Author Topic: Mattis denounces Trump in blistering statement on protests  (Read 6291 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mattis denounces Trump in blistering statement on protests
« on: June 03, 2020, 11:37:31 pm »
Mattis denounces Trump in blistering statement on protests
By Rebecca Klar - 06/03/20 06:19 PM EDT

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 232011)

Former Defense Secretary James Mattis condemned President Trump for his handling of the protests over George Floyd’s death in a fiery statement released Wednesday.

“I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled,” Mattis wrote in a statement to The Atlantic.

“The words ‘Equal Justice Under Law’ are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers,” he added.

Mattis went on to slam Trump as trying to divide the American public.

“Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try,” he wrote.

DEVLOPING

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/501026-mattis-denounces-trump-in-blistering-statement-on-protests
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Mattis denounces Trump in blistering statement on protests
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 11:39:07 pm »
full article
James Mattis Denounces President Trump, Describes Him as a Threat to the Constitution
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/james-mattis-denounces-trump-protests-militarization/612640/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 11:42:06 pm »
He may be a good general but his knowledge of internal event is frankly ignorant.

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 11:59:18 pm »
But they don't want equal justice under the law.

Isn't that clear by now?

There's a group that wants to be above the law. Not comply with lawful orders. Resist arrest. To commit crime without consequence. Some of this group's top leaders, some of which are public officials, say that looting is just reparations for past deeds of dead people. That is it is justified. Where in the law is that exception for some people and not others?

Mattis just proved himself an idiot.

Ask those people who lost their live, stores and property if it was just "a few people".

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 12:05:39 am »
He may be a good general but his knowledge of internal event is frankly ignorant.

Beat me to it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 12:35:40 am »
Mattis is absolutely correct.  Good on him!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 12:53:15 am »
“I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled,” Mattis wrote to the outlet. “The words ‘Equal Justice Under Law’ are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.”

This makes me think I'm living on a different planet than Mad Dog. I too was angry and appalled (just ask my wife). While I was certainly disturbed by the video, I was more disturbed by the countless people I saw injured by the rioters, the organized lawlessness, the agitation, the outright dishonesty of a media that absolutely hates white people, the deaths and countless lives ruined, and the cynical manipulation of groups who are standing the grave of llyod george to advance pure chaos and anarchy, maybe in an attempt to sabotage the country before the Trump election.

But apparently I stand apart from much, if not most, of the country, who saw something completely different. I'm just sitting here stunned and wondering what is wrong with me? Why am I seeing things so differently from the rest of the country. Mattis was a guy I respected and this feels like a kick in the gut.

I don't know if Mattis remembers, but their were certainly many protests under Obama's leadership as well.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 12:55:56 am »

Mattis is dead wrong. This entire BLM 'movement' is built on a myth.

Try looking into the facts yourself for a change.

Or not.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 12:56:51 am by skeeter »

Online DB

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 01:02:15 am »

Absolute correct means correct on everything.

And that is absolutely not the case.

The riots and destruction weren't just a "few people". How about we start there.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 01:03:48 am »
Absolute correct means correct on everything.

And that is absolutely not the case.

The riots and destruction weren't just a "few people". How about we start there.
Protests prior to the bad cop being arrested and charged, ok. 9 days later? Hell no.

There are no riots without protests. Time to stop.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 01:04:34 am by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 01:09:12 am »

No he's not this time.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2020, 01:11:21 am »
This makes me think I'm living on a different planet than Mad Dog. I too was angry and appalled (just ask my wife). While I was certainly disturbed by the video, I was more disturbed by the countless people I saw injured by the rioters, the organized lawlessness, the agitation, the outright dishonesty of a media that absolutely hates white people, the deaths and countless lives ruined, and the cynical manipulation of groups who are standing the grave of llyod george to advance pure chaos and anarchy, maybe in an attempt to sabotage the country before the Trump election.

But apparently I stand apart from much, if not most, of the country, who saw something completely different. I'm just sitting here stunned and wondering what is wrong with me? Why am I seeing things so differently from the rest of the country. Mattis was a guy I respected and this feels like a kick in the gut.

I don't know if Mattis remembers, but their were certainly many protests under Obama's leadership as well.

Try reexamining the situation.  Thousands of people passionate for real changes.  Most of them are peaceful protesters, but the crowd has a criminal element.  That's sad but it doesn't undermine others rights to protest.  They need to arrest the bad element and support the peaceful protesters.

Try watching this
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2020/06/03/dc-protest-george-floyd-white-house/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2020, 01:16:33 am »
Is this one of those things that happen when you put a microphone in front of an azzhole?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2020, 01:26:26 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FvBtu3gB4

Lincoln project is a joke.

There are NG units specifically trained for what is going on.  That's why the NG gets called up for stuff like this.  Riot shields in the hands of NG soldiers isn't unusual except to the Liberal media.

Welcome back by the way.  Long time no see.

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 01:35:44 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FvBtu3gB4

Again, another lie. He saw what all of us saw, people looting, murdering, assaulting. It enraged him as it enraged me.

Only liars or the willfully dishonest believe he wan't to quell dissent.

He wanted to stop the riots.

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 01:39:08 am »
Most of them are peaceful protesters

You know, you say that, but then why is every time these protests turn into massive riots?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2020, 01:44:55 am »
Trump calls Mattis 'overrated' after ex-defense secretary issues scathing rebuke
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/501060-trump-calls-mattis-overrated-after-ex-defense-secretary-issues
Support the USO

Online DB

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2020, 01:46:07 am »
Try reexamining the situation.  Thousands of people passionate for real changes.  Most of them are peaceful protesters, but the crowd has a criminal element.  That's sad but it doesn't undermine others rights to protest.  They need to arrest the bad element and support the peaceful protesters.

Try watching this
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2020/06/03/dc-protest-george-floyd-white-house/

What "real change" to they expect? The simple fact of the matter is a black criminal is more likely to be killed by a black cop than a white one. Are the black cops racist too?

A riot is a riot. Looting is looting. Either those large groups of people do something about those who are using violence among them or they get swept into what those individuals are doing. How much looting do you allow and peoples livelihoods destroyed so that looters can join your protest unmolested? Do you expect the cops to analyze each individual present at the scene of a riot to figure out who goes and who stays? Once the riot starts the streets are ordered to be cleared. If you decide to stay, you are part of the riot/looting problem and should expect to be treated as such.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2020, 01:49:44 am »
Trump calls Mattis 'overrated' after ex-defense secretary issues scathing rebuke
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/501060-trump-calls-mattis-overrated-after-ex-defense-secretary-issues

Like a moth to a flame. Trump hired him, Trump fired him. What a shock, a guy you fired is now saying bad things about you.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2020, 01:58:39 am »
Most of them are peaceful protesters

You're clearly not watching the same video the rest of us are.  You're just straight up sounding like MSNBC at this point.

You and I normally agree...but you're wandering way off the reservation right now.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2020, 02:03:55 am »
You know, you say that, but then why is every time these protests turn into massive riots?

Because criminals look for opportune times to take advantage.  You have to separate protest from riot.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2020, 02:06:56 am »
You're clearly not watching the same video the rest of us are.  You're just straight up sounding like MSNBC at this point.

You and I normally agree...but you're wandering way off the reservation right now.

We do.  I respect you very much.  Your posts are always truthful and your life experience make your messages very appreciated.  But people do not always agree.  I guess this is one of those times.  I think Trump is stoking division and violence.

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2020, 02:07:00 am »
Because criminals look for opportune times to take advantage.  You have to separate protest from riot.

:shrug: It seems like there's a helluva lot of overlap to me. In the meantime a shit ton of innocent lives were ruined or even lost.

I don't buy the "they have righteous anger" crap to be honest. I think it's 99% virtue signaling.

Like I said, you, Mattis, and me must live on completely separate planets.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2020, 02:08:07 am »
Hmmm, lets review shall we....

It is already illegal to harm another person, police or otherwise,
It is already illegal to seal, loot or burn buildings,
Trump does NOT run the police departments around the country,
Trump is not the mayor of every city in the country,
Trump is not the governor of every state,
Trump has offered federal support to every governor, mayor and police department in the country and they have, for the most part refused.
So please enlighten me, how is Trump responsible for any of this again?