Author Topic: Gov. Abbott Calls for Bexar County GOP Chair to Resign After Floating George Floyd Conspiracy Theory  (Read 431 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/austin/news/2020/06/04/gov--abbott-calls-for-bexar-county-gop-chair-to-resign-after-floating-george-floyd-conspiracy-theory-

BEXAR COUNTY, Texas -- Top Texas Republicans are calling on the chair of the Bexar County GOP to resign. It comes after she floated a conspiracy theory about the death of George Floyd.

In a since-deleted Facebook post, Bexar County Chairwoman Cynthia Brehm asked for her friends' thoughts about whether Floyd's death was staged to damage President Trump with black voters. There is no evidence to support that claim. Floyd died last week after a white police officer kneeled on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

Gov. Greg Abbott has called for Brehm to step down.

"These comments are disgusting and have no place in the Republican Party or in public discourse," John Wittman, a spokesman for Abbott, said in a statement.

Other Republicans, including both Texas senators, the chairman of the state GOP and the Republican congressmen who represent Bexar County have also called for her to step down.

more at link...

Not a cult.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Governor Abbott basically telling state GOP not to stoop to dim tactics.  I'm okay with that.

But OTOH, almost as preposterous of an idea of a  6 time felon, resisiting arrest, hopped up on Fenyl and Meth becoming a nation-wide martyr, hero,  and saint.

Jut sayin,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.