Author Topic: Dow books a 150-point loss after President Trump says he will hold Friday news conference on China  (Read 766 times)

Online libertybele

Dow books a 150-point loss after President Trump says he will hold Friday news conference on China

Stocks closed lower Thursday, skidding into negative territory in the final hour of trade, after President Donald Trump said he would hold a news conference on China on Friday, rattling investors who had been enjoying a rally on optimism about an economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic. ........

............... President Trump’s announcement of a news conference on China came amid growing worries that tensions between world’s largest economies may put economic recovery in jeopardy.

The U.S., Australia, Canada and the U.K. governments issued a joint statement Thursday reiterating their “deep concern regarding Beijing’s decision to impose a national security law on Hong Kong,” after China’s parliament, the National People’s Congress passed legislation Thursday that could greatly curtail democratic freedoms...........

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stock-index-futures-edge-higher-after-dow-retakes-25000-2020-05-28?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Obviously, we need to get that Bad Orange Man outta there.  Only the Democrats can save us now!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Dow books a 150-point loss after President Trump says he will hold Friday news conference on China

Can't seem to find any scuttlebutt on tomorrow's Trump Presser on the Chinese HK aggression. 

I am guessing some sanctions, and a smaller chance of embargos.  IN any case, I hope he has more than us and the British Commonwealth as far as ammo, or the Chicoms are going to laugh in our face.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Can't seem to find any scuttlebutt on tomorrow's Trump Presser on the Chinese HK aggression. 

I am guessing some sanctions, and a smaller chance of embargos.  IN any case, I hope he has more than us and the British Commonwealth as far as ammo, or the Chicoms are going to laugh in our face.
The Chinese own assets all over the west. Seizing a portion commensurate with the damage their Covid virus, let alone this HK dust up, has caused would be perfectly justifiable. Do we have the guts? Who knows.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:05:02 am by skeeter »

Offline Victoria33

Obviously, we need to get that Bad Orange Man outta there.  Only the Democrats can save us now!
@Cyber Liberty

OK, Cyber, we have come to this point - I would rather have you as President than "Bad Orange Man" as you call him, Trump.  We all know you are the bottom of the barrel, (literally one of your beer barrels at your house), but I for sure will vote for you. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
The Chinese own assets all over the west. Seizing a portion commensurate with the damage their Covid virus, let alone this HK dust up, has caused would be perfectly justifiable. Do we have the guts? Who knows.

I have heard that the pricetag worldwide of this pandemic thusfar is anywhere between $2-$8T

Physically seizing substantial assets would be considered an act of war.  Chicoms would likely retaliate and liquidate their $23T owned in US Debt.  Then  band with other bad actors and refuse to honor the $ as reference currency.  By that time  the IMF, or whatever is left of it would be powerless and  helpless in what would become an unraveling of the world economy unseen before.

I would hope the recouping of damages would come in the future, and at the behest of a world wide effort. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

OK, Cyber, we have come to this point - I would rather have you as President than "Bad Orange Man" as you call him, Trump.  We all know you are the bottom of the barrel, (literally one of your beer barrels at your house), but I for sure will vote for you.

We are in 100% agreement!  I want me as King, too!

I dunno what 86'ed the Market today, it was looking good when we left the house to go to our volunteer gig.  I was just gigging y'all there. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

We are in 100% agreement!  I want me as King, too!

I dunno what 86'ed the Market today, it was looking good when we left the house to go to our volunteer gig.  I was just gigging y'all there.

I do hope cooler heads prevail. 

By 2023-2024, I hope some international court or tribunal is established to determine what level of liability Chicoms had in unleashing this pandemic. I also hope that same court determines how and why the WHO was unable to contain the contagin. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We've had a straight up run for a couple of weeks.

This is a nominal retracement.

What sad journalism.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I thought the hiccup was because certain tech companies would need to clean up their acts or face DOJ scrutiny.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:43:41 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Hoodat

The DOW was already heading downward before Trump made the announcement.  But they had to come up with something to blame on Trump today, so this is what they came up with.  btw, the DOW rose 87 points in the final ten minutes, ostensibly because Trump's noticed his shoe untied and promptly tied it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought the hiccup was because certain tech companies would need to clean up their acts or face DOJ scrutiny.   :shrug:

I'd say that's a more likely cause than the President announcing a news conference.   :pop41:
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

If you look at the charts and the timing of announcement......

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stock-index-futures-edge-higher-after-dow-retakes-25000-2020-05-28?mod=home-page

But at this minute DJIA and VIX futures are pretty flat, so whatever spooked the markets late in the afternoon hasn't carried over after hours.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

What sad journalism.

Most journalism is crappy these days.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online catfish1957

What sad journalism.

Yeah, and a true trait of an overbought market.  Fed Chair sneezes and the market is down a percent. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What sad journalism.
Not journalism reporting news, it is journalism attempting to create news by distortion.

Just like the Chicoms do.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington