Author Topic: 'I am outraged': DC bishop denounces Trump's church visit after police clear protesters with tear ga  (Read 4993 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
You prefer he hold up the quran?

Jesus isn't an authoritarian.  That is why we have freedom of religion.  Because Jesus says it is our choice to follow Christ.  I don't agree with Islam and if followed true to the Quran it establishes law that is inconsistent with our Constitution.  It is a forced religion in much of the world. 

There are many, many religions.  I don't believe in any except my own Christian faith based on Biblical Truth.  But everyone is afforded choice in this Country as long as it doesn't take others freedoms away.

John 3:16 The Pure Word

Because God has loved in such a manner the Satan's world, so that he Gave His Son, the Only Begotten Risen Christ in order that whoever is Continuously by his choice Committing for the result and Purpose of Him, should not perish, but definitely should, by his choice, be Continuously Having Eternal life 

Trump standing there with his Bible was stupid.  Lip service on his down time from his hateful destructive tweets.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

So what are they protesting again?  Does anyone really know?
When has any left wing mob required a reason to ‘protest’?

Offline Hoodat

So what are they protesting again?  Does anyone really know?

Basically, you have a lot of white liberals out there who experience feelings (←key word) of guilt based on a concept called "white privilege".  This concept of "white privilege" emanates from empathy for the inferiority of blacks, and the need for a superior (i.e. white) advocate to champion their cause.  It is egregiously condescending to the inferior victim class (i.e. blacks) who really don't need white people advocating for them since they are perfectly capable of advocating for themselves.

The effect of this is to enforce a permanent underclass stigma for blacks with a patronizing reminder that black lives matter (as if people didn't already know that).

Of course these same white liberals would be grossly offended if someone was constantly reminding them that white lives matter.  But they know deep down that black people are different.  So they do the only thing they know how to do to assuage their own feelings of guilt for their superiority - they patronize.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

John 3:16 The Pure Word

Because God has loved in such a manner the Satan's world, so that he Gave His Son, the Only Begotten Risen Christ in order that whoever is Continuously by his choice Committing for the result and Purpose of Him, should not perish, but definitely should, by his choice, be Continuously Having Eternal life 

Trump standing there with his Bible was stupid.  Lip service on his down time from his hateful destructive tweets.

Have you ever read John 3:17?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I was referring to the man in the video.  His narrative was complete unadulterated BS.  Trump gave the order to round up 'Peaceful Protesters'©, tear gas them, shoot them with rubber bullets, and beat the shit out of them?  Seriously?  You really believe this crap? 

Yes.  I saw the video.  I thought you had also.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hblX9QwPDaw

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) in a statement: "There is no right to riot, no right to destroy others’ property, and no right to throw rocks at police. But there is a fundamental — a Constitutional — right to protest, and I’m against clearing out a peaceful protest for a photo op that treats the Word of God as a political prop."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzAmBTYt-I
GOP Sen. Lankford on President Trump’s church photo-op.

I'm all for arresting rioters, and terrorists.  I think our Constitution allows for peaceful protest even it it is inconvenient.  What say you?

Maybe someone had the foresight to pick up one of those rubber bullets and hand it over to a reporter.  Maybe someone can provide a copy of their medical record showing the treatment they received right after having the crap beat out of them.  Or maybe the testimony of someone who actually got tear gassed describing the effects of CS and how those effects differed from pepper blasts.  But no, we don't get any of those.   All we get is the same old impassioned testimony of someone who wasn't even there, but can recite the opposition account of this event verbatim.

Just curious, did you happen to read the account from Chief Monahan of the US Park Police?

I didn't, but I saw hundreds of protesters at Lafayette Park.  Were they all terrorist?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 02:24:36 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Hoodat

Yes.  I saw the video.  I thought you had also.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hblX9QwPDaw

Watched it.  Other than the claims being repeated yet again (See Logical Fallacies:  Begging the question),  I did not see a single account of tear gas being fired, rubber bullets being shot, or anyone having the shit beat out of them.  I also find it odd to see these three-second video clips, but nowhere can we find the entire video to examine the context.  Coincidence?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Still waiting.  Can anyone produce a rubber bullet picked up off the ground or stuck in someone's clothing?  Anyone got an X-ray showing broken bones or torn ligaments from having the shit beat out of them by Park Police?  Any medical records detailing symptoms of CS exposure to anyone at Lafayette Park at 6:33 on Monday?  Anyone?

And lastly, where is the video?  Dozens of cameras rolling, but not a single uninterrupted video account of the encounter.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Watched it.  Other than the claims being repeated yet again (See Logical Fallacies:  Begging the question),  I did not see a single account of tear gas being fired, rubber bullets being shot, or anyone having the shit beat out of them.  I also find it odd to see these three-second video clips, but nowhere can we find the entire video to examine the context.  Coincidence?
Right.  You watched it and the smoke at 1:20 is just a dude with an awesome vape kit.   :thumbsdown:

Offline Hoodat

Right.  You watched it and the smoke at 1:20 is just a dude with an awesome vape kit.   :thumbsdown:

Smoke is not tear gas.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

Have you ever read John 3:17?

Of course I have.

For the sake of not typing using NIV from Bible Gateway

John 3:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

There was this lady talking to reporters.  She had a swelling on her face from rubber bullets and her eyes and around eyes were obviously irritated by the Pepper.  She said she had more marks from the rubber bullets and she was protesting peacefully.

Offline Idiot

There was this lady talking to reporters.  She had a swelling on her face from rubber bullets and her eyes and around eyes were obviously irritated by the Pepper.  She said she had more marks from the rubber bullets and she was protesting peacefully.
When you protest with a MOB....there are risks involved.  She knew the risks.  Tough toenails...……...

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/2/21278559/tear-gas-white-house-protest-park-police

Video is Reuters.  I can't post it here, but the Presidential storming of St John's church starts at 28:20.  You're welcome.

When you protest with a MOB....there are risks involved.

Not if you're protesting with the "Fine People" of Charlottesville.

Offline Hoodat

Of course I have.

Just checking.  Most of the time when I hear someone cite John 3:16, they stop reading right there, not finishing the chapter.  The part about those who hate the light and run from it lest their deeds be exposed is quite poignant.

Now, back to that statement by the Chief of the Park Police.  How do you reconcile his statement with the narrative you have been pushing here? 

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/2/21278559/tear-gas-white-house-protest-park-police

Video is Reuters.  I can't post it here, but the Presidential storming of St John's church starts at 28:20.  You're welcome.

Here's the headline:  US Park Police denies using tear gas on peaceful protesters. Evidence suggests otherwise.

Conspicuously absent from the article is that evidence.  In fact, the story even concedes the point that CS (a.k.a. tear gas) wasn't used, but then conveniently redefines pepper blasts as "tear gas".  Go figure.

So again, no evidence that tear gas was used.  No rubber bullets.  No one had the shit beat out of them.  No one.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I made it through the first few minutes of the action.  I didn't see a single instance of tear gas being employed, rubber bullets being shot, or anyone getting the shit beat out of them.   But I did see several frozen bottles of ice being thrown at police.  Thanks Reuters for affirming the official Park Police statement

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Here's the headline:  US Park Police denies using tear gas on peaceful protesters. Evidence suggests otherwise.

Conspicuously absent from the article is that evidence.  In fact, the story even concedes the point that CS (a.k.a. tear gas) wasn't used, but then conveniently redefines pepper blasts as "tear gas".  Go figure.

So again, no evidence that tear gas was used.  No rubber bullets.  No one had the shit beat out of them.  No one.

Only the deceiving video perceived through your lying eyes, like the video of the police officer gently subduing George Floyd.

Offline Hoodat

Only the deceiving video perceived through your lying eyes, like the video of the police officer gently subduing George Floyd.

Again, no evidence that tear gas was used.  No rubber bullets.  No one had the shit beat out of them.  No one.

Show me a rubber bullet.  Show me a used tear gas canister.  Show me a medical report.  Show me anything.  Until then, I don't believe the narrative I am being given, even more so now than before since you actually provided a video showing protesters throwing frozen ice bottles at police.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

Basically, you have a lot of white liberals out there who experience feelings (←key word) of guilt based on a concept called "white privilege".  This concept of "white privilege" emanates from empathy for the inferiority of blacks, and the need for a superior (i.e. white) advocate to champion their cause.  It is egregiously condescending to the inferior victim class (i.e. blacks) who really don't need white people advocating for them since they are perfectly capable of advocating for themselves.

The effect of this is to enforce a permanent underclass stigma for blacks with a patronizing reminder that black lives matter (as if people didn't already know that).

Of course these same white liberals would be grossly offended if someone was constantly reminding them that white lives matter.  But they know deep down that black people are different.  So they do the only thing they know how to do to assuage their own feelings of guilt for their superiority - they patronize.

:thumbsup:

Bullseye. Perfectly stated.  :beer:

Again, no evidence that tear gas was used.  No rubber bullets.  No one had the shit beat out of them.  No one.

Show me a rubber bullet.  Show me a used tear gas canister.  Show me a medical report.  Show me anything.  Until then, I don't believe the narrative I am being given, even more so now than before since you actually provided a video showing protesters throwing frozen ice bottles at police.

I gave you timestamps for 2 videos but you can't see the smoke.   :shrug:

We see two different MAGAs

Offline skeeter

I gave you timestamps for 2 videos but you can't see the smoke.   :shrug:

We see two different MAGAs
I’m admiring all that peaceful American protesting in all those lovely colors.

Offline Hoodat

I gave you timestamps for 2 videos but you can't see the smoke

I saw the smoke.  which makes sense because the Park Police stated that they used smoke canisters.  However, there is zero evidence of tear gas.  None.  Zip.  Nada.  Even your story concedes that.  which is why it chose to redefine pepper burst as "tear gas".

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The police set parameters for peaceful protests, especially those near and around the White House.

Forget the caches of bottles and bats and poles stored along the park across from the WH and on the avenues leading to it .... when you're told to move back and you don't, you're no longer protesting peacefully.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 03:56:22 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
OK, to refresh my memory I glanced at the original topic post and can see the troll has played out.  Locked.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: