Author Topic: 'I am outraged': DC bishop denounces Trump's church visit after police clear protesters with tear ga  (Read 4992 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
POLITICS
'I am outraged': DC bishop denounces Trump's church visit after police clear protesters with tear gas
Jeanine Santucci
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — The bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington condemned President Donald Trump on Monday for his visit to St. John's Episcopal Church near the White House after law enforcement officers used tear gas to clear protesters from the area.

"Let me be clear: The president just used a Bible, the most sacred text of the Judeo-Christian tradition, and one of the churches of my diocese without permission as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything that our churches stand for," Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde told CNN.

"And to do so... he sanctioned the use of tear gas by police officers in riot gear to clear the church yard. I am outraged," Budde said.

Budde is the bishop of the Episcopal Diocese Washington, overseeing more than 80 Episcopal congregations, including St. John's. She is the first woman to serve in her position.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/06/01/mariann-edgar-budde-slams-trump-church-visit-after-george-floyd-protesters-tear-gassed/5313842002/

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/church-white-house-speech-fire/2020/06/01/id/970055/

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/500576-trump-mobilizes-military-in-dc-to-quell-protests-as-tear-gas-fired
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 05:44:39 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Trump is giving the election to Biden.  If Biden wins its entirely because of Trump.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump is giving the election to Biden.  If Biden wins its entirely because of Trump.

Do you realize how many times war and battle is mentioned in the Bible?

Or how how many wars have been raged on its behalf in the judeo-christian era alone?

Or how Anitfa is a Godless pro-communist manifesto(d) philosphy , who if truth be known, is at war with us?

Go ahead and give credibility to this left leaning Archbishop and the commie rag USA Today.....  I often agree with you here, but you are WAAAAAY off base this time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Go ahead and give credibility to this left leaning Archbishop and the commie rag USA Today.....  I often agree with you here, but you are WAAAAAY off base this time.

Yeah, I get the feeling this lady is just a leftist pawn in a dying church that left Christ centerness years ago.... Now all they own is a lot of prime real estate and little else including sway in anything I value opinion wise.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

"Let me be clear: The president just used a Bible, the most sacred text of the Judeo-Christian tradition, and one of the churches of my diocese without permission

The Pharisee has spoken.

BTW, the Bible is not part of a "tradition.  And no one needs your permission to visit a church.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Or how how many wars have been raged on its behalf in the judeo-christian era alone?

Or how Anitfa is a Godless pro-communist manifesto(d) philosphy , who if truth be known, is at war with us?

Agreed. Chosen daughter, you just lost me.

Offline Applewood

I keep hearing the protesters who were gassed were "peaceful."  Maybe, maybe not.  But were they allowed in that particular area?  I thought they weren't.  In any event, if they were told to move and didn't, then they brought the tear gas on themselves. 

And as for Trump and his photo-op -- well, it is election season and this sort of thing impresses his base.  I don't like it, but that's Trump, the entertainer. 

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
POLITICS
'I am outraged': DC bishop denounces Trump's church visit after police clear protesters with tear gas
Jeanine Santucci
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — The bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington condemned President Donald Trump on Monday for his visit to St. John's Episcopal Church near the White House after law enforcement officers used tear gas to clear protesters from the area.

"Let me be clear: The president just used a Bible, the most sacred text of the Judeo-Christian tradition, and one of the churches of my diocese without permission

How DARE he? Who does he think he is,her?

Obviously,she is the only one allowed to use the Bible,and this sort of thing could cut into her fund-raising.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

I stand by my words.  Its obvious the Bishop is a left leaning phony.  What I said is that Trump is giving Biden the election.  He is. 

His display was phony too.  The “When I drink my little wine … and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed,” Christian trying to hold up that Bible awkwardly with no words is as phony as George Floyds fake bill.  The ink was running.  What was the purpose?

Just answer what the purpose, and what it served?  It provided fuel for the liberals.  That's it, and they will use it heavily.  Good Job Trump.

And unless someone can prove those protesters were violent then the President just gassed peaceful protesters.  The ones he said he thought had the right to assemble.  That's a score for Biden big time.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 01:52:01 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I stand by my words.  Its obvious the Bishop is a left leaning phony.  What I said is that Trump is giving Biden the election.  He is. 

His display was phony too.  The “When I drink my little wine … and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed,” Christian trying to hold up that Bible awkwardly with no words is as phony as George Floyds fake bill.  The ink was running.  What was the purpose?

Just answer what the purpose, and what it served?  It provided fuel for the liberals.  That's it, and they will use it heavily.  Good Job Trump.

You would not accept an explanation if it were served up on a silver platter, so why bother?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

You would not accept an explanation if it were served up on a silver platter, so why bother?

You could try.  Because the entire nation is probably trying to figure out what that was about.  Especially if there was violent protesters he should have been in the bunker instead of walking across the street for a fake photo shoot.

Offline skeeter

The Pharisee has spoken.

BTW, the Bible is not part of a "tradition.  And no one needs your permission to visit a church.

This Bishop is as much a Christian as was Anton Lavay. Who else is unwelcome in "her" Diocese?

Then I consider who is her Pope. Things really are coming unglued.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 01:56:38 pm by skeeter »

Offline skeeter

You could try.  Because the entire nation is probably trying to figure out what that was about.  Especially if there was violent protesters he should have been in the bunker instead of walking across the street for a fake photo shoot.

He could try, but its clear to most of us its a waste of time to try reason with progressive ideologues.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 02:03:24 pm by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

Could even be worse if this is true

Authorities also expelled at least one Episcopal priest and a seminarian from the church's patio.

