Author Topic: Rand Paul holding up quick passage of anti-lynching bill  (Read 657 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Rand Paul holding up quick passage of anti-lynching bill
« on: June 04, 2020, 05:04:12 am »

Rand Paul holding up quick passage of anti-lynching bill
By Jordain Carney - 06/03/20 06:55 PM EDT

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) acknowledged on Wednesday that he is holding up quick passage of anti-lynching legislation, saying that he wants the bill to be clarified first.

Paul told reporters that if the bill is going to pass by unanimous consent — which any one senator can prevent — "there has to be some give and take" on its language.

"We want the bill to be stronger. We think that lynching is an awful thing that should be roundly condemned and should be universally condemned. I don't think it's a good idea to conflate someone who has an altercation where they had minor bruises with lynching," Paul said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/501036-rand-paul-holding-up-quick-passage-of-anti-lynching-bill

Good on Rand.   Here he is the sole stopper of this disaster.  If all the others had their way people would be serving 10 years for cuts and bruises.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Rand Paul holding up quick passage of anti-lynching bill
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 05:09:22 am »
Don't be hasty..... :smokin:

Besides, if someone is going to get ten years for delivering cuts and bruises, wouldn't the severity of the penalty encourage them to just severely damage or kill the "victim"? Murderers get out quicker.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 05:09:42 am »
The streets are burning, our economy has been shut down by a Pandemic, and this is the shit they want to push legislatively?

Lynching?  This isn't the 1950's or earlier......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 05:37:17 am »
The streets are burning, our economy has been shut down by a Pandemic, and this is the shit they want to push legislatively?

Lynching?  This isn't the 1950's or earlier......

Same old crap.  Something happens and they have an opportunity to push the race baiting. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 04:46:47 pm »
Vagueness is a pathway for lawyers driving Agenda-Trucks.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 04:53:47 pm »
Vagueness is a pathway for lawyers driving Agenda-Trucks.

10-4.

Most of my  career was built around reading, reviewing regulations ,and implementing programs to meet those  government regulations.

There were several that I kid you not, could have provisons that could be interpreted 10 different ways.  I mean I pretty much corporate attoneys on speed-dial.  But you are right, that vagueness is built in to give the regulators, and ultimately the government enough flexibility to incur enforecement at will.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.