Author Topic: DC mayor pushes back on Trump: Police will 'always protect' the city  (Read 571 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
DC mayor pushes back on Trump: Police will 'always protect' the city
By Morgan Gstalter - 05/30/20 11:56 AM EDT

Excerpt:

Multiple law enforcement organizations were present on Friday night as officers pushed back on protesters in Lafayette Park, including Secret Service, U.S. Park Police and D.C. police, according to The Washington Post.

The president also claimed without evidence that protesters in D.C. were “professionally organized” but said that anyone who had managed to jump the fence would have been “greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons.”
Bowser said there were no dogs or ominous weapons.

“There is just a scared man. Afraid/alone,” she wrote, referring to Trump, who said he watched the entire protest.
The mayor called on the city of D.C. to “exercise great restrain even while this President continues to try to divide us,” encouraging voters to head to the polls in November.

She concluded her response by quoting the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.: “It is no longer a choice, my friends, between violence and nonviolence. It is either nonviolence or nonexistence.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/500263-dc-mayor-pushes-back-on-trump-police-will-always-protect-the-city

So the question is who's report is the truth?  Were DC police on the scene or not?  Is Trump using his twitter for fake news?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

So the question is who's report is the truth?  Were DC police on the scene or not?  Is Trump using his twitter for fake news?

I don't know about this incident, but I believe Trump is right about one thing.  These protests (riots) are well organized and well financed by outsiders.  Who they are and where they get the money are things that should have been investigated a long time ago.  Seems to me if Trump wanted to do something, he would have his lapdog, Bill Barr, get some kind of investigation going.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I don't know about this incident, but I believe Trump is right about one thing.  These protests (riots) are well organized and well financed by outsiders.  Who they are and where they get the money are things that should have been investigated a long time ago.  Seems to me if Trump wanted to do something, he would have his lapdog, Bill Barr, get some kind of investigation going.

I do believe that too.  Its just an extension of Obama and his policies to promote race divide and violence.  My question was only about whether it was true that DC police were not dispatched to help.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

Ferguson ...

... Baltimore ...

... Minneapolis ... Just a few recent examples that contradict Doh! Mayor's politicized false claim. I didn't even have to list the many cities' police not protecting people and property during Antifa riots.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Indications are that the protesters and agitators did, indeed come from elsewhere.
It's an old playbook.
We saw this in my childhood in the '60s when local blacks related to my mother that agitators had come into the community to try to incite violence against local whites by local blacks (So. MD). They also related that they'd 'sent them boys back to DC' (where the agitators had come from) because "We ain't never had no problems with our white folks."

Within a couple years, however the FBI was arresting a student at the High School (roughly 25 miles away, but the closest), for running with H.Rap Brown, Stokely Carmichael, and Eldridge Cleaver in connection with the riots in Cambridge, MD. The High School was embroiled in racial unrest (okay, riots) for the two years I went there, until I got a chance to go to a private school.

The play is to send in professional agitators to incite the youth (most malleable--empty minds can be stuffed with all sorts of garbage, especially if no prior morality or sense of history exists, something schools have virtually guaranteed).  Anger enables stupidity, hence opportunities for most anything good are destroyed in these fits of anger, especially in their own neighborhoods, often guaranteeing that those opportunities will be lost.

Thus begins the vicious circle of resentment for not having opportunity in the neighborhood, blaming those who will not rebuild there, when they were burned out and no one in their right mind would go back to that environment.

But overall, it is manipulated by outside interests, much as "environmental" lawsuits and protests are brought (with one or two local 'poster children') by outside interests to stop industrial development, force schools to change mascots, whatever, using the system created to address legitimate grievances against America.
(Over 90% of those arrested in conjunction with the Standing Rock DAPL protests were from out of State, protesting a pipeline that did not cross tribal land.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Well, well, well.

Barr blames 'far-left extremist groups' for 'antifa-like tactics' during George Floyd protests

Attorney General William Barr said on Saturday it appears that "many places" across the United States are seeing violent protests spurred by "anarchic" and "far-left extremist groups."

During a brief public appearance at the Justice Department, he said these agitators are using "antifa-like tactics” and that many of them are traveling from out of state to participate in the protests. Barr, who did not take any questions, noted that such individuals could be committing federal crimes and asserted that authorities will be enforcing the law.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/barr-blames-far-left-extremist-groups-for-antifa-like-tactics-during-george-floyd-protests

So Barr knows what the problem is.  When is he going to do something about it?

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, well, well.

Barr blames 'far-left extremist groups' for 'antifa-like tactics' during George Floyd protests

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/barr-blames-far-left-extremist-groups-for-antifa-like-tactics-during-george-floyd-protests

So Barr knows what the problem is.  When is he going to do something about it?
Meet them at the airports with U/C guys who act like they want to join up...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not one Metro cop was to be found as a mob chased a Fox news crew from the WH  --- for two damn blocks!

The mayor kept her police away from the WH.

You effed up big time, Ms. Mayor. 

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 09:51:37 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's time to declare Antifa a terrorist group, and start going after them.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Applewood asks:
"So Barr knows what the problem is.  When is he going to do something about it?"

Why can't the antifa groups be infiltrated, as was done with the KKK of old?
I can't believe this hasn't been done.
Then again, perhaps it has, but if so nothing seems to have come of it yet.

Offline Applewood

Find and follow the money trail.  These riots (not protests anymore) are well financed.  If the money trail can be located, following it may lead us to whoever or whatever is behind it all. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

Find and follow the money trail.  These riots (not protests anymore) are well financed.  If the money trail can be located, following it may lead us to whoever or whatever is behind it all.

If it did have a trail to drug cartel maybe the president would give designating them as terrorist organization a second thought.

Online Hoodat

If it did have a trail to drug cartel maybe the president would give designating them as terrorist organization a second thought.

Mexican Cartels ‘Will Be Designated’ as Terrorist Organizations, Says President Trump
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

Offline Smokin Joe

It's time to declare Antifa a terrorist group, and start going after them.
Exactly.

C S Lewis