Author Topic: Walmart Pledges $100 Million to Fight ‘Systemic Racism’  (Read 1455 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Carney 5 Jun 2020

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon on Friday condemned “racial violence” and pledged $100 million to “address systematic racism in society head-on and accelerate change.”

In an email sent to employees, McMillon embraced the worldview of the radical left and pledge to fund its goals.

“The global health crisis has tested all of us in recent months, and the racial violence in the U.S. — in particular, the murder of George Floyd — is tragic, painful and unacceptable,” McMillon wrote in the email.

Like many companies that have recently adopted the view that America is plagued by systemic racism, Walmart is not aiming only to change itself. It has moved on to the second stage of woke corporatism, which involves attempting to reform the world according to the leftwing agenda.

From McMillon’s letter:

To influence and lead change in society more broadly, we are going to invest resources and develop strategies to increase fairness, equity and justice in aspects of everyday life. We will find the natural overlaps between Walmart’s core business and society’s larger needs that perpetuate racism and discrimination. Specifically, we’re going to focus the power of Walmart on our nation’s financial, healthcare, education and criminal justice systems.

In addition to leveraging our business to drive these outcomes, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation are committing $100 million over five years through a new center on racial equity. The goal of the center will be to address systematic racism in society head-on and accelerate change. Through the $100 million commitment, the center will support philanthropic initiatives that align with the four key areas noted above. The center will seek to advance economic opportunity and healthier living, including issues surrounding the social determinants of health, strengthening workforce development and related educational systems, and support criminal justice reform with an emphasis on examining barriers to opportunity faced by those exiting the system.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/06/05/walmart-pledges-100-million-to-fight-systemic-racism/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Walmart Pledges $100 Million to Fight ‘Systemic Racism’
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 10:51:22 pm »
Rioting really works.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 11:04:00 pm »
There was great turmoil and civil unrest in the 1960’s and 1970’s over the Vietnam war and race.

I‘m sure people don’t remember, or aren’t aware, that in 1972 alone there were 1900 bombings in America. Things were pretty bad back then.

Who would’ve thought it could get worse.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 11:15:25 pm »
There was great turmoil and civil unrest in the 1960’s and 1970’s over the Vietnam war and race.

I‘m sure people don’t remember, or aren’t aware, that in 1972 alone there were 1900 bombings in America. Things were pretty bad back then.

Today was a beautiful day here on the coast, some restaurants & businesses were opened, people of all types were out shopping, getting a beer, coffee, sun, etc. After three months of lockdown it was an indescribable a relief.

Turn on the TV and there is what the left brings - hate, resentment, violence, fire & destruction, totalitarianism. What a contrast.

But it pays, thanks to the Walmarts and McDonalds.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 11:17:53 pm by skeeter »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 11:16:52 pm »
Blackmail...

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 04:22:14 am »
The laughable thing is after they spend x millions/billions of dollars to fight "white supremacy" and "systemic racism," nothing will change in black neighborhoods.
The shootings, killings, robberies, assaults, other violent crimes committed by blacks will go on just as before.
Because there is no WS and SR harming blacks.
Their biggest enemy is themselves.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 08:36:23 am »
Did Al or Jessie pay Walmart a visit?

These so-called civil rights activists are nothing more than racketeers.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 12:32:59 pm »
Did Al or Jessie pay Walmart a visit?

These so-called civil rights activists are nothing more than racketeers.
Apparently, their bank accounts were getting low. Good thing (for them) the Minneapolis cops obliged.

I remember when Jackson extorted Anheuser-Busch many years ago. All he had to do was threaten to march against them for imaginary offenses, and they folded like a cheap suit to the tune of a few million bucks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 03:42:22 pm »
What they heck are they rioting for?  What are their demands?  What the heck is systemic racism?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 04:16:58 pm »
What they heck are they rioting for?  What are their demands?  What the heck is systemic racism?

Don’t worry, they’ll teach you what systemic racism is after they put you on your knees apologizing for your whiteness at the point of a gun.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2020, 05:38:10 pm »

Don't think it's worse at all.... what only a week or two.... I remember a lot of years of long hot summers  back then... :shrug:

Could not wear uniform in places like NYC and SF without getting spit on which of course was a bad choice for the spitee... :cool:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2020, 05:51:28 pm »
Don't think it's worse at all.... what only a week or two.... I remember a lot of years of long hot summers  back then... :shrug:

Could not wear uniform in places like NYC and SF without getting spit on which of course was a bad choice for the spitee... :cool:

What I mean by worse is, the president today has significant segments of businesses and government, including military leaders, supporting the resistance, undermining the president’s authority (eg. Esper). That’s worse than just opposition from some radical fringe groups. It’s much worse.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 01:13:17 pm by aligncare »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2020, 06:06:36 pm »
What I mean by worse is, now the president has significant parts of government, including military leaders, joining the resistance and undermining the president’s authority (eg. Esper). That’s worse than just opposition from some radical fringe groups. It’s much worse now.
It has been that way since the day Trump walked down the escalator... It is an ongoing coup de ta with our own federal government in the lead.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2020, 07:46:13 pm »
Jesse Jackson's shakedowns of the past make him look like a piker compared to what's goin' on today...

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 01:03:40 pm »
One person walking from Walmart may not be noticed.

But I walk away from a company blind to riots.
I presently shop there weekly. No more.
About a decade ago I owned Walmart stock.

I sold the stock before and now walk away from their ignorance.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 02:17:07 pm »
"What the heck is systemic racism?"

It means "you have something I don't have.....gimme!"

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2020, 04:10:01 pm »
Rioting really works.

@skeeter

The good news here is the various "Rev-Runds" have all GOT to be getting slightly suicidal at the thought of all this money being spread around,and they're not the ones doing the funneling and the skimming.

Sumbodie dun cut out de Rev-Runds as the middle-mens!

It's only a matter of days before the riots start. This can NOT be allowed to stand!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2020, 04:13:09 pm »
Here is MY proposal to all of this.

Completely eliminate the government connection to public aid,and force ALL religions with a charter to spend every nickel they take in feeding,housing,and providing clothing and medial care to the needy,with the exception of the most basic administrative costs.

After all,isn't that what they are supposed to be doing anyhow,and the reason why they were originally given the tax-free status?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2020, 04:16:42 pm »
@skeeter

The good news here is the various "Rev-Runds" have all GOT to be getting slightly suicidal at the thought of all this money being spread around,and they're not the ones doing the funneling and the skimming.

Sumbodie dun cut out de Rev-Runds as the middle-mens!

It's only a matter of days before the riots start. This can NOT be allowed to stand!
Sharpton somehow wheedled his way into the free for all. I heard him spewing some barely coherent inanities at Mr Floyd’s memorial service.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2020, 04:18:15 pm »
What they heck are they rioting for?   

@mrpotatohead

Mo money,mo gold chains,mo bitches.

What are their demands?   

A white bitch is every pot,and a free Mercedes limo every year.

What the heck is systemic racism?[/quote]

Dat bees rasists! Shut yo mouf,mammyjammer!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2020, 04:20:09 pm »
Don’t worry, they’ll teach you what systemic racism is after they put you on your knees apologizing for your whiteness at the point of a gun.

@aligncare

Yeah,that one might not work out exactly like they planned.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2020, 04:25:39 pm »

@monanajoe

I walked all around in downtown San Francisco in 1965 or 66,wearing Army dress greens,jump boots,and a Green Beret,and never got bothered even once. I did have a few hippies ask me questions about the war in VN,and they ended up offering me a free place to stay with them while in town. Nice people.

They did warn me to stay away from the area where the recruitment center was because of the riots,though. They told me that was were all the political posers were,and they went there to riot,not reason.

The genuine hippies were genuinely nice people.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2020, 01:02:41 am »
@monanajoe

I walked all around in downtown San Francisco in 1965 or 66,wearing Army dress greens,jump boots,and a Green Beret,and never got bothered even once. I did have a few hippies ask me questions about the war in VN,and they ended up offering me a free place to stay with them while in town. Nice people.

They did warn me to stay away from the area where the recruitment center was because of the riots,though. They told me that was were all the political posers were,and they went there to riot,not reason.

The genuine hippies were genuinely nice people.
I used to in the 80s drive in to the outskirts of NYC from Connecticut everyday in my little Toyota pickup with a confederate flag as my front license plate.  Sometimes I went all the way to JFK as well in that truck.

Was never bothered once during the hundreds of times I made the trip.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2020, 01:08:03 am »
$100 million to emphasize an idealistic differential separation of races.  $100 million to move us that much further away from a colorblind society.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-