Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: All hell is breaking loose across America Weekend Thread..Last Part  (Read 43163 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What's the range on a Taser, and what range was he shot at?

Being a cop taser, it had the trailing wires.  The video showed it was less than 10 feet. Enough to drop one of the cops and give him a concussion.  You don't think the cops were afraid he would try to take the real gun from the cop on the ground?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Lando Lincoln

All this taser talk brought this Philadelphia memorable moment to mind.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

If that is the case, then I agree. I was under the impression he had not been checked for weapons.

Do cops usually pat down before or after they declare you under arrest and take out the cuffs?

In this case, there’s still some question whether he was searched before the arrest.

On videos I saw the perp began struggling as police attempted putting the cuffs on.

Until I see the GBI conclusion, I still say he wasn’t fully searched.

Offline aligncare

What's the range on a Taser, and what range was he shot at?

Interviews I saw of police experts said he was within the 25ft range of the taser.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think I understand the need to find a reason to believe it was a bad shoot.  It makes sending an innocent man to prison to placate the mob in hopes to prevent a riot easier to swallow.

I don't agree with it, but it's where we are as a society.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think I understand the need to find a reason to believe it was a bad shoot.  It makes sending an innocent man to prison to placate the mob in hopes to prevent a riot easier to swallow.

I don't agree with it, but it's where we are as a society.
Right, toss another to the wolves.
If he was not thoroughly searched, he may well have had a handgun tucked away.
Suspects have been put in the car, cuffed, and a firearm found on doing a better search.
Having a firearm would be a (felony, with the DUI) reason to fight to break free and run (if for no other reason than to ditch the gun).
I still don't know the range at which he was shot, but the idea of disabling the cop with the taser, taking his service weapon and causing further mayhem is not lost.

So let me set it up this way:

IF he was not searched thoroughly prior to the struggle.
No weapon other than the taser which can be lethal.
Partner was too far off to render direct aid if the cop was incapacitated before the suspect would have the cop's weapon.
The area was dark or in shadow (suspects don't run toward the light, ordinarily).
I would lean toward a good shoot.

If he was searched.
Partner was close enough to render direct aid.
Area was well enough lit to determine he was presenting the taser and not a lethal weapon.
I would lean away from a good shoot.

It doesn't matter to the owner of the Wendy's who didn't shoot anyone. His business is in ruins.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I don't care if he was searched, I have a video of a perp take on two police officers and leave after he has shot both of them numerous times with their own gun.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If that is the case, then I agree. I was under the impression he had not been checked for weapons.

@Smokin Joe

My memory is off and on thanks to chemo brain,but IIRC,by the time they told him they were going to take him to jail and he started to fight with them,maybe 20 minutes had passes since they first approached him,and they had got him out of his car and patted him down before talking with him.

Which makes sense. If cops have even the TINIEST suspicion you might be trouble or they might have to end up taking you in,the very first thing they do is pat you down.

Even a cherub like me has had this happen. More than once. Never liked it,but understood there was nothing I could do about it,and that I would probably do the same thing if I were them.

And you KNOW this guy was a "frequent flier to lock up". So did they because you know the first thing they did when they got him out of the car was to get his ID and run a warrants and arrest records check on him.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 12:15:21 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But he did have a weapon.  The cop's Taser.

@Cyber Liberty ?

You don't know diddly about Lazers,do you.

If they were so dangerous,why are ALL police trainees hit with lazers while in training as a part of the training?

Offline Axeslinger

@Cyber Liberty ?

If they were so dangerous,why are ALL police trainees hit with lazers while in training as a part of the training?
Cmon @sneakypete ...even the disingenuous left has acknowledged that with the taser a perp is fully capable of disarming the officer of his service weapon.  Argue to your hearts content, but the “its just a taser” dog won’t hunt.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty ?

I didn't say "Laser."  I said Taser, and I know plenty about both.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Cmon @sneakypete ...even the disingenuous left has acknowledged that with the taser a perp is fully capable of disarming the officer of his service weapon.  Argue to your hearts content, but the “its just a taser” dog won’t hunt.

I think he thought I was talking about a cat toy, with the red light.   :shrug:

I was surprised to see somebody I thought knew me, go off on me like that.  :shrug: :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Right, toss another to the wolves.
If he was not thoroughly searched, he may well have had a handgun tucked away.
Suspects have been put in the car, cuffed, and a firearm found on doing a better search.
Having a firearm would be a (felony, with the DUI) reason to fight to break free and run (if for no other reason than to ditch the gun).
I still don't know the range at which he was shot, but the idea of disabling the cop with the taser, taking his service weapon and causing further mayhem is not lost.

So let me set it up this way:

IF he was not searched thoroughly prior to the struggle.
Partner was too far off to render direct aid if the cop was incapacitated before the suspect would have the cop's weapon.
The area was dark or in shadow (suspects don't run toward the light, ordinarily).
I would lean toward a good shoot.

If he was searched.
Partner was close enough to render direct aid.
Area was well enough lit to determine he was presenting the taser and not a lethal weapon.
I would lean away from a good shoot.

It doesn't matter to the owner of the Wendy's who didn't shoot anyone. His business is in ruins.

True about the Wendy's owner.  That's freakin raw and I'm glad they got the broad who did it.

I don't know if there was a search, just that he started fighting when they were trying to handcuff him, he was "fine" before that.  Didn't see even a brief frisk (let alone a real search), which should have been on the body cam.  And as for the partner, in the video it looked like he was pretty far away after the shot with the taser.  That means it's probably not relevant if it was a non-lethal weapon because the suspect would have had his hands on a lethal one very quickly.

So, to me, the search is not as relevant.  Diff'rent perspective, I guess.  May not matter in the end, because if this cop isn't sacrificed to the volcano there will be more riots.  If he gets acquitted on the Felony Murder, there will be more riots.  There will be more riots anyway, because it's fun and it's already known the City won't do anything about it. 

He'll be lucky to get a fair trial, in any venue, good or bad shoot.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
And one other factor not mentioned in this thread. Wasn't there was another person not investigated that could of played a part in this... The lady was still in the car right ???? (passenger side) and nobody took time to check her either. I am not sure, but wasn't there a lady the fellow kept talking about in the passenger side of the car? I am not sure, but they say his girlfriend burned Wendy's down. I assume there were talking about the same person.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 03:41:04 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Axeslinger

You are arguing that it is both dangerous and harmless. Make up your mind.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I didn't say "Laser."  I said Taser, and I know plenty about both.

@Cyber Liberty

Brain fart. I  MEANT "taser" and wrote lazer.

And you don't  know diddly squat about them if you think they are deadly weapons.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think he thought I was talking about a cat toy, with the red light.   :shrug:

I was surprised to see somebody I thought knew me, go off on me like that.  :shrug: :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

"Go off on you???????"

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
True about the Wendy's owner.  That's freakin raw and I'm glad they got the broad who did it.

I don't know if there was a search, just that he started fighting when they were trying to handcuff him, he was "fine" before that.  Didn't see even a brief frisk (let alone a real search), which should have been on the body cam.  And as for the partner, in the video it looked like he was pretty far away after the shot with the taser.  That means it's probably not relevant if it was a non-lethal weapon because the suspect would have had his hands on a lethal one very quickly.

So, to me, the search is not as relevant.  Diff'rent perspective, I guess.  May not matter in the end, because if this cop isn't sacrificed to the volcano there will be more riots.  If he gets acquitted on the Felony Murder, there will be more riots.  There will be more riots anyway, because it's fun and it's already known the City won't do anything about it. 

He'll be lucky to get a fair trial, in any venue, good or bad shoot.   :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

The dead thug was running AWAY from the cops,and was shot IN THE BACK. More than once.

No way in HELL is it a "good shoot" when the suspect is shot in the back UNLESS he is running at an officer or a fellow citizen with a weapon in his hand.

The video shows this was clearly not the case.

Offline aligncare

@Cyber Liberty

The dead thug was running AWAY from the cops,and was shot IN THE BACK. More than once.

No way in HELL is it a "good shoot" when the suspect is shot in the back UNLESS he is running at an officer or a fellow citizen with a weapon in his hand.

The video shows this was clearly not the case.

Without final forensic and coroner reports and release of GBI’s findings, this is all speculation, including my own. In other words, it’s a really great story for political boards!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Brain fart. I  MEANT "taser" and wrote lazer.

And you don't  know diddly squat about them if you think they are deadly weapons.

I never said it's a "deadly weapon," (although misused by someone like the deceased they can kill by passing current through the heart).  I said it incapacitated a cop, who's real gun could have been taken and used on the other cops.

I don't know as much as you, but I'm not effin' stupid, @sneakypete.  What's the matter with you?
I will NOT comply.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I never said it's a "deadly weapon," (although misused by someone like the deceased they can kill by passing current through the heart).  I said it incapacitated a cop, who's real gun could have been taken and used on the other cops.

I don't know as much as you, but I'm not effin' stupid, @sneakypete.  What's the matter with you?

@Cyber Liberty

I am tired of EVERYBODY only seeing and supporting what holds up THEIR personal agendas.

As some time reality HAS to be allowed to intrude into the fog and shine a ray of light.
but
ANYBODY  who has watched those videos with an open mind HAS to see that was not a "good shoot" in ANY respect.

No,it was NOT,IMHO a murder because it wasn't planned,but it WAS one degree of a homicide or another. I leave it to the courts and the jury to puzzle out that aspect of it,but it was clearly neither  a "good shoot" as some claim,and nor was it a "murder" as others claim.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I am tired of EVERYBODY only seeing and supporting what holds up THEIR personal agendas.

Please do something about that log in your eye....

As some time reality HAS to be allowed to intrude into the fog and shine a ray of light.
but
ANYBODY  who has watched those videos with an open mind HAS to see that was not a "good shoot" in ANY respect.

Reasonable minds may differ on that.

No,it was NOT,IMHO a murder because it wasn't planned,but it WAS one degree of a homicide or another. I leave it to the courts and the jury to puzzle out that aspect of it,but it was clearly neither  a "good shoot" as some claim,and nor was it a "murder" as others claim.

Then we can agree that Felony Murder, which carries a death sentence, is an overcharge.  I'm good with that!  That overcharge could result in an acquittal, touching off more riots.
I will NOT comply.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Then we can agree that Felony Murder, which carries a death sentence, is an overcharge.  I'm good with that!  That overcharge could result in an acquittal, touching off more riots.

@Cyber Liberty

The ONLY people that would be good for is the various Rev-Runds and other poverty pimps that would get big government contracts if they stop the riots.

Saying people like Sharpton and JJ are whores is demeaning to actual whores.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

The ONLY people that would be good for is the various Rev-Runds and other poverty pimps that would get big government contracts if they stop the riots.

Saying people like Sharpton and JJ are whores is demeaning to actual whores.

:yowsa: :beer: :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

@Cyber Liberty

but

@sneakypete
You’re right...the JUSTIFIABLE kind
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson