Author Topic: Omar says some protestors 'felt terrorized by the presence of tanks,' National Guard  (Read 502 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Omar says some protestors 'felt terrorized by the presence of tanks,' National Guard
By Justine Coleman - 05/31/20 09:51 AM EDT

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) said on Sunday that while some Minneapolis residents felt safer with National Guard troops on city streets after demonstrations over the police-involved death of George Floyd turned violent, others “felt terrorized by the presence of tanks” while protesting.

“I think last night, the community did feel safe to know that there will not be a burning of their businesses and their homes,” she said on ABC’s “This Week.” “We are obviously worried and feeling terrorized about that prospect.”

But, she added, there were “also many people who chose to demonstrate and not abide by the curfew, who felt like they also were terrorized by the presence of tanks, by the presence of the National Guard and a militarized police.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/500322-omar-says-some-protestors-felt-terrorized-by-the-presence-of-tanks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

But, she added, there were “also many people who chose to demonstrate and not abide by the curfew, who felt like they also were terrorized by the presence of tanks, by the presence of the National Guard and a militarized police.”

So she's giving cover to avowed admitted law breakers (breaking curfew), Sorry b___, if they were scared of the tanks....   terrorist rioting isn't for amateurs. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

There is nothing redeeming about this terrorist. I have to assume the same is true of those who will return her to congress.

Offline EdinVA

First, they are not protesters....
Secondly, they are no more terrorized than the people they are attacking..
Thirdly, simple solution, go home...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You can't make this shit up.

Online libertybele

There is nothing redeeming about this terrorist. I have to assume the same is true of those who will return her to congress.

Even if she was to be defeated, there's another one just like her waiting in the wings --- and the same idiots will vote them in.  I don't like to see all the chaos going on, but MN voted for their incompetent mayors and governor.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Boo effin' hoo, Ilhan.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The answer is of course AOC to abide by the law.  Then you don't have to fear right?  Isn't that what you took a vow to do?  Uphold the laws?

Anybody abiding by curfew and having non violent protests have nothing to worry about.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online mountaineer

The answer is of course AOC to abide by the law.  Then you don't have to fear right?  Isn't that what you took a vow to do?  Uphold the laws?

Anybody abiding by curfew and having non violent protests have nothing to worry about.
That's the sad thing: the "squad" squawkers all took an oath to protect and defend the U.S. Constitution. Recent comments by Omar, AOC and Pressley, especially, make it all too clear how little respect they have for that document.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 08:42:53 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

That's the sad thing: the "squad" squawkers all too an oath to protect and defend the U.S. Constitution. Recent comments by Omar, AOC and Pressley, especially, make it all too clear how little respect they have for that document.

I agree.  I think our government is in grave danger.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I agree.  I think our government is in grave danger.

And it ain't because of you-know-who.  Wise up.  This shit's been developing for a whole lot longer than he had an orange gleam in his eye, and the sooner you figure that out, the better.

Adjust your targeting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Tanks? There were M1 or M60 tanks present?

Precise speech aside, whatever vehicles MNG had, if the rioters and looters were "intimidated", that was pretty much the point. The MNG troops were not there to have some sort of "fair fight" with the rioters and looters, but to vastly overmatch them.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Chosen Daughter

And it ain't because of you-know-who.  Wise up.  This shit's been developing for a whole lot longer than he had an orange gleam in his eye, and the sooner you figure that out, the better.

Adjust your targeting.

If you know who say's or does things that are unconstitutional and contrary to oath he took I will make it known.