“They turned holy ground into a battleground,” said the Rev. Gini Gerbasi.

Gerbasi, who serves as rector at a different Saint John’s Episcopal Church in Georgetown, arrived at St. John’s Lafayette earlier that day with what she said were at least 20 other priests and a group of laypeople. They were organized by the Episcopal Diocese of Washington to serve as a “peaceful presence in support of protestors.”

The volunteers and clergy offered water, snacks, and hand sanitizer to demonstrators who were gathered in Lafayette Park across the street — which sits directly in front of the White House — to denounce racism and police brutality following the death of George Floyd.

But sometime after six in the evening, when volunteers were packing up supplies, Gerbasi said police suddenly began to expel demonstrators from the park — before the 7:00 pm curfew announced for Washington residents earlier in the day.

“I was suddenly coughing from the tear gas,” she said. “We heard those explosions and people would drop to the ground because you weren't sure what it was.”

The Rev. Glenna J. Huber, the rector of the Church of the Epiphany who was at St. John's but left as the National Guard arrived, said she watched as police rushed into the area she had just fled. Concerned, the priest sent a frantic email to clergy at the church urging them to be careful.
Back at St. John's, Gerbasi said she was dressed in clerical garb and standing on church grounds as police approached.

“I’m there in my little pink sweater in my collar, my gray hair up in a ponytail, my reading glasses on, and my seminarian who was with me — she got tear gas in her eyes,” she said.

Gerbasi said as she and the seminarian watched, police began to expel people from the church patio.

“The police in their riot gear with their black shields and the whole bit start pushing on to the patio of St. John's Lafayette Square,” she said, adding that people around her began crying out in pain, claiming to be shot with non-lethal projectiles.

Gerbasi and others eventually fled the scene, leaving emergency medical supplies behind. By the time she reached K street several blocks away and checked her phone, Trump was already in front of the church holding a Bible.

“That's what it was for: to clear that patio so that man could stand in front of that building with a Bible,” said Gerbasi.

https://religionnews.com/2020/06/02/ahead-of-trump-bible-photo-op-police-forcibly-expel-priest-from-st-johns-church-near-white-house/

Offline Chosen Daughter

This Bishop is as much a Christian as was Anton Lavay. Who else is unwelcome in "her" Diocese?

Then I consider who is her Pope. Things really are coming unglued.

I thought she might be a Richard Grenell kind of Christian.

Offline skeeter

I thought she might be a Richard Grenell kind of Christian.

Good one. BTW when are you gonna drop the charade?

Offline Chosen Daughter

He could try, but its clear to most of us its a waste of time to try reason with progressive ideologues.

I wouldn't be the first to say that Trump is the progressive.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You could try. 

BTDT.  No thanks.  I didn't even get a lousy T-shirt.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

Not everyone in the White House was thrilled with the church photo op.
One senior aide was exuberantly telling friends the photograph of him holding a Bible in front of the church that had been attacked by vandals was an “iconic” moment for the president.

But a senior White House official told Axios that when they saw the tear gas clearing the crowd for Trump to walk to the church with his entourage: “I’ve never been more ashamed. I’m really honestly disgusted. I’m sick to my stomach. And they’re all celebrating it. They’re very very proud of themselves.”

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2020/06/ive-never-ashamed-im-really-honestly-disgusted-im-sick-stomach/

Offline Hoodat

But a senior White House official told Axios that when they saw the tear gas clearing the crowd for Trump to walk to the church with his entourage: “I’ve never been more ashamed. I’m really honestly disgusted. I’m sick to my stomach. And they’re all celebrating it. They’re very very proud of themselves.”

Ah, the ubiquitous anonymous "senior white house official".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I wouldn't be the first to say that Trump is the progressive.

I wouldn't be the first to say that you parrot progressive propaganda.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

I also feel the Bible and church display was unnecessary for the speech. But that’s probably minor in the minds of the public versus all the looting, shooting, killing and burning

This bishops outrage is trivial at this moment
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

Now it happened on another Sabbath, also, that He entered the synagogue and taught. And a man was there whose right hand was withered.  So the scribes and Pharisees watched Him closely, whether He would heal on the Sabbath, that they might find an accusation against Him.  But He knew their thoughts, and said to the man who had the withered hand, “Arise and stand here.” And he arose and stood.  Then Jesus said to them, “I will ask you one thing: Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy?”  And when He had looked around at them all, He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And he did so, and his hand was restored as whole as the other.  But they were filled with rage, and discussed with one another what they might do to Jesus.

Luke 6:6-11

Sound familiar?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

POLITICS
Jeanine Santucci
USA TODAY

"Let me be clear: The president just used a Bible, the most sacred text of the Judeo-Christian tradition, and one of the churches of my diocese without permission as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything that our churches stand for," Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde told CNN.

"And to do so... he sanctioned the use of tear gas by police officers in riot gear to clear the church yard. I am outraged," Budde said.

Budde is the bishop of the Episcopal Diocese Washington, overseeing more than 80 Episcopal congregations, including St. John's. She is the first woman to serve in her position.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/06/01/mariann-edgar-budde-slams-trump-church-visit-after-george-floyd-protesters-tear-gassed/5313842002/

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/church-white-house-speech-fire/2020/06/01/id/970055/

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/500576-trump-mobilizes-military-in-dc-to-quell-protests-as-tear-gas-fired
Sweetheart....  You do realize that the rioters/terrorists did try to burn down the church right?  I see no problem with a photo op....  Good for Trump!  You are a lunatic.....