Author Topic: Stocks could repeat March troubles if Trump sends in the military, warns top economist  (Read 780 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stocks-could-repeat-march-troubles-if-trump-sends-in-the-military-warns-top-economist-2020-06-02?mod=home-page

<snipit>
Our call of the day, from Tim Duy, an economics professor at the University of Oregon, warns that stocks may run into trouble if we see troops on the streets of America.

“The best-case scenario is that the riots soon revert to continuous, massive, but peaceful protests. The worse-case scenario is that President Donald Trump acts on his threat to use military force to end the riots,” writes Duy in his influential Fed Watch blog.

“Aside from the obvious additional damage to the nation’s social fabric, widespread use of military force domestically would I suspect inflame the situation further, worsen consumer activity, and slow the progress of recovery,” he says.
==================================================================================

Some truth to the economist observation, but we as conservatives have to ask....   Do we allow the likes of Antifa/BLM to hold our economy hostage?  Appeasment will only result in repeat.  Rewarding bad behavior begets more bad behavior. We are close to day of reckoning, and I for one am willing accept a little more pain, if we can squish these bugs once and for all.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Another noted "economist" agrees:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

So it's better if we let the country be burned to the ground?

Offline Hoodat

Stocks could repeat March troubles if Trump sends in the military, warns top economist

Top economist?  I took more undergrad economics courses than did this guy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

I was actually surprised the recent riots didn't seem to affect the market at all, at least for Monday and Tuesday.  Let's see what happens today.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Pre-market Futures are up 250 or so.  Bell rings in a few minutes.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 01:37:03 pm by catfish1957 »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Pre-market Futures are up 250 or so.  Bell rings in a few minutes.
This has been a tough resilient market, so far through almost a week of rioting.  Part of the reasoning is market conditons of bonds, CD's, real estate, and everything else that is unattractive.  I think part of the problem is a situation of being boxed into few options.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This has been a tough resilient market, so far through almost a week of rioting.  Part of the reasoning is market conditons of bonds, CD's, real estate, and everything else that is unattractive.  I think part of the problem is a situation of being boxed into few options.

I think a lot of the stocks are still considered "underpriced," so there's more room for growth.  That said, some industries will be very slow to return.  The Hospitality sector may not return to the numbers they had before until some time next year.  It appears home building and existing homes sales are doing better than expected, and we just had a much better than expected May jobs report.  They were expecting another 20 Million more unemployed, and it was only a tenth of that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

Looks like the Dow is up again as of a few minutes ago.  Excellent!

Offline catfish1957

Looks like the Dow is up again as of a few minutes ago.  Excellent!

Updated May jobs report just came out, and were shockingly good.  There are more and more signs daily this is going to be a "V" shaped recovery, to the dimocratic party's chagrin.

Offline Idiot

Updated May jobs report just came out, and were shockingly good.  There are more and more signs daily this is going to be a "V" shaped recovery, to the dimocratic party's chagrin.
Thank you LORD!

Offline Applewood

Dow up 489 points and change as of 2:35 pm.  S&P and Nasdaq up in smaller numbers, of course, as well.