Author Topic: 'I am outraged': DC bishop denounces Trump's church visit after police clear protesters with tear ga  (Read 4991 times)

Offline aligncare

But he said he was on the side of peaceful protesters?!?

Everytime I read your posts, I want to read another @Chosen Daughter .   :seeya:

They weren’t peaceful according to the statement released by the park service police who had to sweep the place of hammer wielding “protesters.”

Date: June 2, 2020

The United States Park Police (USPP) is committed to the peaceful expression of First Amendment rights. However, this past weekend’s demonstrations at Lafayette Park and across the National Mall included activities that were not part of a peaceful protest, which resulted in injuries to USPP officers in the line of duty, the destruction of public property and the defacing of memorials and monuments. During four days of demonstrations, 51 members of the USPP were injured; of those, 11 were transported to the hospital and released and three were admitted.

Multiple agencies assisted the USPP in responding to and quelling the acts of destruction and violence over the course of the weekend in order to protect citizens and property.

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park.  At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

You’re both liars  @Once-Ler  @Chosen Daughter  your alliance with the violent rioters, arsonists and anarchists attacking secret service and park police is disgusting. You both sicken me.

Offline skeeter

They weren’t peaceful according to the statement released by the park service police who had to sweep the place of hammer wielding “protesters.”

The United States Park Police (USPP) is committed to the peaceful expression of First Amendment rights. However, this past weekend’s demonstrations at Lafayette Park and across the National Mall included activities that were not part of a peaceful protest, which resulted in injuries to USPP officers in the line of duty, the destruction of public property and the defacing of memorials and monuments. During four days of demonstrations, 51 members of the USPP were injured; of those, 11 were transported to the hospital and released and three were admitted.

Multiple agencies assisted the USPP in responding to and quelling the acts of destruction and violence over the course of the weekend in order to protect citizens and property.

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park.  At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

You’re both liars  @Once-Ler  @Chosen Daughter  your alliance with the violent rioters, arsonists and anarchists attacking secret service and park police is disgusting. You both sicken me.

The lies are stomach turning.

According to the Park Service there was no tear gassing prior to Trump's walk to St John's. If that were not so I'm sure someone would have video.

Offline aligncare

According to the Park Service there was no tear gassing prior to Trump's walk to St John's. If that were not so I'm sure someone would have video.

Fantastical liars. Neither have any sense of irony when they attack the president who is trying to bring order and restore our civil society.

Violence is NOT protest. Arson is NOT protest. Destruction of our treasured monuments is NOT protest.

CNN’s propaganda, notwithstanding.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump can hardly take a leak in DC without outraging some snowflake. bleep this guy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@aligncare

There it is! 888high58888
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@skeeter

Define "prior". Let's say,for example,that the park police cleared the parasites out of the park 15 minutes before Trump made that walk. IF that is so,then it COULD be TRUTHFULLY said that "there was no tear gassing prior to Trump's walk to St.Johns."

Kinda like Bubba's truthful statement,"that all depends on what the meaning of the world "is" is."

BTW,I personally consider that walk to be THE most boneheaded move of his presidency. He HAD to know that DC Church Chick is a left-wing loon,and most likely a lesbian,and that he would get ZERO positive feedback from it.

It accomplished nothing positive,and gave the left and their running dog lackeys the excuse they needed to go after him.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Define "prior". Let's say,for example,that the park police cleared the parasites out of the park 15 minutes before Trump made that walk. IF that is so,then it COULD be TRUTHFULLY said that "there was no tear gassing prior to Trump's walk to St.Johns."

Kinda like Bubba's truthful statement,"that all depends on what the meaning of the world "is" is."

BTW,I personally consider that walk to be THE most boneheaded move of his presidency. He HAD to know that DC Church Chick is a left-wing loon,and most likely a lesbian,and that he would get ZERO positive feedback from it.

It accomplished nothing positive,and gave the left and their running dog lackeys the excuse they needed to go after him.

I think we can assume by now, @sneakypete, that the larger population expects the rat media's lunatic anti Trump spin for every damn thing the man does and summarily discounts it as static. The signal came through loud and clear.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think we can assume by now, @sneakypete, that the larger population expects the rat media's lunatic anti Trump spin for every damn thing the man does and summarily discounts it as static. The signal came through loud and clear.

@skeeter

Well,the Anti-Trumpers  love to pretend they are shocked and outraged over headlines like "Trump takes a nap!",but we all know they are drama queens that are wetting themselves with joy at the thought of going after the "Anti-Bush" yet one more time.

I am considering referring to Trump as "President "Anti-Bush" Trump in  the future to keep their blood pressure up.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 01:56:23 pm by sneakypete »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@skeeter

Well,the Anti-Trumpers  love to pretend they are shocked and outraged over headlines like "Trump takes a nap!",but we all know they are drama queens that are wetting themselves with joy at the thought of going after the "Anti-Bush" yet one more time.

I am considering referring to Trump as "President "Anti-Bush" Trump in  the future to keep their blood pressure up.

@sneakypete
Well, Pete there are some of us, who have no problem being critical when the guy makes a mistake, and believe me he does.

But OTOH....   AT this very moment ....  look at the streets.....  WE ARE AT WAR.  Time to circle the wagons, fight back, and do our best to destroy the left in a unified manner.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

@skeeter

Please reconsider. You said it yourself, sneaky. No matter what the president says or does, it’s reported as a negative. Trump is not about to play defense with liars, that’s not in his calculus. He’s gonna do what he thinks is right, liars be damned.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@skeeter

@sneakypete

I acutally view it a little different.  Look at it this way...   Leftist BLM/Antifa attack and almost destroy a 200 year old historic church basically acrossed the street from the WH.  Antifa in their philosphy is pro-communist, anti-capitalism, and anti- religion

Trump's appearance over there was purely symbolic, and actually a great move to show Antifa  they're attempts to destroy symbols of our freedoms just won't work.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

You sicken me.  6:30 PM was when they started gas bombing and shooting people with rubber bullets.  Disperse people so that Trump could walk across the street and hold up his Bible.  There are many reports in even Conservative news sources that say the protests were peaceful all day. 

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 02:05:59 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Please reconsider. You said it yourself, sneaky. No matter what the president says or does, it’s reported as a negative. Trump is not about to play defense with liars, that’s not in his calculus. He’s gonna do what he thinks is right, liars be damned.

@aligncare

My very first thought,virtually as it was happening,is "WOW! What a boneheaded mistake! WTF was he thinking?"

And I haven't changed my mind.

There is fighting back,and there is giving your enemy ammo. He gave them ammo when he did that.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
There are many reports in even Conservative news sources that say the protests were peaceful all day.
So all that footage of yesterday's violence there was a stage production?  What's gotten into you?

Offline Chosen Daughter

The truth will come out.  If you reward peaceful with violence what do you expect?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

@aligncare

My very first thought,virtually as it was happening,is "WOW! What a boneheaded mistake! WTF was he thinking?"

And I haven't changed my mind.

OK, but consider there are many others who deeply appreciated the gesture and what it symbolized.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So all that footage of yesterday's violence there was a stage production?  What's gotten into you?

@catfish1957

"I'll take insanity for 100 dollars,please!"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
OK, but consider there are many others who deeply appreciated the gesture and what it symbolized.

@skeeter

It symbolized that it was safe for a old white guy to walk 100 yards or so if he had a couple of hundred heavily armed bodyguards lining the route he was walking.

Offline aligncare

You sicken me.  6:30 PM was when they started gas bombing and shooting people with rubber bullets.  Disperse people so that Trump could walk across the street and hold up his Bible.  There are many reports in even Conservative news sources that say the protests were peaceful all day.

Should have been live fire, then at least you’d have something to talk about. I hope the rubber bullets hurt, the pepper spray stung, and the flash bangs scared the shit out of your precious rioters.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Nothing has gotten into me.  I am just as pissed off at people promoting violence, defacing buildings, looting.  But you can't send a mixed message.  Say in one minute you support peaceful protest and the next minute start gassing people for a photo Op.

If its not true I apologize, but some are trying to protest peacefully.  Bad players are there.  This can only get much worse if we can't separate lawless from lawful protest.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

It symbolized that it was safe for a old white guy to walk 100 yards or so if he had a couple of hundred heavily armed bodyguards lining the route he was walking.
Well, no but thats OK.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Nothing has gotten into me.  I am just as pissed off at people promoting violence, defacing buildings, looting.  But you can't send a mixed message.  Say in one minute you support peaceful protest and the next minute start gassing people for a photo Op.

If its not true I apologize, but some are trying to protest peacefully.  Bad players are there.  This can only get much worse if we can't separate lawless from lawful protest.

Come on....   The tear gassing was debunked yesterday, and is old news.  The Park Services offically stated so.  And OTOH, you are against our leader providing symoblic leadership by standing  in front of a target that Antifa FAILED to destroy?

Wow, just wow.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 02:16:24 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Chosen Daughter

Should have been live fire, then at least you’d have something to talk about. I hope the rubber bullets hurt, the pepper spray stung, and the flash bangs scared the shit out of your precious rioters.

It seems debatable whether this crowd was protesters or rioters.  If I am wrong I apologize but you don't shoot people with rubber bullets and gas people who are not committing crimes.

Offline skeeter

It seems debatable whether this crowd was protesters or rioters.  If I am wrong I apologize but you don't shoot people with rubber bullets and gas people who are not committing crimes.
If even you grant that you might be wrong, and you are, why not just resist commenting?