 unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites. IOW, its not an out of control pattern of abuse.
In addition, I read of these 9 that 4 or 5 were resisting arrest or tried to get the cop's gun and wound up being shot.

These are thugs the police are dealing with, not just 'unarmed blacks'.

Unarmed blacks have the connotation that they are innocents who the police target on purpose.  Not true.  They place themselves in the position of harm being given to them.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 05:17:18 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 05:47:03 pm »

You are so right!

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 05:53:05 pm »
In addition, I read of these 9 that 4 or 5 were resisting arrest or tried to get the cop's gun and wound up being shot.

These are thugs the police are dealing with, not just 'unarmed blacks'.

Unarmed blacks have the connotation that they are innocents who the police target on purpose.  Not true.  They place themselves in the position of harm being given to them.

We don't have a widespread police brutality problem. We do have some cops that do the wrong thing and they need to go, but we also need to educate people that actively resisting the police when they are detaining, or arresting, you is not going to end well.

If we end up so emasculating the police that they hesitate to do anything we are not going to like what follows.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 05:58:12 pm »
We don't have a widespread police brutality problem. follows.

We do have a widespread problem, with the (mostly) left leaning media able to manipulate opinion, into the false belief there is a problem.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2020, 06:19:54 pm »
We do have a widespread problem, with the (mostly) left leaning media able to manipulate opinion, into the false belief there is a problem.

It's just so frustrating that the media won't enter into a rational discussion about whether or not there is any kind of widespread problem with policing and if so what to do about it.

I watched Tucker Carlson last week and he had a guest on who made a really interesting point. His thinking is that the cries of "police brutality and systemic racism" are just covering up that the left has had control of the large urban areas for over 50 years and have completely failed in everything they said they would do. He went on to make the point that the real issue is about class and not race. In every measure those living in the inner cities have seen the quality of their life stagnate or decline. All this has happened while the leftists have been in control of the city govt., police, and schools. Blaming white cops gets people looking the other way.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2020, 06:24:00 pm »

Another great sign for President Trump, it looks like the size of the protests is increasing daily.   :patriot:   

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2020, 07:46:43 pm »
I think they are right.  At some point when Republicans act like liberals people won't know how to choose.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2020, 10:57:29 pm »
IMHO, there is no systemic racism in the USA.  Far from it in fact.  At no time in history has the USA been more fair to encourage those with the desire to rise above their current station in life, to be able to do so.  Dr Ben Carson is an excellent example of that possibility.  If you have the desire, and you are willing to work to achieve whatever it is you desire in life, the door is wide open.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2020, 11:02:09 pm »
IMHO, there is no systemic racism in the USA.  Far from it in fact.  At no time in history has the USA been more fair to encourage those with the desire to rise above their current station in life, to be able to do so.  Dr Ben Carson is an excellent example of that possibility.  If you have the desire, and you are willing to work to achieve whatever it is you desire in life, the door is wide open.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 01:06:21 pm »
We don't have a widespread police brutality problem. We do have some cops that do the wrong thing and they need to go, but we also need to educate people that actively resisting the police when they are detaining, or arresting, you is not going to end well.

If we end up so emasculating the police that they hesitate to do anything we are not going to like what follows.
Some places are already emasculating the police when people committing crimes are arrested and later released.

They must be wondering why bother to make an arrest if it means nothing?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 02:25:55 pm »
He will.  He is going to lose it all for us.  It isn't too late for him to resign and we could vote for Pence.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 02:27:09 pm »
He will.  He is going to lose it all for us.  It isn't too late for him to resign and we could vote for Pence.

Who's this 'us' & 'we' you speak of?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 02:28:02 pm »
Some places are already emasculating the police when people committing crimes are arrested and later released.

They must be wondering why bother to make an arrest if it means nothing?

That's how it is in Seattle.  And First Act is another step to deny just punishment for crimes and let prisoners out early.  Many of them to turn back to crime.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2020, 02:28:35 pm »
With all of the material the Democrats have given the Republicans to work with for campaign ads, if the RNC can't put together devastating ads that will render the Democratic Party brand in the gutter, it will be their fault.