Author Topic: BREAKING>>Officer Derek Chauvin who pinned George Floyd taken into custody  (Read 2475 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't think anyone, including me, is arguing the actions of the police officer(s) did not contribute to Floyd's death.  They did---and a legal price should, and will, be paid.

But this doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't ask questions.

For instance, I would like to know if there's additional video we've not seen and what MN officers are trained to do in such situations.  Does training and policy require officers to cease activities and request immediate medical intervention?  Does training and policy include  something along the lines of "if they're talking, they're breathing"?  (If asked to guess,--and it's only a guess--I would say "I can't breathe" would be a fairly common response in arrest situations.)

If these were rogue cops, acting outside training and policy, then throw the full weight of the law and punishment at them.  If they were not, then both should be adjusted accordingly and changes/clarifications in police procedures need to implemented (nationwide).

My two cents.   :shrug:

I have heard LEO's on Fox say that this move to put knee on the neck to pin a suspect down is never taught or allowed.

Well, as an avid watcher of Live PD I have seen this move several times used by police  across the country while trying to cuff the suspect.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Not that it matters to anyone, but the vast majority of people who have been arrested are from out of state, and many are white.

Not that it matters......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not that it matters to anyone, but the vast majority of people who have been arrested are from out of state, and many are white.

My guesstimate...  Dot No 1 Antifa,   Dot No. 2. soros,  Dot 3.  Misc. other dim slush organizations.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

I mentioned that on the "All hell is breaking loose" thread, that the (black) mayor of St. Paul said arrestees were from out of state. Myst also started a thread on what the St. Paul mayor said.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 06:16:14 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

Re: Minneapolis cop who knelt on man's neck charged with murder
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2020, 08:21:06 pm »
Who is giving excuses?  I think most everyone thinks this was excessive force.  The only question is whether there were other circumstances that caused his death?  Is getting all the facts in before making total judgement too much?

I don't think it was excessive force.
I am also informed by Chauvin's long service to his oath and accommodations
And the archaic idea that a man is innocent until proven guilty.

I am not so quick to throw the guy to the dogs. Primarily because that is what the media wants me to do.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2020, 09:07:56 pm »

I am not so quick to throw the guy to the dogs. Primarily because that is what the media wants me to do.

And Chauvin will get his trial.

Problem is, Floyd won't, and many believe the cop was already punishing him BEFORE his trial.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online roamer_1

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2020, 09:24:40 pm »
And Chauvin will get his trial.

Problem is, Floyd won't, and many believe the cop was already punishing him BEFORE his trial.

I believe their belief is born of ignorance. There was nothing unusual in that bust except the failure to render aid. And I have that on the authority of two cops, and my own experience.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2020, 09:52:47 pm »

Wouldn't a tase been better option.  I have never been arrested, but the thought of someone's knee on my throat doesn't sound appealling or a humane way to apprehend a suspect.    How about you?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2020, 10:00:06 pm »
Wouldn't a tase been better option. 

Here's a first-hand account on being tasered.

As to this case, he didn't need to be tasered.  He was already down.  Just put the cuffs on him and toss him in the back of the patrol car.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 10:01:04 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2020, 10:02:25 pm »
Wouldn't a tase been better option.  I have never been arrested, but the thought of someone's knee on my throat doesn't sound appealling or a humane way to apprehend a suspect.    How about you?

Well he was exhibiting health problems, so a taser would not be applied, for fear of heart failure.

The swarm tactic is specifically to use less force. It works well.
The knee on the neck is a standard thing. That happens just about any time there is a takedown to ground. And I have experienced it first hand, twice... It does not cut off your air. It can hurt like hell, but also doesn't have to.

In the LEO bag of tricks, that swarm and pin tactic is not only about as humane as it gets, it is also very effective. So I don't see the problem.

I also find it worth a little snicker that you consider 'humane and appealing' the priority in a takedown. Jussayin.

Online roamer_1

And btw... just for sh*ts and giggles... I don't know a single damn person that would rather be tazed than taken down without it.

Offline Hoodat

And btw... just for sh*ts and giggles... I don't know a single damn person that would rather be tazed than taken down without it.

Correct.  Take it from this guy.  If you have a choice between getting your ass whipped by the police or getting tazed, go ahead and take that ass whoopin'.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2020, 10:13:01 pm »
As to this case, he didn't need to be tasered.  He was already down.  Just put the cuffs on him and toss him in the back of the patrol car.
He was down. He didn't need a knee on his neck. He wasn't resisting at all.
I still would like to know whether it's true that while he was still standing he complained of not being able to breathe, as the preliminary medical report indicated.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

Correct.  Take it from this guy.  If you have a choice between getting your ass whipped by the police or getting tazed, go ahead and take that ass whoopin'.

That's the fact, Jack. Don't taze me bro.
 :beer:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2020, 10:21:24 pm »
He was down. He didn't need a knee on his neck. He wasn't resisting at all.
I still would like to know whether it's true that while he was still standing he complained of not being able to breathe, as the preliminary medical report indicated.

There wasn't pressure on that knee. He was not in pain. And if that cop wanted him to be in pain, hoo-boy, but they can.

Yes, he was complaining before they took him down... The called an ambulance for him right off the get-go. He resisted going into the car, standard takedown to get him under control. The neck hold is to keep him from getting up...