Author Topic: GOP Sen. Murkowski 'struggling' with whether to vote for Trump  (Read 439 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Sen. Murkowski 'struggling' with whether to vote for Trump
By Alexander Bolton - 06/04/20 12:22 PM EDT

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) on Thursday praised former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis’s scathing rebuke of President Trump as “true and honest and necessary” and admitted she is “struggling” with whether to vote for the president.

“I thought General Mattis’s words were true and honest and necessary and overdue,” Murkowski, the chair of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, said on her way to a vote in the Capitol Thursday.

“When I saw Gen. Mattis’s comments yesterday I felt like perhaps we’re getting to the point where we can be more honest with the concerns we might hold internally and have the courage of our convictions and speak up,” she told The Washington Post's Paul Kane, who pooled the remarks and sent them to other Senate reporters.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/501139-murkowski-praises-mattis-statement-as-true-and-honest-says-shes-struggling
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: GOP Sen. Murkowski 'struggling' with whether to vote for Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 07:11:22 pm »
Lisa Murkowski: Mattis’ Critique of Trump was ‘True, Honest, Necessary, and Overdue’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/04/lisa-murkowski-mattis-critique-of-trump-was-true-honest-necessary-and-overdue/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 07:16:11 pm »
Like an "X" in a digital IC's Truth Table: Don't Care.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 07:49:12 pm »
Murkowski's probably still suffering flashbacks to this ...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 08:12:08 pm »

Who asked this worthless slug?

I despise these grandstanders.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 12:05:16 am »
That's OK, Lisa.  Republicans in Alaska struggled with voting for you, and voted for Joe Miller instead.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 05:15:00 pm »
Lisa Murkowski ‘Cannot Live in Fear’ of Trump Primary Threat

Sean Moran 9 Jun 2020

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) dismissed President Donald Trump’s threat to primary her on Monday, saying she cannot live in fear of the president’s Twitter account.

Murkowski recently praised former Secretary of Defense James Mattis and his attacks against Trump. Mattis said Trump was the “first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people.”

Murkowski said last week Mattis’ comments were “true, and honest and necessary and overdue.”

Asked by reporters whether she supports the president, she replied, “I am struggling with it [and] I have struggled with it for a long time.”

Murkowski told reporters Monday she continues to stand by her comments and she does not live in fear of the president’s tweets against her.

Murkowski told CNN, “I made the comments that I made. I stand by them. Again, I think it’s important that we have a president who is working to bring people together. … And tone and words matter.”

“I cannot live in fear of a tweet. That’s where I am now,” the Alaska Republican said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/09/lisa-murkowski-cannot-live-in-fear-of-trump-primary-threat/
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 12:38:43 am »
Well, didn't she lose in a Republican primary LAST time, yet still win as a write-in candidate?

She might be able to do it again, if the folks up in Alaska still have the blinders on...

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 02:19:14 am »
Well, didn't she lose in a Republican primary LAST time, yet still win as a write-in candidate?

She might be able to do it again, if the folks up in Alaska still have the blinders on...

Yep.
Murkowski's criticism was mild compared to how Joe Lieberman in 2008 flat out campaigned for McCain, spoke at the Republican Convention, and recruited Hillary Clinton's PUMA supporters for McCain. Yet, Obama encouraged Harry Reid and the Dems to forgive Lieberman because he knew that legislation is often decided by a single senate vote and he would likely need Lieberman. And, it was a fortuitous bit of foresight because without Lieberman, there would be no Obamacare.

Now, juxtapose that with the torrent of abuse Trump heaped on McCain in 2016. When Trump needed one vote for the skinny repeal of Obamacare, McCain reciprocated the vindictiveness.

Instead of learning from this, Trump seems intent on making the same mistake with Murkowski. In 2022, if Murkowski wins as an independent again, what stops her from being similarly vindictive and caucusing with the Dems?

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 02:54:32 am »
Don't do us any favors Lisa, if it's so hard for you.