Author Topic: Trump vows to campaign against Murkowski after senator's criticism  (Read 1889 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump vows to campaign against Murkowski after senator's criticism
By Brett Samuels - 06/04/20 07:49 PM EDT

President Trump on Thursday pledged to campaign against Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) when she's up for reelection in 2022 after the senator told reporters she was "struggling" with whether to vote for Trump in November.

"Few people know where they’ll be in two years from now, but I do, in the Great State of Alaska (which I love) campaigning against Senator Lisa Murkowski," Trump tweeted.

"Get any candidate ready, good or bad, I don’t care, I’m endorsing. If you have a pulse, I’m with you!" he added.

The president cited Murkowski's vote against a skinny repeal of the Affordable Care Act in 2017 and her vote against the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanuagh. But Trump's tweets were a clear response to the senator's criticisms earlier in the day.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/501262-trump-vows-to-campaign-against-murkowski-after-senators-criticism
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump vows to campaign against Murkowski after senator's criticism
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 12:32:55 am »
 :facepalm2:

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 12:51:02 am »
:facepalm2:

No kidding

He'll let a Democrat have that seat to ease his butthurt
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 01:03:11 am »
No kidding

I was thinking he will get behind another empty suit like that guy, Tommy Tuberville, in Alabama.  Other than his fame as a college football coach, what does anyone know about Tuberville?  What are his positions on the issues?  Does he even know what the issues are? 

I'm sure there are Trump supporters who will vote for anyone he endorses, but IMHO they are fools for using that endorsement as a reason to vote for a guy or gal they don't really know. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 01:13:17 am »
She's not up for election until 2022.  She has been a worthless GOP senator forever, and sometimes votes with the dims  \

Yeah, I support Trump supporting primarying the hell out her then.  I hope she goes down in flames.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 01:18:01 am »
No kidding

No ... in two years Murkowski is up for reelection.  POTUS is starting the primary process early.    happy77

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2020, 01:19:50 am »
I was thinking he will get behind another empty suit like that guy, Tommy Tuberville, in Alabama.  Other than his fame as a college football coach, what does anyone know about Tuberville?  What are his positions on the issues?  Does he even know what the issues are? 

I'm sure there are Trump supporters who will vote for anyone he endorses, but IMHO they are fools for using that endorsement as a reason to vote for a guy or gal they don't really know.

The President is saying to the Alaska GOP ... get your ducks in a row and primary Murkowski in 2022.  I'll campaign with and for the candidate you choose.

@Applewood

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2020, 01:27:12 am »

I would happily vote for anyone Trump recommends Alaska's GOP puts up against this toad.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 01:27:21 am »
The President is saying to the Alaska GOP ... get your ducks in a row and primary Murkowski in 2022.  I'll campaign with and for the candidate you choose.

@Applewood

No it isn't.  Dishonesty again.  This is what Trump said and we all must believe he meant it:

"Get any candidate ready, good or bad, I don’t care, I’m endorsing. If you have a pulse, I’m with you!" he added.

Your president.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 01:28:50 am »
No it isn't.  Dishonesty again.  This is what Trump said and we all must believe he meant it:

Your president.
So send Murkowski a donation.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 01:29:55 am »

Exactly what they do.  Its Jonestown all over again.  Come get the kool Aid.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 01:34:42 am »
So send Murkowski a donation.

Its a habit of Trump.  He hires people he doesn't like.  Doesn't care if they are good.  Because ultimately they are empty heads with no decisions to make.  Trump makes all decisions, and if they don't go along he fires them.

The only ones that can make any decisions are Ivanka and Jared.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 01:36:00 am by Chosen Daughter »

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2020, 01:36:45 am »

And there's the insanity again.

You're reinforcing my point.  Whoever the Alaska GOP chooses as their candidate to unseat Murkowski ... POTUS will help win.

This is simple stuff, sweetie.  It shouldn't be confusing you.  Maybe you should take the mask off in the house, your brain may be in need of oxygen.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2020, 01:40:33 am »
And there's the insanity again.

You're reinforcing my point.  Whoever the Alaska GOP chooses as their candidate to unseat Murkowski ... POTUS will help win.

This is simple stuff, sweetie.  It shouldn't be confusing you.  Maybe you should take the mask off in the house, your brain may be in need of oxygen.

Don't call me sweetie. Your point is just what Trump said throw any sleaze bag out there and he will support them. 

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2020, 01:49:29 am »
Don't call me sweetie. Your point is just what Trump said throw any sleaze bag out there and he will support them.

Listen, (fill in the blank) ...   Just as it's up to Alabamans to choose their Senate candidate it's up to Alaska to do the same. If they choose a "sleaze bag" (learn that in Sunday school, did you?) we still go for the win to keep the seat.

The President's committing to backing an alternative candidate of their choice.

This is not rocket science. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 01:55:22 am »
Its a habit of Trump.  He hires people he doesn't like.  Doesn't care if they are good.  Because ultimately they are empty heads with no decisions to make.  Trump makes all decisions, and if they don't go along he fires them.

The only ones that can make any decisions are Ivanka and Jared.
That is a classic scatterbrained word salad  screed.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 02:50:06 am »
Its a habit of Trump.  He hires people he doesn't like.  Doesn't care if they are good.  Because ultimately they are empty heads with no decisions to make.  Trump makes all decisions, and if they don't go along he fires them. The only ones that can make any decisions are Ivanka and Jared.
---------------------------
Well articulated.
Wisdom in 50 words or less, in contrast to Limbaugh
who would yap for 75 paragraphs of 500+ words each.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 02:56:35 am »
No kidding

Trump has shown that he can support Democrats so I can too.  I support any idiot over Lindsey Graham.  Anybody, good or bad.  Anybody except Lindsey Graham.

And for that matter any imbecile will do over Trump.  It certainly couldn't be any worse.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 02:58:32 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Absalom

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 03:08:46 am »
You're reinforcing my point.  Whoever the Alaska GOP chooses as their candidate to unseat Murkowski , POTUS will help win. This is simple stuff, sweetie.  It shouldn't be confusing you. 
Maybe you should take the mask off in the house, your brain may be in need of oxygen.
----------------------------------
Hmm.................at least she has a functioning brain, unlike his Fan Club Choir whose
only reason for existence is to applaud anything their "stable genius" does or says.

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 03:08:49 am »
That is a classic scatterbrained word salad  screed.

You're being too kind @truth_seeker

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 03:17:38 am »

Hmm.................at least she has a functioning brain, unlike his Fan Club Choir whose only reason for existence is to applaud anything their "stable genius" does or says.

I'm going to guess this sounded so much more powerful in your head.   88devil

Good try though, sweetie.  Good try.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2020, 04:00:51 am »
You're being too kind @truth_seeker

@Right_in_Virginia

What they don’t see, which is plainly obvious to the rest of us, is standing right in front of the them. It’s moi, you, @truth_seeker, David, @bilo, @skeeter, others (forgive me if I skipped you). It’s the strength of our bond to President Trump, because of his fight against the status quo and the direction he wants to take the country. That’s what they don’t understand.

They see our loyalty and respect for Trump’s skills as president as a negative, maybe as a weakness. But we, we are Trump’s strength for this upcoming re-election battle and why Trump will likely be re-elected. We are why Trump is the candidate and not some last minute substitute acceptable to a few weak, fearful republicans.

The critics and naysayers can’t separate us from our support for Trump, and they can’t switch in another candidate, thrust him on Trump’s supporters and expect to win. As much as I like VP Pence, he won’t be president in 2021.

Multiply us by tens of millions of supporters—numbers growing higher the closer we get to the election as the prospect of a doddering Joe Biden as president becomes real and even more unacceptable.

That’s what they don’t see. The tenacious support President Donald J Trump has, in us.

Offline dancer

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2020, 05:18:09 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

What they don’t see, which is plainly obvious to the rest of us, is standing right in front of the them. It’s moi, you, @truth_seeker, David, @bilo, @skeeter, others (f

Multiply us by tens of millions of supporters—numbers growing higher
Nevada now has more registered Republicans than Democrats! 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2020, 10:02:51 am »
She's not up for election until 2022.  She has been a worthless GOP senator forever, and sometimes votes with the dims  \

Yeah, I support Trump supporting primarying the hell out her then.  I hope she goes down in flames.
McCain, Collins, Murkowski...leading 'aisle crossers' who could always be counted upon to vote wrong.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2020, 01:46:45 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

What they don’t see, which is plainly obvious to the rest of us, is standing right in front of the them. It’s moi, you, @truth_seeker, David, @bilo, @skeeter, others (forgive me if I skipped you). It’s the strength of our bond to President Trump, because of his fight against the status quo and the direction he wants to take the country. That’s what they don’t understand.

What surprises and concerns me at this point is what some here don't see is something truly evil this way comes.  In 2015 Donald Trump was the only one who put voice to this without apology.  For this and his victory he has been hounded like a dog by the full force of the government and national media. 

Think of the chaos and division "they" have fomented:  Unlawful investigation after investigation, impeachment, a global pandemic taken to extremes, political leaders hell bent on keeping the economy from rebounding, calls to institutionalize voter fraud and the evils of white supremacy, calls to eliminate the Electoral College and now calls to defund and dismantle local police forces.......

Throw into this mix the former presidents from both political parties, former military personnel, religious "leaders", former political operatives of the President's party ... all openly coalescing to defeat the sitting President.  They're not doing this because Trump tweets --- they're doing this because this man stands in opposition to them --- the globalists, the socialists, the true haters of America --- and they fear his army is growing.

The election in 2020 is not about how "conservative" the President is or if he's a populist, or how he holds a bible or what his mother may have thought about him or armchair analysis about the size of his ego or his effing twitter account.  This election is about who wins:  the Patriots or the insurrectionists.

I made my choice in 2016 and since then my support for the President has grown stronger.  I'm praying this is the majority opinion beyond the borders of Briefer City.

I think it is.

@aligncare

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 01:48:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »