Author Topic: False news swirls around Minneapolis officer in George Floyd arrest  (Read 1501 times)

Offline goatprairie

But that doesn't change the fact that what happened to Floyd was absolutely horrific.

The murder happened near where our nephew lives and the rioting is going on in neighborhoods where several other relatives presently live.

It shouldn't be made political from either side...... but both sides will surely do it.  **nononono*

Praying for calm and for the safety of innocent people in the beautiful South Minneapolis neighborhoods.
The "murder"? Isn't that a little hasty?  I'll admit it looks bad for the officer, but I'd put off claiming murder until all the facts are in. 

Offline Absalom

Nice use of the logical fallacies of the non sequitur and red herrings. How about answering the question.
--------------------------------------
George Floyd is dead because Chauvin stopped him from breathing w/his body weight.
The Minneapolis Precinct was burned to the ground because the Police abandoned it to rioters.
Much of the City has been overrun and destroyed by arsonists and burglars.
Two plus two equals four.
Work from the bottom up, then after you master 2+2=4, you might be ready for some reality?

Offline verga

George Floyd is dead because Chauvin stopped him from breathing w/his body weight.
The Minneapolis Precinct was burned to the ground because the Police abandoned it to rioters.
Much of the City has been overrun and destroyed by arsonists and burglars.
Two plus two equals four.
Work from the bottom up, then after you master 2+2=4, you might be ready for some reality?
@Absalom "So your idea is to overcharge him and get any conviction thrown out on a technicality. Good plan."
But you still did not answer the question and you are still using the same two logical fallacies. Like I said "Good Plan"
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Hoodat

George Floyd is dead because Democrat officials repeatedly gave Chauvin a free pass on police misconduct.  One of these officials is a US Senator and potential VP nominee.

Democrats need to own this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

No, he is not.

Offline roamer_1

George Floyd is dead because Democrat officials repeatedly gave Chauvin a free pass on police misconduct.  One of these officials is a US Senator and potential VP nominee.

Democrats need to own this.

That is not true either.

Online Hoodat

Re: False news swirls around Minneapolis officer in George Floyd arrest
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2020, 12:08:29 am »
Derek Chauvin had 16 complaints made against him that were closed with 'no discipline.' A former member of the police review board says that's proof of a broken system.

Haven Orecchio-Egresitz  |  2 days ago

During the 20 years that preceded Minneapolis Officer Derek Chauvin's killing of George Floyd, 18 complaints of misconduct had already been filed against him.

Two of the complaints resulted in a "letter of reprimand," but the 16 others had no repercussions at all — and none of their contents have been released to the public.

The apparent lack of accountability and transparency in the handling of prior issues with Chauvin has raised a question: What is even the point of the city's' Police Conduct Review board?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/derek-chauvin-had-16-complaints-made-against-him-that-were-closed-with-no-discipline-a-former-member-of-the-police-review-board-says-thats-proof-of-a-broken-system/ar-BB14Muq3
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2020, 12:40:37 am »
Derek Chauvin had 16 complaints made against him that were closed with 'no discipline.' A former member of the police review board says that's proof of a broken system.

NONSENSE.

Offline verga

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2020, 02:30:20 am »

The apparent lack of accountability and transparency in the handling of prior issues with Chauvin has raised a question: What is even the point of the city's' Police Conduct Review board?
I have known and worked with a number of police officers, State Police, County Sheriff's Deputies, and Town and City. The vast majority have been outstanding. And most of them have had complaints against them. And most of them have been dismissed as unfounded. The reason being that some people can be real D!CK$! Body and Dash cams have done alot to protect officers from frivolous complaints. YouTube is filled with videos of people making false claims and the police showing the real deal. Yes there are bad cops, just like there are bad Doctors, Lawyers, teachers, engineers, etc......
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2020, 02:49:36 am »
I have known and worked with a number of police officers, State Police, County Sheriff's Deputies, and Town and City. The vast majority have been outstanding. And most of them have had complaints against them. And most of them have been dismissed as unfounded. The reason being that some people can be real D!CK$! Body and Dash cams have done alot to protect officers from frivolous complaints. YouTube is filled with videos of people making false claims and the police showing the real deal. Yes there are bad cops, just like there are bad Doctors, Lawyers, teachers, engineers, etc......

It also happens in the medical field.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2020, 03:02:18 am »

That's right, and more to the point, consider what it takes for IAD to summarily dismiss a claim... There are lawyers lining up around the block, eager to start a civil suit against the county/city. Dismissing a frivolous claim means exactly that - there's no there there... Or the suit is inevitable.

So what you are left with is a 20 year veteran of the force with merely TWO letters of reprimand (the least form of punishment there is) and TWO medals of Valor in his jacket... Being accused of a most heinous abuse of his oath. Summarily fired and besmirched. That is unconscionable.

It should have been suspension and investigation... should have taken weeks to indict...

He;s being set up to be the bagholder... looks plain to me.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2020, 03:02:47 am »
More people should watch LivePD....that might give them an idea of what leos contend with on a daily basis.

Offline verga

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2020, 04:28:11 pm »
More people should watch LivePD....that might give them an idea of what leos contend with on a daily basis.
:amen: :thumbsup: