Author Topic: Biden says he had a conversation with George Floyd's family  (Read 390 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden says he had a conversation with George Floyd's family
By Julia Manchester - 05/29/20 03:33 PM EDT

Former Vice President Joe Biden (D) revealed in an address to supporters on Friday that he spoke with the family of George Floyd, the Minneapolis African American man killed during a police arrest.

The former vice president referred to them as a "close, decent, honorable family."

"We need justice for George Floyd," Biden said in the live-streamed address Friday.

"We need real police reform, to hold cops to a higher standard that so many of them actually meet, that holds bad cops accountable and repairs relationships between law enforcement and the community they're sworn to protect," he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/500165-biden-says-he-had-a-conversation-with-george-floyds-family
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Biden says he had a conversation with George Floyd's family
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 08:08:55 pm »
When asked by a reporter what they talked about Biden said, who?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 08:08:59 pm »
Oh goodie ... Super Joe flying in to rescue the Black man!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 08:10:03 pm »
Never let a crisis go to waste.  Pimp the circumstances of this family as a campaign prop.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 08:37:42 pm »
Biden said he had conversation with the family.  No one can do that better than Joe Biden.  On his first days as a US Senator, before he was sworn in, his wife and one yr. old daughter were killed in a car accident and two sons were critical in the hospital.  Plus, a few years ago, one of those sons died of brain cancer.  I have heard him speak of these tragic events and how he dealt with it and heard him speak to others who lost family.

He can be all bad things one says about him politically, but not in the loss of family.
I am glad he talked to them.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 10:59:35 pm »
When asked by a reporter what they talked about Biden said, who?
"Yeah, Pink Floyd, man. They're the tops."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 11:06:36 pm »
Biden said he had conversation with the family.  No one can do that better than Joe Biden.  On his first days as a US Senator, before he was sworn in, his wife and one yr. old daughter were killed in a car accident and two sons were critical in the hospital.  Plus, a few years ago, one of those sons died of brain cancer.  I have heard him speak of these tragic events and how he dealt with it and heard him speak to others who lost family.

He can be all bad things one says about him politically, but not in the loss of family.
I am glad he talked to them.

If his motives were purely to extend sympathy and compassion towards the family, I'd say yes, but this was a calculated political move on his part.  He has to make up for his "you ain't black" gaffe.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 11:36:27 pm »
His wife and daughter were killed in a car wreck, which is quite sad, no question about that.

Too bad Joe proceeded to lie for several decades about the other driver - falsely accusing him of driving drunk. Joe's not a very nice guy. It's fair to question his motives.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 12:00:47 am »
His wife and daughter were killed in a car wreck, which is quite sad, no question about that.

Too bad Joe proceeded to lie for several decades about the other driver - falsely accusing him of driving drunk. Joe's not a very nice guy. It's fair to question his motives.

Yeah, for many decades he was the quintessential politician. All talk, all the wrong actions.

Offline mortarman

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 09:42:32 pm »
My question is was the meeting arranged through slimy bambulance chaser Bennie Crump?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.