Author Topic: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/29/george-floyd-died-police-restraint-combined-health/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push

Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy
By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Friday, May 29, 2020

George Floyd died Monday from a combination of preexisting health conditions exacerbated by being held down by Minneapolis officers, not from strangulation or asphyxiation, based on the medical examiner’s initial report.

Preliminary findings from a Tuesday autopsy conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation,” according to the criminal complaint filed Friday against former officer Derek Michael Chauvin.

“Mr. Floyd had underlying health conditions including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease,” said the complaint from the Hennepin County Attorney. “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death.”

The Minneapolis police officer fired earlier this week was charged Friday with third-degree murder and manslaughter after kneeling on Mr. Floyd’s neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds. Video showed he was unresponsive for the last 2 minutes and 53 seconds.

More at URL above...

Offline skeeter

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 01:17:01 am »
Oh boy here we go.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 01:19:30 am »
The family of George Floyd is bringing in Dr. Michael Baden to do an independent autopsy. I don't blame them.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-george-floyd-family-planning-private-autopsy-20200529-bbsavwmqwzc6zb6dmczf5jdrhy-story.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 01:20:47 am »
Oh boy here we go.

You are so right...

George Floyd family enlists Dr. Michael Baden to perform second autopsy
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,403570.msg2219879/topicseen.html#msg2219879
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 01:21:09 am »
 :2popcorn:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 01:26:35 am »
They can say anything they want to. They can bring in any expert they want to.

The dead guy was subdued. When he became unresponsive, at least one of those officers should have had the guts...professionalism...to do a better thing.

But they didn't.

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 01:30:06 am »
Looks like this is a preliminary report and not the final one.  Somehow though this layman can't  imagine that Mr. Floyd's health issues and intoxication were the primary cause of his death.  Contributing factors?   Perhaps.  But if someone is standing or kneeling on a person's neck, seems to me the resulting cutoff of oxygen would be the killer, no matter what that person's health condition or sobriety situation is. 

Well, let's see what the final result will be.  Maybe it will change.  Or maybe Dr. Baden will have better insight.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 01:33:34 am »
But if someone is standing or kneeling on a person's neck, seems to me the resulting cutoff of oxygen would be the killer, no matter what that person's health condition or sobriety situation is. 

@Applewood
That simply is not true. I know by experience. Mis-administration of that hold position would break a neck far before airway obstruction became a factor.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 01:35:33 am »
@Applewood
That simply is not true. I know by experience. Mis-administration of that hold position would break a neck far before airway obstruction became a factor.

True. From a medical standpoint. That really isn't the issue.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Applewood

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 01:39:53 am »
@Applewood

Ok.  As I said, I'm a layman -- what do I know?

But there was a case some years ago in Pittsburgh -- a man died after a policeman stood on his neck.  Story was, the man was gasping for air and saying, "I can't breathe."  I had heard afterwards this method of restraint was going to be outlawed nationwide because it was too dangerous.  Maybe I was wrong and it's still in use in Minnesota.  I don't know -- just seems too dangerous to me.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 01:41:04 am »
Died of COVID-19. 22222frying pan
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2020, 01:53:50 am »
Died of COVID-19. 22222frying pan

#1 on the Billboard Charts.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2020, 01:58:51 am »
Ok.  As I said, I'm a layman -- what do I know?

But there was a case some years ago in Pittsburgh -- a man died after a policeman stood on his neck.  Story was, the man was gasping for air and saying, "I can't breathe."  I had heard afterwards this method of restraint was going to be outlawed nationwide because it was too dangerous.  Maybe I was wrong and it's still in use in Minnesota.  I don't know -- just seems too dangerous to me.

I have twice been subjected, with very much prejudice, and air was never the problem. Primarily, it staples you down... Similar to sitting on the head of a cow or a horse. Secondly it is a pain hold... the cop leans in a bit, and you will wish you were dead. It hurts like a holy terror. Settle down, and the cop lets up, and so long as you don't struggle, everything is fine.

As in this case - Watch closely when the man lifts his head a bit... his neck moves up... he ain't being bolted down hard.

Two cops I know gave me the same observation, and granted, these are cops, so you can suppose where the bias is... Both said it was a textbook swarm to subdue him, with the guy remaining on his head to keep him down.

Evidently the cops called for EMT very early on, so they knew he was having problems... The speculation being that he was probably being kept immobilized to keep him from further harming himself... Fairly typical with crack zombies, as an instance given... That is why he would remain on post until the EMT arrival. Neither one considered the situation to be out of the ordinary, to include the neck hold, with the exception of the failure to render aid.

And I would agree with that... I think the cop has to answer for that failure to render aid.

That jibes with reports that the guy was lit, and fought getting put in the car. The ensuing struggle would leave him exactly as he was, waiting for the bus.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2020, 02:01:04 am »
The family of George Floyd is bringing in Dr. Michael Baden to do an independent autopsy. I don't blame them.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-george-floyd-family-planning-private-autopsy-20200529-bbsavwmqwzc6zb6dmczf5jdrhy-story.html

I don't either, but even if the first one is correct it is murder.  He said he couldn't breath.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2020, 02:06:13 am »
True. From a medical standpoint. That really isn't the issue.

I take it you are speaking from experience too...  happy77

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2020, 02:11:25 am »
I don't either, but even if the first one is correct it is murder.  He said he couldn't breath.

If he said it, he was breathing. I think he was experiencing heart failure.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2020, 03:10:12 am »
If he said it, he was breathing. I think he was experiencing heart failure.

I take it you are speaking from experience too...  happy77

Right on both, FWIW. My point is that when this man became unresponsive the pressure should have stopped. It didn't. And that is why I cry foul.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2020, 03:12:42 am »
Right on both, FWIW. My point is that when this man became unresponsive the pressure should have stopped. It didn't. And that is why I cry foul.

Watch him when his head lifts up... His neck comes up a little too... He ain't nailed down.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2020, 03:26:18 am »
Watch him when his head lifts up... His neck comes up a little too... He ain't nailed down.

He ain't nailed down. But his body movements aren't in line with any resistance.

On the bystander vid when the paramedics show up and check his pulse. My sound systems can't quite hear it. Or I can't hear it. But it "sounds" like it is a no go.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2020, 03:32:53 am »
He ain't nailed down. But his body movements aren't in line with any resistance.

On the bystander vid when the paramedics show up and check his pulse. My sound systems can't quite hear it. Or I can't hear it. But it "sounds" like it is a no go.

Yeah, I agree... Failure to render aid. He oughta be called on the carpet for that.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2020, 03:48:44 am »
Yeah, I agree... Failure to render aid. He oughta be called on the carpet for that.

There is a deeper part of this. I haven't been to Minneapolis. But countrywide there are LEO's who are saying they won't comply to official mandates. At least in flyover country. Anyone who is following this "pandemic" which is just about everyone knows in one form or fashion things will come to a head.

One of the most under-reported news is the news. Think about it. Type in a few keywords and see who is reporting U.S. news. It isn't the U.S. news media. And the U.S news isn't reporting world news even if it is the SOS.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2020, 03:58:34 am »
Some old school Canadian spect.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2020, 08:35:11 pm »
There is a deeper part of this. I haven't been to Minneapolis. But countrywide there are LEO's who are saying they won't comply to official mandates. At least in flyover country. Anyone who is following this "pandemic" which is just about everyone knows in one form or fashion things will come to a head.

One of the most under-reported news is the news. Think about it. Type in a few keywords and see who is reporting U.S. news. It isn't the U.S. news media. And the U.S news isn't reporting world news even if it is the SOS.

Yeah, but in the places that is mainly happening, the Sheriff's got their 6, even if the mayor don't.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2020, 08:38:38 pm »
Ever since the OJ trial everyone thinks they are lawyers and that the camera tells them all they need to know.
How do we put the Justice back into the Judicial System?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2020, 08:45:38 pm »
Ever since the OJ trial everyone thinks they are lawyers and that the camera tells them all they need to know.
How do we put the Justice back into the Judicial System?

Start with innocent until proven guilty.
I know, weird, huh?