Author Topic: Senate Democrats pump brakes on new stimulus checks  (Read 242 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Democrats pump brakes on new stimulus checks
« on: May 29, 2020, 01:32:44 pm »
Senate Democrats pump brakes on new stimulus checks
By Alexander Bolton - 05/29/20 05:55 AM EDT

House Democrats looking to deliver another round of $1,200 relief checks to Americans are encountering skepticism from an unexpected source — fellow Democrats in the Senate.

The $3 trillion House-passed measure is not only facing opposition from GOP senators, it’s also prompting Senate Democrats to raise concerns about what they see as a huge untargeted expenditure.

Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.), a member of the Senate Finance Committee, said he wants the next round of coronavirus relief to be more focused on the households that have been hardest hit by the economic downturn brought on by the pandemic.

“I’d like to take a look at all that aid we provided and get good economic information on the value for that, from the point of view of our economy but more importantly on fairness to people who are really hurt,” Cardin said when asked whether he would support another round of checks.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/500051-senate-democrats-pump-brakes-on-new-stimulus-checks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Senate Democrats pump brakes on new stimulus checks
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 01:58:39 pm »
Many house dims can rah rah rah all they want around BOTOX Nancy's grandstanding gubmit giveaway.   Their seats are safe.

OTOH, in the senate where the whole state elects, some of  the more astute dim senators realize that bankrupting this country is not a winning political strategy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Senate Democrats pump brakes on new stimulus checks
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 02:37:23 pm »
This is unexpected.  Now its the Dims questioning spending?  Wanting to know how it was used.  They probably just want to give money to the people who don't want to work.

And then there is Trump busy tweeting double digit millions for states and their infrastructure projects.  22 mil here, 29 mil there.  50 mil to Millwaukee.  Bus lines, train service.....etc.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump 

Nancy will give xxxx$,  and Trump responds with xxxxx$ of money we don't have.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:40:26 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.