Author Topic: Esper ‘needs to stay the hell at the Pentagon’: Lt. Gen. Honore on Trump military threat  (Read 869 times)

rangerrebew

Esper ‘needs to stay the hell at the Pentagon’: Lt. Gen. Honore on Trump military threat

Lt. Gen. Honore on Mark Esper’s walk back: “I think we are happy to see the Secretary of Defense crawling back over to the Pentagon where he needs to stay.”June 3, 2020

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/esper-needs-to-stay-the-hell-at-the-pentagon-lt-gen-honore-on-trump-military-threat-84338245882

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
OK by me.  The Pentagon is a big building and they could use another janitor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
OK by me.  The Pentagon is a big building and they could use another janitor.
Don't you mean PLO, Ala 'No Time For Sergeants' ?

Offline Absalom

The ignorance and contempt directed against Mark Esper/DoD is astounding.
He graduated from West Point in 1986 w/an Engineering Degree, an Infantry
Officer Commission, trained as an Airborne Ranger and honorably commanded
such a company during the Iraq War.
Then days ago he called out stable genius Trump for his reckless comment
about deploying armed soldiers to suppress the urban rioters.
The reaction from the usual suspects was predictable; abuse, contempt and scorn.
No matter, Scorpio's month is looming w/a vengeance, as the Clown's Posse will learn.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 05:27:15 am by Absalom »

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
Commission, trained as an Airborne Ranger and honorably commanded such
a company during the Iraq War.
The reaction from the usual suspects was predictable; abuse, contempt and scorn.
No matter, Scorpio's month is looming w/a vengeance, as the clown posse will learn.

Nothing Trump said was "reckless".

If the Democrat governors and mayors will not protect their citizens from terrorists then it falls to the President and the military to do so.

And as we're finding out that Antifa is foreign funded there is more cause for military intervention and perhaps that can also come in the form of a Hellfire missile right up George Soros' ass!  :yowsa:
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Offline GtHawk

No matter, Scorpio's month is looming w/a vengeance, as the clown posse will learn.
That's nice Esper has earned many things in his life and now from myself and others he has earned contempt, of course your opinion and mmv. I don't disregard your opinion, it's yours and you are welcome to it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I don't give a rip about his CV.  He went out and made a public issue of his disagreement with the Commander in Chief, and this cannot be tolerated.  I'm sure he's the salt of the earth to his family, but I don't GAF.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's nice Esper has earned many things in his life and now from myself and others he has earned contempt, of course your opinion and mmv. I don't disregard your opinion, it's yours and you are welcome to it.

Opinions are like a$$holes:  Everybody has one.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I don't give a rip about his CV.  He went out and made a public issue of his disagreement with the Commander in Chief, and this cannot be tolerated. 

Making his differences with the CinC public, is outside the normal lines of acceptable military behavior.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

Nothing Trump said was "reckless".
If the Democrat governors and mayors will not protect their citizens from terrorists then it falls to the President and the military to do so.
And as we're finding out that Antifa is foreign funded there is more cause for military intervention and perhaps that can also come in the form of a Hellfire missile right up George Soros' ass!  :yowsa:
----------------------------------------
Respectfully Megan, Trump has been impulsive and rash all his life, which was the
reason he was sent to military school at 13; yet he never changed and never will!
His mouth rules him and whatever brain he has, has been sound asleep most of his life.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 05:11:16 am by Absalom »

Offline Absalom

--------------------------------
A reflection.
You sound like someone who listens before talking, unlike most; a most worthy trait.
Earlier, I noted Mark Esber's military record so I won't repeat it; a mark of character in my opinion.
Rather let me note some of Trump's behavioral traits.
During the Vietnam War he was a draft dodger while later in business he filed for Bankruptcy 4X!
In his personal life he has been divorced 3X and remains a familiar figure to our Tabloid Journos,
having graced their pages countless times along w/his escapades w/countless females.
As respect is earned by the character we display, I suggest that Trump is arguably the very
last person in the entire universe to remark that he no longer has any respect for Esper
as a consequence of his remarks on deploying the US Military in our cities.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 04:10:14 am by Absalom »

Offline Absalom

Opinions are like a$$holes:  Everybody has one.
-------------------------
As you relentlessly radiate such class, humor and wisdom;
it's a shame that Trumpet hasn't nominated you for something fitting.
Youze wood make a fearsome combo!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

----------------------------------------
Respectfully Megan, Trump has been impulsive and rash all his life, which was the reason he was sent to military school at 13; yet he never changed and never will!His mouth rules him and whatever brain he has, has been sound asleep most of his life.

I see you're still proving hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.   88devil

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Making his differences with the CinC public, is outside the normal lines of acceptable military behavior.

:thumbsup:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
-------------------------
As you relentlessly radiate such class, humor and wisdom;
it's a shame that Trumpet hasn't nominated you for something fitting.
Youze wood make a fearsome combo!

I don't give two shits what you think of me, just be decent to the other Members and we'll do just fine.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Absalom

So General Honore' asserts "Esper needs to stay the hell at the Pentagon".
Never heard of this character, so let's examine the record!
Russell Honore', a retired US General, is a self-labled African-American Creole of French,
Indian and Spanish ancestry; having a Degree in Vocational Agriculture.
In his career, he commanded the joint task force that coordinated relief efforts during
Hurricane Katrina along the US Gulf Coast and later during Hurricane Rita in Puerto Rico,
as well as flooding in Mozambique and Malawi.
His performance got him political attention and a transfer to So. Korea during the monsoon
seasons where he replicated his relief efforts.
His military career comprises admin & staff work; as his combat command is non-existent.
Known as the Ragin Cajun his comments about Esper are brainless
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 11:01:13 pm by Absalom »

Offline GtHawk

--------------------------------
A reflection.
You sound like someone who listens before talking, unlike most; a most worthy trait.
Earlier, I noted Mark Esber's military record so I won't repeat it; a mark of character in my opinion.
Rather let me note some of Trump's behavioral traits.
During the Vietnam War he was a draft dodger while later in business he filed for Bankruptcy 4X!
In his personal life he has been divorced 3X and remains a familiar figure to our Tabloid Journos,
having graced their pages countless times along w/his escapades w/numerous females.
As respect is earned by the character we display, I suggest that Trump is arguably the very
last person in the entire universe to remark that he no longer has any respect for Esper
as a consequence of his remarks on deploying the US Military in our cities.
If antipathy for Trump had value you would be a wealthy individual. I have no problem with Trump, like past Presidents, deploying US Military to our cities to protect our citizens and their property from rioters, looters and the deranged taking advantage of the situation to go wilding. Peaceful protest is one thing but over 90% of what's going on is anything but peaceful and as far as Antifa they had this all planned out just waiting for a situation to take advantage of. It is the Presidents responsibility to protect all Americans with every tool at his disposal, including if necessary the  largest in his power the Military. If Esper cannot fulfill his duty and follow the Presidents order if given he should resign, but as others have said, instead of undercutting his Commander publicly he should have spoken his concerns to Trump privately and kept them private as long as he was serving. That again is where he lost my respect and it doesn't have jack to do with your hate or Trumps history.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

His military career comprises admin & staff work; as his combat command is non-existent.

@Absalom

So what? 90 percent of the soliders in the army during wartime never hear or fire a shot. The thing is they have VERY important jobs supplying and supporting the soldiers that do fire shots,and we couldn't win wars without them.

BTW,how much combat time do YOU have?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Absalom

If antipathy for Trump had value you would be a wealthy individual. I have no problem with Trump, like past Presidents, deploying US Military to our cities to protect our citizens and their property from rioters, looters and the deranged taking advantage of the situation to go wilding. Peaceful protest is one thing but over 90% of what's going on is anything but peaceful and as far as Antifa they had this all planned out just waiting for a situation to take advantage of. It is the Presidents responsibility to protect all Americans with every tool at his disposal, including if necessary the  largest in his power the Military. If Esper cannot fulfill his duty and follow the Presidents order if given he should resign, but as others have said, instead of undercutting his Commander publicly he should have spoken his concerns to Trump privately and kept them private as long as he was serving. That again is where he lost my respect and it doesn't have jack to do with your hate or Trumps history.
------------------------------------
Hmm..................normal people have reacted negatively to Trump's toddler behavior
which is why he's circling the Poll Bowls. The exception of course, is his Clown Posse,
who stand in awe of every motion he makes or word he utters, no matter how incoherent.
The core reason to oppose him on using the Military is because good judgement is beyond him.
As such, any and all mistakes will be blamed on them, as Trump and his cronies duck, dodge and hide.
The purpose of the Military, since 1789, has been to serve and protect the best interests
of our people and country, and emphatically not to to advance the political agenda of
which ever jackass politico is ranting and screaming.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 02:30:49 am by Absalom »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
------------------------------------
  .normal people have reacted negatively to Trump's toddler behavior  

@Absalom

WTH do you know about normal people?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!