Author Topic: Robert Earl Keen to Play Social-Distanced Shows at Texas Club  (Read 666 times)

Offline corbe

Robert Earl Keen to Play Social-Distanced Shows at Texas Club

Jon Freeman 2 hrs ago

Beloved Texas singer-songwriter Robert Earl Keen has announced a pair of shows at one of the Lone Star State’s best-known venues. On June 12th and 13th, Keen will perform at Gruene Hall in New Braunfels, marking one of the first indoor concerts since the COVID-19 pandemic forced stay-at-home orders.

© Provided by Rolling Stone rek-gruene

According to Paradigm, Keen’s booking agency, these shows will implement social distancing measures. On a normal night, Gruene Hall is set up for 800 general admission guests, standing only. Keen’s shows will cap the number of guests at 138, seated at 23 tables of six. Ticket buyers must purchase a full table so that they will be seated only with their party, and all tables will be six feet apart.

Capacity may be expanded to include additional tables in the outdoor beer garden, which can see the stage and hear audio. Walk-up bar service will be closed, and table service will be provided instead. Tickets will go on sale next week via Gruene Hall’s website, though no pricing information is available.

“Gruene Hall is my rejuvenating, hot springs, fountain of youth,” Keen says. “Gruene is the catalyst for thirty three years of marriage to my beautiful bride, my first band and every other band after, and frankly, my longevity in the music biz. The good people at Gruene rescued me from my nadir in 1987. It makes perfect sense that Gruene Hall is stepping up and giving us a chance, after three months of uncertainty, to do what we do best — play live music!”

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/robert-earl-keen-to-play-social-distanced-shows-at-texas-club/ar-BB152BTX?ocid=spartanntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Robert Earl Keen to Play Social-Distanced Shows at Texas Club
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 08:06:27 pm »
   People in my area are hungry to get out and socialize again.  Tickets aren't available till next week but he definitely sells out both nights.
   Big BeirGarten.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 08:09:05 pm »
   People in my area are hungry to get out and socialize again.  Tickets aren't available till next week but he definitely sells out both nights.
   Big BeirGarten.

I saw Robert Earl several years ago. What's not to like?? :laugh:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 01:35:25 am »
The Dance Hall in Gruene should be a national monument. It's a famous venue, if only as the place where George Strait got his start.

Greune is one of my favorite places in the Hill Country. My wife can spend hours in the numerous quaint little shops, while I enjoy myself at an excellent wine bar across the street from the Dance Hall.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 04:49:27 pm »
How your concert experience at Gruene Hall will be different.

*21+ only event. Absolutely NO refunds.*
Only tables will be sold for this event (maximum 6 people per table.) No individual tickets/seats will be sold.
Available for purchase online only.
Doors open 1 hour before the show. Check in for wristbands as early as 2 hours before the show.
Table buyer must be present with their ID to receive wristbands at the gate.
The inside bar is closed. Table service will be provided for all inside tables.
Beer Garden picnic tables will not be available for purchase until the day before the show.
Due to capacity restrictions, Beer Garden patrons will not have access to the inside of Gruene Hall. There will be an outside bar.
Tables and chairs are spaced to accommodate social distancing and cannot be moved.

Governor says...

You must remain seated if inside.
Masks are recommended.
Groups must stay at least 6 feet apart.

Inside Table Details

Absolutely NO refunds.
This show is rain or shine.
Fully seated show. You must remain seated except to head outside.
Maximum 6 people per table.
Tables and chairs cannot be moved.
Table service will be provided.
Cash only. No tabs.
Interior restrooms will be closed. Bathrooms are available in the Beer Garden.
Day of show details will be included with your table purchase confirmation.

Inside Table Sections

Hell Yes! (Front Row) Tables 1-4 - $510
Dang Good! (In the middle) Tables 5-15 - $420
Still Awesome! (Still in the Hall) Tables 16-23 - $300

Beer Garden Picnic Table Details
Absolutely NO refunds.
These tickets will go on sale the day before the show.
Picnic tables cannot be moved.
Beer Garden patrons will not have access to the inside of Gruene Hall.

Outside Picnic Tables

Under the Stars (Outside) Picnic Tables 24-50 - $180
Picnic Tables for Friday on sale Thursday, June 11 at 10am
Picnic Tables for Saturday on sale Friday, June 12 at 10am

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 04:52:40 pm »
How your concert experience at Gruene Hall will be different.

*21+ only event. Absolutely NO refunds.*
Only tables will be sold for this event (maximum 6 people per table.) No individual tickets/seats will be sold.
Available for purchase online only.
Doors open 1 hour before the show. Check in for wristbands as early as 2 hours before the show.
Table buyer must be present with their ID to receive wristbands at the gate.
The inside bar is closed. Table service will be provided for all inside tables.
Beer Garden picnic tables will not be available for purchase until the day before the show.
Due to capacity restrictions, Beer Garden patrons will not have access to the inside of Gruene Hall. There will be an outside bar.
Tables and chairs are spaced to accommodate social distancing and cannot be moved.

Governor says...

You must remain seated if inside.
Masks are recommended.
Groups must stay at least 6 feet apart.

Inside Table Details

Absolutely NO refunds.
Fully seated show. You must remain seated except to head outside.
Tables and chairs cannot be moved.
Table service will be provided.
Cash only. No tabs.
Interior restrooms will be closed. Bathrooms are available in the Beer Garden.

Inside Table Sections

Hell Yes! (Front Row) Tables 1-4 - $510
Dang Good! (In the middle) Tables 5-15 - $420
Still Awesome! (Still in the Hall) Tables 16-23 - $300

Beer Garden Picnic Table Details
Absolutely NO refunds.
These tickets will go on sale the day before the show.
Picnic tables cannot be moved.
Beer Garden patrons will not have access to the inside of Gruene Hall.

Outside Picnic Tables

Under the Stars (Outside) Picnic Tables 24-50 - $180
Picnic Tables for Friday on sale Thursday, June 11 at 10am
Picnic Tables for Saturday on sale Friday, June 12 at 10am

I love Robert Earn Keen, and I love Gruene Hall, but I don't think I've ever paid that much to see anyone at Gruene Hall.

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 07:27:00 pm »
That's crazy! For those prices Robert Earl needs to come and sing in my front yard. happy77

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 06:16:50 pm »
I love Robert Earn Keen, and I love Gruene Hall, but I don't think I've ever paid that much to see anyone at Gruene Hall.

I'm not a big Country fan, but I would hardly pay that much to see anyone, anywhere. The closest artist I can think of would be Eric Clapton, whom I saw in Dallas last September, at his Crossroads Guitar Festival. My tickets were in the nosebleed section...edit that, MY ticket was about $150. I went solo, because no one in my family wanted to go. lol

Best concert I ever saw, lasted 8 hours.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 09:22:26 pm »
I'm not a big Country fan, but I would hardly pay that much to see anyone, anywhere. The closest artist I can think of would be Eric Clapton, whom I saw in Dallas last September, at his Crossroads Guitar Festival. My tickets were in the nosebleed section...edit that, MY ticket was about $150. I went solo, because no one in my family wanted to go. lol

Best concert I ever saw, lasted 8 hours.

I went to the first Crossroads in Dallas. It was actually a 3 day event that culminated in an event at the Cotton Bowl that started at 9:a.m and ended really late in the evening. I can't tell you what time the end was because I had to bail due to my back giving out and being afraid I wouldn't be able to get back to my car. I missed Jeff Beck 9999hair out0000 But every good git-picker that ever lived was there. The three days were something I will always treasure. But I wouldn't even give it a try today... (I went to see Clapton every time he was in Dallas for years..he never disappointed.)

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 10:38:48 pm »

I went to the first Crossroads in Dallas. It was actually a 3 day event that culminated in an event at the Cotton Bowl that started at 9:a.m and ended really late in the evening. I can't tell you what time the end was because I had to bail due to my back giving out and being afraid I wouldn't be able to get back to my car. I missed Jeff Beck 9999hair out0000 But every good git-picker that ever lived was there. The three days were something I will always treasure. But I wouldn't even give it a try today... (I went to see Clapton every time he was in Dallas for years..he never disappointed.)

I couldn't handle 3 hours in the Cotton Bowl, my 66 YO butt and back need a comfy seat with a back to it. I was able to handle the 8 hours, getting up a few times to stretch my legs. Of all the great moments, one stands out: Los Lobos playing "Made to Break Your Heart", with Clapton playing lead guitar.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 10:31:10 pm »
   He added another show, Sunday night, all 3 are sold out, indoors and out.