Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: All hell is breaking loose across America Part 2  (Read 8216 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: LIVE THREAD: All hell is breaking loose across America Part 2
« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2020, 07:39:00 pm »
Applewood wrote:
"But I might understand a little of the mindset of a business owner whose instinct tells him to defend his livelihood.  Many people pour their entire life savings into a business.  Business insurance unfortunately won't cover all the losses and with their own money gone, these owners won't have enough to start over."

OK, folks, here's a Fishrrman almost-fearless prediction:
In the wake of this anarchy and destruction, watch insurance companies either:
- refuse to insure businesses against damage that results from riots or anarchy
or, in lieu of that...
- raise such coverage to VERY high rates.

Or... simply refuse to offer insurance to businesses in distressed areas at all.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #276 on: May 31, 2020, 07:39:34 pm »
@sneakypete

I get what you're saying about it not worth one's life to take on a mob trying to destroy a business and you are right.  But I might understand a little of the mindset of a business owner whose instinct tells him to defend his livelihood.  Many people pour their entire life savings into a business.  Business insurance unfortunately won't cover all the losses and with their own money gone, these owners won't have enough to start over. And if the owner could somehow pull enough money together to rebuild, he will undoubtedly find insurance either hard to come by or so expensive, he won't be able to afford it. 

@Applewood

I understand and agree with every word you wrote,but you MUST put the welfare of your family ahead of your ego,and dead husbands and fathers contribute nothing to the family but grief.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #277 on: May 31, 2020, 07:39:58 pm »
In olden days if someone stole your horse they'd be hanged.  I see no difference here.....

That's right. Sometimes you have to draw a hard line.
The minute someone does, all this will go away.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #278 on: May 31, 2020, 07:40:27 pm »
@sneakypete

I get what you're saying about it not worth one's life to take on a mob trying to destroy a business and you are right.  But I might understand a little of the mindset of a business owner whose instinct tells him to defend his livelihood.  Many people pour their entire life savings into a business.  Business insurance unfortunately won't cover all the losses and with their own money gone, these owners won't have enough to start over. And if the owner could somehow pull enough money together to rebuild, he will undoubtedly find insurance either hard to come by or so expensive, he won't be able to afford it. 

This sort of chit is why I strongly believe we have to press our elected officials to get off their fat fannies and use whatever resources are available to hunt down, apprehend and prosecute those who are behind these riots.  This stuff has been going on for decades -- at least as far back as the 1960s -- and enough is enough.  Maybe it's Soros or drug cartels, perhaps whole nations which regard the US as the enemy.  Maybe it's enemies we don't even recognize.  Maybe it's all of the above.  But whoever or whatever is behind these riots has to be brought to justice.

It cannot be emphasized enough that this entire travesty has been delivered to us on a plate by today's Democrat Party.  It was the leader of that party who lectured business owners with "You didn't build that."  The official Democrat position is that the gains of these businesses morally belong to everyone else and are there for the taking.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #279 on: May 31, 2020, 07:41:05 pm »
In olden days if someone stole your horse they'd be hanged.  I see no difference here.....

@mypotatohead

I do. These ain't olden days. Nobody had insurance on their horse.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #280 on: May 31, 2020, 07:41:35 pm »
From the "why am I surprised" department:

Twin Cities mayors, Minnesota governor walk back comments about out-of-state protesters

St. Paul, Minn., Mayor Melvin Carter (D) on Saturday evening walked back his comments from earlier in the day claiming that “every single person” who was arrested Friday night from protests over the killing of George Floyd was from out of state.

Carter said in a joint press conference with Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey (D) and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) that the information he had received regarding the arrests made in St. Paul on Friday night was inaccurate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/500301-st-paul-mayor-mn-governor-walks-back-out-of-state-arrest

Horse puckies.  I guess they got a dressing down from their party because their comments don't fit the meme that these "protests" are spontaneous, grassroots events by local poor blacks tired of being picked on by the man. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #281 on: May 31, 2020, 08:05:27 pm »
That's right. Sometimes you have to draw a hard line.
The minute someone does, all this will go away.
That's why I'm not shedding a tear for the rioters in Brooklyn who were nudged - not run over - by a police cruiser. Had the cops stayed at a stop instead of proceeding as they did, the thugs would have smashed the windows and caused serious injury. Boo hoo, so they got bumped. Big deal.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

« Reply #282 on: May 31, 2020, 08:12:32 pm »
That's why I'm not shedding a tear for the rioters in Brooklyn who were nudged - not run over - by a police cruiser. Had the cops stayed at a stop instead of proceeding as they did, the thugs would have smashed the windows and caused serious injury. Boo hoo, so they got bumped. Big deal.

That's right. And there are plenty of non-lethal means at the cops disposal... They want a fight - Give em one. And make it hurt. Next time, they will think twice.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #283 on: June 01, 2020, 03:20:55 am »
Tik Tok is said to have be an app, from China,  picked up by young people for a small "social media" option

The scene of rioting, burning, looting in Los Angeles, was multi-racial, NOT blacks only.

How many of the outside agitators, graduate students from China, are part of an effort to destabilizethe US?

The Wuhan China virus

AG Barr stated outside influence.

Is Antifa, actually an instrument of International Communism?

Ask yourself about John Brennan
The other crowd in the streets, the anti-fascists during the Wiemar Republic,were Communists.
This action is right out of their playbook, right down to 'protesting for' and defacing buildings 'for' BLM.

BLM is being played, and will get blame for things they didn't do. That doesn't mean they should do them because they will get blamed, it means (horror of horrors) they need to apprehend the suspects, turn them in to police, provide evidence, and basically go against all the 'hood' training to not snitch. Their neighborhoods, their futures depend on this unless they want to fester in pools of perpetual victimhood.
The lady who was calling them out on defacing the building is a mite sharper than the average bear.

Watching riot videos,I kept seeing awful light skinned folks breaking things and stealing (looting).
Once that starts, it's like a dam broke.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #284 on: June 01, 2020, 03:27:42 am »
The other crowd in the streets, the anti-fascists during the Wiemar Republic,were Communists.
This action is right out of their playbook, right down to 'protesting for' and defacing buildings 'for' BLM.

BLM is being played, and will get blame for things they didn't do. That doesn't mean they should do them because they will get blamed, it means (horror of horrors) they need to apprehend the suspects, turn them in to police, provide evidence, and basically go against all the 'hood' training to not snitch. Their neighborhoods, their futures depend on this unless they want to fester in pools of perpetual victimhood.
The lady who was calling them out on defacing the building is a mite sharper than the average bear.

Watching riot videos,I kept seeing awful light skinned folks breaking things and stealing (looting).
Once that starts, it's like a dam broke.

It's time for ALL people to stand together united; the enemy has descended upon this country to divide us and to bring this country down. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #285 on: June 01, 2020, 03:30:44 am »
@mypotatohead

I do. These ain't olden days. Nobody had insurance on their horse.

Normal insurance does not pay for damages caused by civil unrest.

The people who loose their businesses/property aren't going to collect anything from insurance.

If they don't have the means to start over - they won't.

Online libertybele

« Reply #286 on: June 01, 2020, 03:36:58 am »

The people who loose their businesses/property aren't going to collect anything from insurance.

Not true.  Most standard insurance policies cover civil unrest.  Standard homeowners policies will cover damage to the property caused by fire, an explosion, a riot or civil commotion, vandalism or malicious mischief. This would include coverage to the structure of the home, as well as any personal possessions.

I also looked at my homeowner's policy -- insured for direct physical loss to the property caused by the following perils ... riot or civil commotion...businesses are covered similarly.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 03:46:35 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #288 on: June 01, 2020, 03:46:50 am »
It's time for ALL people to stand together united; the enemy has descended upon this country to divide us and to bring this country down.
Precisely. The battle lines will be drawn, ultimately, on a spiritual/philosophical basis, within out borders. All else will be moot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #289 on: June 01, 2020, 03:47:48 am »
That's right. And there are plenty of non-lethal means at the cops disposal... They want a fight - Give em one. And make it hurt. Next time, they will think twice.
Cops got tough in Atlanta last night. Tonight all is well.

Of course two unfortunate cops got sacrificed for being too mean by their virtue signaling chief.

Online libertybele

« Reply #290 on: June 01, 2020, 03:51:10 am »
Hey, all!  Everybody's on Thread 3!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,403758.0/topicseen.html

Wow ... somehow I drifted onto Thread 2 -- way past bedtime....yeppers....and on that note.  Praying that we won't need a day 4.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #291 on: June 01, 2020, 04:02:11 am »
Wow ... somehow I drifted onto Thread 2 -- way past bedtime....yeppers....and on that note.  Praying that we won't need a day 4.

Well, it was still stickied...our fault.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

« Reply #292 on: June 01, 2020, 05:09:05 am »
Not true.  Most standard insurance policies cover civil unrest.  Standard homeowners policies will cover damage to the property caused by fire, an explosion, a riot or civil commotion, vandalism or malicious mischief. This would include coverage to the structure of the home, as well as any personal possessions.

I also looked at my homeowner's policy -- insured for direct physical loss to the property caused by the following perils ... riot or civil commotion...businesses are covered similarly.

https://usinsuranceagents.com/riot-terrorism-and-civil-disorder-insurance/

And businesses are treated differently than home owners policies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #293 on: June 01, 2020, 10:35:07 am »

@DB

Why would anyone with a business in or near a ghetto that has anything worth losing NOT buy riot insurance?

If you really want to get this to stop,have everyone buy riot insurance,and I can guarantee you that after the first riots and pay-outs,the mega-buck insurance companies (virtually all of them) WILL put mega-pressure on the political leadership to crack the whip and nip that stuff in the bud the next time it starts to happen.

Money speaks,and nobody speaks louder to city governments than insurance companies.