Author Topic: Iraq Christians fear future holds ‘total extinction,’ ISIS resurgence  (Read 419 times)

rangerrebew

Iraq Christians fear future holds ‘total extinction,’ ISIS resurgence

Emily Judd, Al Arabiya English Sunday 23 February 2020

When ISIS took over the Nineveh plains in northern Iraq in 2014, terrorized Christian residents fled in fear of their lives.

Six years later, despite liberation from ISIS, many Christians have not returned home and are leaving Iraq altogether - prompting concern that Christianity’s 2,000 year presence in the country could be under threat.

A 1987 government census listed 1.4 million Christians in Iraq, but following the outbreak of war, ISIS, and continuing political instability in the country, Christians now number around 200,000, according to the Center for the Study of Global Christianity.

As numbers decrease “rapidly,” Iraqi Christian Maryam Binyamen said she feels hopeless.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/features/2020/02/23/Iraq-Christians-fear-future-holds-total-extinction-ISIS-resurgence

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
No, Mr. President ISIS is not defeated.  And extremism grows in the ME.  No, not defeated but Christianity is being defeated in the ME. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 08:25:51 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
With islam's increasing aggressiveness towards non-muslims (aside: one wonders how much more it can "increase"), there's no future for Christians in muslim countries -- not any more than there is "a future" for Jews in those places.

Their best -- their only -- option is to get out while they still can.

I see no other possible alternative.

rangerrebew

Their best -- their only -- option is to get out while they still can.

And go where?  Eurabia?  Canada?  The US?  Russia?  China?  These people are not welcome anywhere? :0001: