Author Topic: Reports: President Trump Not Happy with Defense Secretary Mark Esper Distancing Himself over Civil U  (Read 765 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kristina Wong 3 Jun 2020

President Trump is not happy with his Defense Secretary, Mark Esper, for comments he made during a press briefing Wednesday opposing using active-duty military forces to quell violent riots across the country and distancing himself from what he called a “photo op” with Trump earlier in the week, according to reports.

Esper stated at a press conference Wednesday that he did not support using active-duty forces in a law enforcement role, just two days after the president ordered them to the capitol, warning he would use them if violence and looting continued.

“The option to use active duty forces in a law enforcement role should only be used as a matter of last resort, and only in the most urgent and dire of situations. We are not in one of those situations now. I do not support invoking the Insurrection Act,” Esper said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/03/reports-president-trump-not-happy-with-defense-secretary-mark-esper-distancing-himself-over-civil-unrest/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No public word from POTUS on this.

But I found this an interesting reminder who's CiC....

Army: Esper reverses plan to send active-duty troops home
MSN, Jun 3, 2020, Associated Press

In an abrupt reversal, Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Wednesday overturned an earlier Pentagon decision to send a couple hundred active-duty soldiers home from the Washington, D.C., region, amid growing tensions with the White House over the military response to the protests.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/army-esper-reverses-plan-to-send-active-duty-troops-home/ar-BB14ZfSq?ocid=ientp

Offline EdinVA

The option to use active duty forces in a law enforcement role should only be used as a matter of last resort, and only in the most urgent and dire of situations.   We are not in one of those situations now.
The president never ordered them sent in, only positioned as a last resort so, in espers opinion is obviously not shared with most sane Americans.
Time for a new secdef, one who understands the job...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The president never ordered them sent in, only positioned as a last resort so, in espers opinion is obviously not shared with most sane Americans.
Time for a new secdef, one who understands the job...

Yup.  Esper needs to go, because he can't be trusted to carry out lawful orders.  If he disagreed with the President he should have kept that between himself and President Trump.  Making it a press conference was his sign that he wants to be fired.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Yup.  Esper needs to go, because he can't be trusted to carry out lawful orders.  If he disagreed with the President he should have kept that between himself and President Trump.  Making it a press conference was his sign that he wants to be fired.

In 1992 troops were deployed to Lost Angeles, to deal with the riots, looting, prop damage from the Rodney King officer verdict.

Pres. then, GHW Bush

Esper should have 1. Talked privately with Trump. 2.Carried out his orders, or 3. resign then.

4. Only then, run to the media, with a draft of his book contract
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bilo

I think this is what infuriates me more than anything. It's bad enough that former admn. people run down, or don't support, Trump but current admn. people should keep their mouths shut in public.

Trump's comments and public display of walking over to the church was just what the country needed.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Absalom

Hmm.............why stop w/Esper, just fire 'em all.
Then stable genius Trump and NYC slum lord Kushner,
can dictate domestic and foreign policy.
Imagine the results? Wow!

Offline Absalom

Trump's comments and public display of walking over to the church was just what the country needed.
------------------------
Hmm...............actually it wasn't the walk; it was him holding the Book up in the air 
that made him look so Sainted. Sigh...............
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 08:28:13 pm by Absalom »

Offline DB

Hmm.............why stop w/Esper, just fire 'em all.
Then stable genius Trump and NYC slum lord Kushner,
can dictate domestic and foreign policy.
Imagine the results? Wow!

Come on. That is a firing offense. That is not how an underling should behave. He had a duty to talk to Trump about it first and not set his own policy publicly.

Trump has plenty of wreckage to dredge without creating false ones.

Offline Absalom

Come on. That is a firing offense. That is not how an underling should behave. He had a duty to talk to Trump about it first and not set his own policy publicly.
----------------------------
Agreed disloyalty certainly is, yet in this crescendo of turmoil
wouldn't it be wise for a leader to reduce rather than raise the
agita, in making another enemy???

Offline bilo

Why waste time with posters who will hate Trump no matter what.

Offline Absalom

Why waste time with posters who will hate Trump no matter what.
-------------------------------
This may stun you but I don't hate other humans.
What I'm doing is making a point, sometimes
w/sarcasm and at other times, straightforwardly.
Anyone who believes that Trump is doing average Americans
a favor w/his behavior, badly needs to get real.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 02:16:25 am by Absalom »

Offline EdinVA

It sure looked like a deliberate act to undermine the President to me, more media fodder.

Offline DB

----------------------------
Agreed disloyalty certainly is, yet in this crescendo of turmoil
wouldn't it be wise for a leader to reduce rather than raise the
agita, in making another enemy???

As far as I know Trump has said very little about it. Which if anything is unusual.

He should still be fired. He made a fundamental error that a person at that senior level of government should not make.

I can tell you any major corporation where an underling did that to the CEO publicly would already be gone.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The proper term, is "insubordination," not disloyalty
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If I were President Trump right now, I'd take my $10 BILLION, move my family to Belize and tell Americans to go eff themselves.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The proper term, is "insubordination," not disloyalty

That is correct, and the term I use to describe Esper.  He's being extremely insubordinate and never mind "firing," he needs a "Court Martial." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

If I were President Trump right now, I'd take my $10 BILLION, move my family to Belize and tell Americans to go eff themselves.

I think Trump wins big in Nov.

The economy will be strong and people will be back at work.

The majority of Americans will remember how well he handled the Wuhan Virus crisis.

The majority of Americans will remember how he called for law and order in the face of radicalized antifa burning cities and Rats acting like weaklings.

Americans will look at the Rats and what they want to do and say "hell no!".

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I think Trump wins big in Nov.

The economy will be strong and people will be back at work.

The majority of Americans will remember how well he handled the Wuhan Virus crisis.

The majority of Americans will remember how he called for law and order in the face of radicalized antifa burning cities and Rats acting like weaklings.

Americans will look at the Rats and what they want to do and say "hell no!".

If it wouldn't cause a total catastrophe I'd throw it out there that I'm thinking of not running....just to see the Dow Jones commit suicide the next day.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

You could go make the suggestion.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.