Author Topic: Van Jones: It’s not the KKK we have to worry about, it’s ‘the white, liberal Hillary Clinton support  (Read 355 times)

rangerrebew

Van Jones: It’s not the KKK we have to worry about, it’s ‘the white, liberal Hillary Clinton supporter’

John SextonPosted at 2:41 pm on May 29, 2020

Van Jones appeared on CNN this morning to offer his thoughts on the event in Minneapolis last night. He was pretty direct about his feelings and tried to direct some of his comments toward his “white friends” and white people in general.

“We’re seeing a curtain pulled back,” Jones said. He continued, “I think that’s the hardest thing for my white friends to understand, well intentioned, well intentioned, is that this is every day. Black people being choked off from dignity, from opportunity, from humanity, from understanding from empathy.”

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/05/29/van-jones-not-kkk-worry-white-liberal-hillary-clinton-supporter/

rangerrebew

This is so extraordinary as to leave me to not know what to say. :pondering:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Yes,  white folks are extremely sympathetic.  What happened to George Floyd was murder,  as the State of Minnesota has now charged the thug who asphyxiated him.   

Floyd was stopped for allegedly trying to pass a bogus 20 dollar bill.   But what he should have doing is earning an honest living,  which he was doing before his "nonessential" job was taken from him along with 40 million others.   

A lot of white folks could have had that cop's knee pressed against their necks too.

But sympathy will be forgotten if provocateurs use this as a pretext to loot and burn the property of innocents.  And if the authorities allow them to.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:55:40 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Somewhere I read or heard that a huge fraction of those arrested, came from somewhere else; outside instigators, etc.

Somewhere else I read or heard that Antifa was present stirring up matters.

Team BLM with Antifa, capitalizing on this very timely crisis, and Saul Alinsky couldn't have written a better plot.

Then look before that, to Karl Marx,, Lenin,Trotsky and realize the historical roots for have been in place to "Never let a crisis goto waste," and "By any means Necessary."

Have Wm. J. Clinton, H. Clinton, Obamas, Hiden Biden, Kamala, Eliz. Warren, Pelosi, Chuck, etc. pleaded for an end to the violence?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Yes,  white folks are extremely sympathetic.  What happened to George Floyd was murder,  as the State of Minnesota has now charged the thug who asphyxiated him.  

You might want to get a copy of the preliminary autopsy report.  Initial reports say otherwise.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

Unfortunately, Van Jones is right that people of color are treated differently because of their color.  Two examples:

I lived in a small town north of Houston.  We had a black sheriff's deputy.  He was a fine man and owned a very expensive sport car.  He told me every time he went to Houston and was driving on the north toll way around Houston, he was always stopped by Houston cops.  They did not believe a black man could own such a car - he must have stolen it.  He would show them his badge and they would laugh and let him go.  How would you feel if you knew the cops were going to stop you every time you drove your car?

Another one:
I taught English to a Spanish Priest.  This was about one year ago.  He told me, he goes to a certain hospital to see our church people who are ill.   This hospital is in a high class white neighborhood.  He gets stopped by a cop, different ones, every time he goes there, because he is not white.  The cop stops him, sees his Priest collar, and lets him go.
How would you feel if you knew you were going to be stopped when you drove your car, because you are not white?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
You might want to get a copy of the preliminary autopsy report.  Initial reports say otherwise.

This case is quite similar to that, of Kelly Thomas, who died at the hands of multiple police officers in Fullerton Calif.

A jury found in favor of the cops. A highly controvertial case. Thoma's father himself was retired LEO.

The 1992 Simi Vally verdict in favor of the cops, in the Rodney King beating, was the cause for the 1992 Riots.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This case is quite similar to that, of Kelly Thomas, who died at the hands of multiple police officers in Fullerton Calif.

A jury found in favor of the cops. A highly controvertial case. Thoma's father himself was retired LEO.

The 1992 Simi Vally verdict in favor of the cops, in the Rodney King beating, was the cause for the 1992 Riots.

This whole mess is a lose-lose for all.  Anything less than Murder 1 will not appease the rioters.  And IMO, his actions didn't a warrant Murder 1 charge.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

The cause of the riots wasn't the verdict, so much as the highly edited videotape that cut out everything leading up to that beating. I'm not saying the cops were right, but there was a lot more to the story.
By biasing the story to foment unrest and hatred, the media get my vote for being a very large contributor, framing the picture that supposedly justified the rioting.

We're no strangers to this sort of media editing, and it's so commonplace now, we rarely even notice.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This whole mess is a lose-lose for all.  Anything less than Murder 1 will not appease the rioters.  And IMO, his actions didn't a warrant Murder 1 charge.
The rioters will not be appeased. Force will have to be used, or this will continue as planned. Then the force will become a grievance in itself.

There have been riots and buildings burned, businesses destroyed and looted, far from Minneapolis. Even across the river, in St. Paul, where the police had nothing to do with the incident in question, the (former) NAACP chairman is questioning why her town is being looted and burned over something that happened elsewhere.

People who have no legitimate grievance locally are being agitated by outside agents to loot and burn their own neighborhoods far away from this incident, with predictable results.
We saw this in the 1960s in particular.

https://www.nber.org/digest/sep04/w10243.html
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis