Author Topic: Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban to White People: ‘We Are the Ones That Need to Change’  (Read 1471 times)

Offline aligncare

Okay. Let's start by ending Affirmative Action.

AA just may be the most insidious aspect of where we find ourselves today. How many incompetents in positions of responsibility in government and the media have we witnessed just since the beginning of this year alone. Remember when excellence mattered? When the best was sought and nothing less was accepted? I miss those days of greatness in America. In the name of diversity you can’t even get the correct change at the cash register anymore.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline dancer

They'll have to prove MLK didn't plagiarize that too.
Part of it is from the book of Isaiah.

Offline Applewood

No doubt about it, Cube's is running for POTUS in 2024.

No thank you.  One reality tv star in the White House has been more than enough for me.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Okay. Let's start by ending Affirmative Action.
Right.
The change white people need to make is to stop apologizing for things they (personally) did not do.

I make no apologies for slavery because I never owned anyone.
Besides, it's been criminal to do so here for well over a century and a half.

Similarly, I will make no apologies for history.
It is what it is, monuments, warts, and all, and without it, there is no way to measure the course and progress of any culture.
So STFU and leave the statues alone.
Pigeons gotta poop, too.

Stealing is generally accepted as wrong, as is destroying something that isn't yours.
Quit telling me this incident or that one justifies either.

White people need to stop tolerating stealing and looting, stop apologizing, and insist that everyone go by the same rules--not just whining behind some microphone, but from behind riot guns and water canons.

Everyone has to go by the rules.

After all, that's what equality is about.

Should white people go into black neighborhoods and beat people and steal stuff and burn cars and houses and businesses?
You can't tell me the residents wouldn't shoot them in the street.

I believe in equality.
Come to loot and burn my neighborhood, and expect me to treat you the same as you'd treat me.

As always, doing something to someone because someone else did something (allegedly) to you, only makes for a new class of victims, with more grievances. It doesn't settle any scores, it doesn't make for right.

But, if you still gotta burn and loot, go visit the neighborhoods of those communist agitators who keep filling your heads with sh*t and hit them.

I am not one of them, so stay off my lawn.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Part of it is from the book of Isaiah.

@dancer

Which not only is acceptable, it should be expected.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

Amen and amen to that.

His last speech in Memphis in 1968 was prophetic.

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn't matter with me now, because I've been to the mountaintop.

And I don't mind.

Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!

And so I'm happy, tonight.

I'm not worried about anything.

I'm not fearing any man!

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord!!

https://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkivebeentothemountaintop.htm

Martin Luther King, Jr. was a great American.  His contribution to a better society far outweighs any shortcomings me may have had.  We all have shortcomings.  I just hope that my personal contributions over my lifetime make amends for my own mistakes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

@dancer

Which not only is acceptable, it should be expected.

Amen and amen to that.

His last speech in Memphis in 1968 was prophetic.

Martin Luther King, Jr. was a great American.  His contribution to a better society far outweighs any shortcomings me may have had.  We all have shortcomings.  I just hope that my personal contributions over my lifetime make amends for my own mistakes.

In my book Martin Luther King walked the walk and made a difference when the civil rights act of 1964 failed to make the necessary improvements in ordinary black American lives. Equality isn’t equal if a minority of citizens still had road blocks in their way to sharing in that equality. He reminded Americans of the promise that was made to us all in the Declaration of Independence before his voice was tragically silenced. He should be remembered and respected for his sacrifice and cause. It was right and just.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I can't say I never heard of Mark Cuban before... because I've seen his name here or there.

But I still don't have the faintest idea as to what he does.

Is he supposed to be someone important...?

Offline Hoodat

I can't say I never heard of Mark Cuban before... because I've seen his name here or there.

But I still don't have the faintest idea as to what he does.

Is he supposed to be someone important...?

Just another rich elitist Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online dfwgator

Mark Cuban has to keep his black players happy, that's why he says these things.

Offline goatprairie

Mark Cuban has to keep his black players happy, that's why he says these things.
:thumbsup: See my previous post.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Bullshit. He has to keep his white paying customers happy. By keeping his black players happy.

Bullshit.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Night Hides Not

...and to remain viable culturally, in preparation for his run for President in 2024. He loves those photo ops.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
...and to remain viable culturally, in preparation for his run for President in 2024. He loves those photo ops.

Hopefully his AH-ish snark on Shark Tank will turn off enough voters early on.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

Bullshit. He has to keep his white paying customers happy. By keeping his black players happy.

Bullshit.
If he has a losing team, no white customers. That's why keeping black players, who win championships, makes his craven kowtowing to the thug crowd necessary.

Offline Idiot

Warner Todd Huston 2 Jun 2020

Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban has a message for white people when it comes to race relations in America.

In a Tuesday tweet, Cuban insisted that it is “white people” who “need to change.”

“Dear White People,” he tweeted, “We are the ones that need to change. This is not one man’s story. This is almost every black man’s story. Which is why the problem is ours. We need to find OUR way to change what we do. There is no quick fix. It’s a moral imperative.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/02/mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-to-white-people-we-are-the-ones-that-need-to-change/
Give all of your danged white privileged money away then!  Talk is cheap....