Author Topic: Carpetbagging: The Hollywood Celebs Pushing ‘Win Texas. Lose Trump’ Funding Campaign  (Read 382 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
David Ng 5 Jun 2020

A slew of Hollywood celebrities is pushing an effort to turn Texas blue in the hopes that it will cause President Donald Trump to lose the electoral college in November.  The celebrity social-media effort organized by ActBlue is aggressively promoting the slogan: “Win Texas. Lose Trump.”

Left-wing stars including Alyssa Milano, Rob Reiner, Debra Messing, and Star Wars actor Mark Hamill are urging their Twitter followers to donate $38 to Texas’ Democratic party in recognition of the state’s 38 electoral votes. ActBlue, the left-wing donor site that is behind the drive, is hoping to defeat President Trump in Texas by pushing vote by mail.

“Your donation goes extremely far and is crucial for helping us register over 2 million Texans and keep voters safe by sending over 1.5 million vote-by-mail applications. Every $1 donated lets us mail 2 voters,” ActBlue says on the Texas Democrats site.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/06/05/carpetbagging-the-hollywood-celebs-pushing-win-texas-lose-trump-funding-campaign/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Damn, it costs $19 per person to send out mailers? Somebody's skimming off the top.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Out-of-state money has poured into other states on behalf of particular parties, candidates or activities for generations, for better or worse. When it's your party as the beneficiary, it's fine and dandy; when it's the other guys' party, it's carpetbaggers who can't mind their own business. A point to which Breitbrat seems almost as forgetful, conveniently, as the point that you can spend all the money on earth on behalf of this or that political position and it doesn't oblige people to listen.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Breitbrat

As much as MSM i (NYT, WaPo, CNN, MSN, etc) is caught in bald faced lies, I find it strange you would a diss a conservative news outlet here.  Granted their site has become difficult to navigate , click baited and all, but.............
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EasyAce

As much as MSM i (NYT, WaPo, CNN, MSN, etc) is caught in bald faced lies, I find it strange you would a diss a conservative news outlet here.  Granted their site has become difficult to navigate , click baited and all, but.............
Because it wasn't been the same after Andrew Breitbart died, because Steve Bannon shoved it into the alt-right fever swamps (he's actually gone now but the poisons remain) where it became no better than the parallel fever swamp rags on the left, and because they traffic in a few too many wingnut conspiracy theories for my taste. I'd rather read Reason, The Bulwark, National Review, Commentary, The Daily Wire, The Dispatch, and the assorted publications of the Cato Institute, among others.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 03:51:16 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Because it wasn't been the same after Andrew Breitbart died, because Steve Bannon shoved it into the alt-right fever swamps (he's actually gone now but the poisons remain) where it became no better than the parallel fever swamp rags on the left, and because they traffic in a few too many wingnut conspiracy theories for my taste. I'd rather read Reason, The Bulwark, National Review, Commentary, The Daily Wire, The Dispatch, and the assorted publications of the Cato Institute, among others.

No argument on those choices.  Even the existing Brietbart site comes up with somegem articles from time to time.  I just hate how they have junked it up with ads, click bait, and cleavage.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EasyAce

I just hate how they have junked it up with ads, click bait, and cleavage.
Do I dare ask in which order?  wink777

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What has Senator Cruz done?  I used to like him but Trumps approval costs big time.  When you have to move to the left to be more electable.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.