Author Topic: Donald Trump Demands Justice Department Investigation into Death of George Floyd  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Spiering 27 May 2020

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he had requested a Justice Department investigation into the death of George Floyd, a black man who died in police custody in Minneapolis.

“At my request, the FBI and the Department of Justice are already well into an investigation as to the very sad and tragic death in Minnesota of George Floyd,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

Video captured a police officer kneeling on Floyd’s neck for several minutes despite his complaints that he could not breathe. He ultimately stopped moving and died.

Trump did not take sides, signaling support for local law enforcement but also expressing sympathy to Floyd’s family.

“I have asked for this investigation to be expedited and greatly appreciate all of the work done by local law enforcement,” Trump wrote. “My heart goes out to George’s family and friends. Justice will be served!”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/27/donald-trump-demands-justice-department-investigation-into-death-of-george-floyd/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We had a  case,  in Fullerton CA whereby multiple officers restrained and listened to Kelly Thomas, a mentally ill white fellow, beg for his life.

The cops were acquitted. The father won a wrongful death civil suit.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
In Houston, George Floyd's family remembers 'gentle giant' amid calls for murder charges of cops

Houston Chronicle by  Julian Gill May 27, 2020

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/george-floyd-family-police-video-death-minneapolis-15298275.php

Friends and family members of George Floyd, the Houston man who died this week in Minneapolis police custody, on Wednesday continued to speak out on the case at the center of nationwide outrage.

Floyd, 46, was seen in a now-viral video showing a white Minneapolis police officer kneeling on his neck. Police said Floyd, who is black, matched the description of a suspect in a forgery case at a grocery store, and that he resisted arrest. Floyd told the unidentified officer that he couldn’t breathe, but the officer ignored the man’s pleas.

Bridgett Floyd, George Floyd's sister, told NBC's "Today" show that the four officers in the video should be charged with murder.

"I would like for those officers to be charged with murder because that’s exactly what they did. They murdered my brother; he was crying for help," Floyd said Wednesday.

More at link.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What kind of officers do they hire in Minnesota?  It has come out there has been numerous complaints about this cop and no disciplinary action.  And not pictured above in the opening thread, but in the news today a picture shows another officer in front of the patrol car with his hands in his pocket watching.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/officer-center-george-floyds-death-005400813.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

What kind of officers do they hire in Minnesota?  It has come out there has been numerous complaints about this cop and no disciplinary action.  And not pictured above in the opening thread, but in the news today a picture shows another officer in front of the patrol car with his hands in his pocket watching.

Whatever role racism might or might not have played in this death, in at least one death the skin colors were reversed. It sounds like Minneapolis PD has an incompetence problem that transcends race.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline bilo

I can't imagine what the cops were thinking after they got him in handcuffs. At that point any threat he posed was negated.

I have heard much about it, but why resist the police when they detained him. It seems to be more common than it should be.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home