Author Topic: Trump pushes back against GOP senators' criticism of dispersal of protesters in Lafayette Square: 'Y  (Read 494 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump pushes back against GOP senators' criticism of dispersal of protesters in Lafayette Square: 'You got it wrong'
By Justine Coleman - 06/03/20 07:31 AM EDT

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 232011)

President Trump is pushing pushed back against Republican senators’ criticism of the dispersal of protesters from Lafayette Square across from the White House before he took photos in front of St. John’s Episcopal Church, saying in a Tuesday night tweet that they "got it wrong.”

The president specifically called out Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine), James Lankford (R-Okla.) and Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), citing an article from The Federalist, a conservative online magazine.

“You got it wrong!” Trump posted. “If the protesters were so peaceful, why did they light the Church on fire the night before? People liked my walk to this historic place of worship!”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/500851-trump-pushes-back-against-gop-senators-criticism-of-dispersal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The president specifically called out Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine), James Lankford (R-Okla.) and Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), citing an article from The Federalist, a conservative online magazine."

A trio of weak sisters...

I remember in this forum a few years' ago, there were complaints raised about using the term "RINO".

Anyone still want to contest the validity of that term now?
I'm callin' you out...!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I have no doubt that some people liked his photo op.  Lots didn't either.  I don't.  And yes, someone did try to set the church on fire, the night before.  But there are thousands of peaceful protesters who I am sure want nothing to do with the bad players.  I saw some interviews and these protest know no race. These are people of different races, age and religions coming together to say life matters.  I saw young girls 17 or 18 white in an interview and they said Trumps rhetoric is making things worse.

Trump used an incident the night before to legitimize pepper bombing and rubber bulleting a crowd so he could walk across the street and hold a Bible.  If someone shot rubber bullets at me I would throw something too.  And he is dividing people.  Pumping out his strongman rhetoric and people are going to protest that too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

I have no doubt that some people liked his photo op.  Lots didn't either.  I don't.  And yes, someone did try to set the church on fire, the night before.  But there are thousands of peaceful protesters who I am sure want nothing to do with the bad players.  I saw some interviews and these protest know no race. These are people of different races, age and religions coming together to say life matters.  I saw young girls 17 or 18 white in an interview and they said Trumps rhetoric is making things worse.

Trump used an incident the night before to legitimize pepper bombing and rubber bulleting a crowd so he could walk across the street and hold a Bible.  If someone shot rubber bullets at me I would throw something too.  And he is dividing people.  Pumping out his strongman rhetoric and people are going to protest that too.
Pfft.

You'd take the side of the Taliban if it gave you an opportunity to condemn this president.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Pfft.

You'd take the side of the Taliban if it gave you an opportunity to condemn this president.

Never, but the President did in Afghanistan.  And terrorists in Syria too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Never, but the President did in Afghanistan.  And terrorists in Syria too.

Explain?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Pfft.

You must have no shame @skeeter...to say this to another American. 

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 01:13:04 am by Once-Ler »

Offline skeeter

You must have no shame @skeeter...to say this to another American.

You are right - no shame. Now, off to your fainting couch.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You are right - no shame. Now, off to your fainting couch.
Sure I'll keep playing as long as you continue to equate American protest with terrorism.

Offline skeeter

Sure I'll keep playing as long as you continue to equate American protest with terrorism.
Hah? How’d you conclude that?

Did you receive a bimp on the head?

Offline Chosen Daughter

Explain?

Trump said he had 'very good talk' with Taliban leader amid criticism of Afghanistan peace deal
David Jackson
Deirdre Shesgreen
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – Trying to hold together a U.S.-Taliban peace deal, President Donald Trump said Tuesday he had a "very good talk" with the leader of that militant Islamic group, despite renewed threats of violence in Afghanistan.

"The relationship is very good that I have with the mullah," Trump told reporters  Tuesday during a briefing on coronavirus at the National Institutes of Health. "We had a good, long conversation today, and you know, they want to cease the violence."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/03/03/trump-said-he-talked-taliban-leader-after-afghanistan-peace-deal/4941650002/

Trump OKs $50M to aid Syria amid outrage over US military pullout, Turkish offensive

President Trump announced Saturday that he had authorized the release of $50 million in aid to human rights groups and other aid organizations in Syria in an apparent attempt to counter criticism of his pullout of U.S. forces there.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-addresses-values-voter-summit-announces-50-million-in-aid-to-syrian-christians-and-religious-minorities

In his very pompous way he declares that he is throwing money at people who used to have homes.

And I am glad you asked me to explain so I can share with you the bounty of Trumps foreign policy:

‘An insult to women’ everywhere: Afrin kidnappings prompt calls for investigation of Turkey-backed rebels

A video reportedly showing detained women inside a secret prison in Afrin has prompted further criticism of Turkey's proxy forces operating in Syria.

A video showing Kurdish women believed to have been kidnapped by a rebel group in the northern Syrian city of Afrin has renewed calls for an independent investigation of Turkey’s proxy forces operating in the region.

After deadly clashes erupted last week among various Turkey-backed factions in the city, fighters from the Jaysh al-Islam group reportedly attacked a detention center run by another Turkey-back faction, Hamza Division. Kurdish authorities say a video that emerged on social media shows eight women inside the secret prison, all of whom were abducted for ransom and found naked and abused.

“They were subjected to all sorts of immoral treatment and abuses by the notorious groups linked to Turkey," the Kurdish-led autonomous administration said in a statement. “We demand an international investigation to hold the perpetrators accountable for these violations.”

Read more: https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2020/06/syria-afrin-kidnappings-investigation-turkey-backed-rebels.html#ixzz6OMPBGJdQ

Sand and death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ONNxsSnyA

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 02:39:07 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Mod5

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Funny because you are equating rioters, looters and murderers with American protest. I believe all Americans have the right to protest........peacefully, I have seen damn little of that, what I have seen is mostly thugs out wilding, thugs of all colors and economic levels and yes I not only equate them with but call them exactly what they are domestic terrorists. As far as I'm concerned the looters should be given one warning at curfew and those that ignore the warning and loot should be shot. I suppose you consider the animal that walked up behind the police officer and shot him point blank in the back of the head to be a peaceful protester too.

Now I know that the game you love to play here is to agitate and throw verbal stink bombs but this time you really Hoover.