Author Topic: Chief Justice John Roberts Sides with Liberal Justices as Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Restricti  (Read 638 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chief Justice John Roberts Sides with Liberal Justices as Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Restrictions on Religious Services

Charlie Spiering 29 May 2020

The Supreme Court on Friday night ruled in favor of coronavirus restrictions on religious services in California in a 5-4 decision.

Chief Justice John Roberts sided with the four liberal justices to side with California’s legal argument that they had the right to shut down or limit religious services.

The decision came as thousands of protesters around the country gathered to protest the death of George Floyd, after a police officer in Minneapolis subdued him by kneeling on his neck for several minutes.

Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel A. Alito Jr., Neil M. Gorsuch, and Brett M. Kavanaugh voted against.

In his dissent, Kavanaugh argued that “comparable secular businesses” such as supermarkets, stores, hair salons, and marijuana dispensaries were not subject to the same restrictions as churches.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/29/chief-justice-john-roberts-sides-with-liberal-justices-as-supreme-court-rules-in-favor-of-restrictions-on-religious-services/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Good ole johnny, the gift that keeps on giving...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Yep, the ultimate swing voter that suspicously seems to be that way on critical close decisons.  I'll leave the innuendo out, but........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

I thank W for this gift.

With Johnny on the bench we really need Notorious RGBs seat.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This putz rewrote an unconstitutional bill to okay it.
Why would anyone think the Constitution would be upheld by him?

People, you still have the Right, it came from a higher Judge.
It's unalienable.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis